If you had to Lose a Building ...

12 Replies
The Irate Penguin
20 June, 2017, 2:17 PM UTC

If you had to remove a building from your city map and never be able to get it back, which one would it be? And why?

BTW: the following building is excluded :-)

Disclaimer: no, no one is thinking of eliminating a building (that's for all you conspiracy theorists out there :-), but we had a discussion about that in my coalition the other day and I found some of the arguments interesting.

Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
IOANNIS TSIAMANTANIS
20 June, 2017, 5:46 PM UTC

A Granary, the other two can hold 1 mil Grain. Who needs more ....

Ashu
21 June, 2017, 4:06 AM UTC
Hall of Heroes, it would save my time by not going to every city and revive a hero.
Look at a Diamond, the hardest thing in the world, yet so transparent
UTC +5:00
kjm
21 June, 2017, 10:10 AM UTC
We don't use colonies now -only emporium.  So we don't need a Tholos building .
UTC +9:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
21 June, 2017, 10:30 AM UTC
ashishjoseph22 said:

Hall of Heroes, it would save my time by not going to every city and revive a hero.
But you would lose this option itself.
Alina Bright
Community Manager
21 June, 2017, 10:32 AM UTC

IOANNIS TSIAMANTANIS said:

A Granary, the other two can hold 1 mil Grain. Who needs more ....

You can't have too much of Grain 

The Irate Penguin
21 June, 2017, 1:14 PM UTC
kjm said:

We don't use colonies now -only emporium.  So we don't need a Tholos building .
True, that's why it was excluded from this question :-)
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
VodkaRedBull
21 June, 2017, 1:17 PM UTC
the pp building as persians are terrible scam hahaha
UTC +10:00
The Irate Penguin
21 June, 2017, 1:24 PM UTC

ashishjoseph22 said:

I agree, that's a building also high on my demolition short-list :-). The whole Hero scheme is a nice addition but IMO considering how weak these units are, they serve little purpose especially considering how much ado is made about recruiting them for one's own or a friend's army, getting their own building and even having auto-generated PMs to inform players that this weakling somewhere somehow joined some army :-)

I recall paying attention to heroes in the first 2 or 3 weeks of the game but as soon as one begins to unlock stronger units the whole thing seems tedious. It would help if they were a bit stronger, either "off the shelf" or perhaps through some Hero-upgrades .. a pharma lab with hero-roids perhaps? ;-)

Cheer
P.

The Irate Penguin
21 June, 2017, 1:29 PM UTC

VodkaRedBull said:

the pp building as persians are terrible scam hahaha

I am going to ignore this blatant attempt to hijack the thread towards your favourite topic :-) but a cease and desist order is being drawn up as we speak ;-).

Ashu
21 June, 2017, 3:07 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

ashishjoseph22 said:

But you would lose this option itself.
other buildings do not require us to jump from city to city. But good to have as an extra option
Look at a Diamond, the hardest thing in the world, yet so transparent
UTC +5:00
RIX
24 June, 2017, 12:17 AM UTC
The lighthouse. 
A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
30 June, 2017, 12:47 PM UTC
RIX said:

The lighthouse. 
Yeah, this building is so old :) By the way, in some of our games there is no such a building :) 
1720950 users registered; 42396 topics; 270899 posts; our newest member:Commander #2680772