Why limit PvP x2,2 ?

Why limit PvP x2,2 ?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
May 22, 2017, 12:4705/22/17
06/12/16

Why limit PvP x2,2 ?

All that we have played in some PvP x2,2. We know that from 10,000 points, the rewards are no longer profitable with the invested.

And my question is why?. It would not be better to keep giving decent rewards and encourage further play ....

Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 23, 2017, 07:1305/23/17
09/17/15

We would like to emphasize that Tournaments should not be considered the only way to receive Units, Drachmas, or Items. Tournaments may add a bonus to all actions you perform in the game, such as fighting rivals, capturing Pantheons, attacking and defending Persian Positions, developing your City, etc., but they are only a nice addition. The main purpose of the aforementioned actions is to get Resources from Raids, rewards from PPs, and actively develop your City.

Also, Tournament rewards have always been subject to change. We regularly add some new Items, remove some old ones, change the amounts of things you get, etc. Our developers carefully calculate each Tournament reward emphasizing that rewards are a bonus, not the main point of participating in Tournaments. There are, however, rewards that can only be obtained in Tournaments. Those have a greater value since they are rare, and we do want players to participate in Tournaments to get them.

May 24, 2017, 18:5105/24/17
05/07/16
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

We would like to emphasize that Tournaments should not be considered the only way to receive Units, Drachmas, or Items. Tournaments may add a bonus to all actions you perform in the game, such as fighting rivals, capturing Pantheons, attacking and defending Persian Positions, developing your City, etc., but they are only a nice addition. The main purpose of the aforementioned actions is to get Resources from Raids, rewards from PPs, and actively develop your City.

Also, Tournament rewards have always been subject to change. We regularly add some new Items, remove some old ones, change the amounts of things you get, etc. Our developers carefully calculate each Tournament reward emphasizing that rewards are a bonus, not the main point of participating in Tournaments. There are, however, rewards that can only be obtained in Tournaments. Those have a greater value since they are rare, and we do want players to participate in Tournaments to get them.

Can you please add a thumbs down option.
May 25, 2017, 07:4205/25/17
09/17/15
GLP said:

I'm afraid we can't 
May 25, 2017, 18:0405/25/17
05/07/16

GLP said:

I'm afraid we can't 
*Thumbs down*
May 31, 2017, 20:2705/31/17
10/20/15

Alarico said:

All that we have played in some PvP x2,2. We know that from 10,000 points, the rewards are no longer profitable with the invested.

And my question is why?. It would not be better to keep giving decent rewards and encourage further play ....

Of course tournaments are not profitable after a very small number of points, but their goal is to make you spend money, not earn troops lol, so of course they're not going to make things more profitable^^

you have to be smart enough and calculate what score you want to reach, so as not to waste anything you could keep
Jun 1, 2017, 08:4306/01/17
09/17/15
lefeubleu said:

Of course tournaments are not profitable after a very small number of points, but their goal is to make you spend money, not earn troops lol, so of course they're not going to make things more profitable^^

you have to be smart enough and calculate what score you want to reach, so as not to waste anything you could keep
The main goal of any Tournament is to give you certain reward for the in-game activities you do anyway. :)
Jun 1, 2017, 17:1806/01/17
08/01/16

How else do you expect gamers to earm drachmas and GPs? I also find GPs to be too low as they fill up after certain point. Can it be possible to add GP to daily tasks like dominion points?
Jun 2, 2017, 09:0106/02/17
09/17/15
chakrab said:

How else do you expect gamers to earm drachmas and GPs? I also find GPs to be too low as they fill up after certain point. Can it be possible to add GP to daily tasks like dominion points?
Unfortunately, we are not planning to add more ways to earn GPs.
Jun 3, 2017, 03:0306/03/17
10/20/15

lefeubleu said:

The main goal of any Tournament is to give you certain reward for the in-game activities you do anyway. :)

Of course not^^

As a non-coiner, I don't waste my troops fighting Persians or opponents outside the tournaments...

Jun 6, 2017, 08:1506/06/17
09/17/15
lefeubleu said:

Of course not^^

As a non-coiner, I don't waste my troops fighting Persians or opponents outside the tournaments...

And what if there were no Tournaments at all? Or the old Tournaments, which lasted for weeks. 1 at a time :) Would you still avoid fights in a war game? :)
Jun 6, 2017, 10:1506/06/17
09/17/15

lefeubleu said:

Of course not^^

And what if there were no Tournaments at all? Or the old Tournaments, which lasted for weeks. 1 at a time :) Would you still avoid fights in a war game? :)

why do you ask this ? 

as this situation is no longer here...

i like the idea BTW 

*Thumbs Down*
Jun 6, 2017, 18:0306/06/17
08/10/15

Agreed with lefeubleu.... 

don't waste troops  if no tournaments.....and i think there're too much tournaments... ;-) unless you coin a lot you have to forget some..... otherwise you're not able to build troops fast enough even with 25% increase with pylarch.....

Better rewards or at least more than 2.2 could be nice..... 

good game to all

Manu

Jun 7, 2017, 08:4706/07/17
09/17/15

VodkaRedBull said:

lefeubleu said:

Of course not^^

why do you ask this ? 

as this situation is no longer here...

i like the idea BTW 

*Thumbs Down*

My point is that this is a war game. You aren't supposed to be safe here. Your Units are designed for fights, not for eternal hiding. And Tournaments were designed to give you additional rewards for development and military actions. Not to be the main purpose of any military actions.