Peace-Ally rules

15 Replies
Drag-Theseus
13 May, 2017, 9:09 AM UTC

When your coalition make Peace or Ally status main rules (which your coalitions mostly create) are : Do not attack Allies

-Capital, 

-Pantheon and 

-City.. 

Farms (sieges) and Emporiums are free to hit. 

Is there anyone who maybe have sieges and Emporiums included not to hit when you have Ally or Peace status with someone? or maybe you have some extra (new) rule?

Some players are in role of Coalition Diplomat so they could use more experiance from those who are old diplomats..

I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
Mick13000
13 May, 2017, 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Drag-Theseus,

For my coalition the rules are as follows for Peace/Ally status:

Attack No City

Attack No Capitol

Attack No Pantheons

Emporiums-Contact that player-otherwise-Do Not Attack

It is "highly recommended" (emphasis on "highly")  that "before" you attack a siege (bot farm, protectorate) or emporium to contact the other coalition member and set up a understanding of engagement.

I personally have an understanding with over 50 other coalition's individual members with the following ROE (Rules of Engagement)

1.) Emporiums-What happens in the emporiums, stays in the emporiums!

This rule is very helpful in the mission to get 2 Agemas. An understanding with another player gets you the mission, plus no threat to your city or coalition.

2.) Bot Farms-Are free to hit. After a big raid in which the galley trick is used-I find it "very lucrative" to send that member a portion of the raid. Good for me, good for him and no threat to each of our city or coalition. Let's face it-the hair trigger response is prevalent in Sparta...lol:))

I woke up this morning to having no bot farms that I sieged last night-but my resources had jumped up to at least 150K-courtesy of "honorable players"! Wish there was a reward for playing like this-I know of several players who play and respect the agreements we each have made.

3.) Protectorate-this one is tricky because if it is not a bot farm-the person that has taken a city owns it. (In my opinion)

I don't take a protectorate unless its an enemy. Other times, I have been invited to take a city. Having huge resources in that city-I  send back some resources to the member who "owned" it. End Point-no threat to my city or his for the attack.

Diplomacy existed back in ancient Sparta and can be applied here-rules of engagement are preferable to blowing out one's army. 

It has to-the build times, along with revival cost are, in some cases, insurmountable to the common player (myself included) to compete on a regular basis. 

In the long term, you end up with building a bigger army (for use on Persian Positions as well) for the times when "diplomacy" fails. And when it does-not only are you ready, but your coalition is ready as well to defend and attack.

Hope this was of some help to you. 

Strength & Honor,

Mick

UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
13 May, 2017, 3:02 PM UTC

I suppose every coalition has some understanding of which actions are allowed against other coalitions' members, depending on which type of treaty, peace or alliance, is in place. These do not only include the typical targets such as Emporia or Farms but often extend to rules of retaliation and methods for resolving grievances.

At the ends of the spectrum we usually find home cities, capitals and pantheons which are protected, and at the other end the raiding of sieged bots which is almost universally condoned. But in between I've found a wide variety of rules allowing or prohibiting attacks on sieges, farms and emporia, the rules often dependent on agreements between individual coalitions, and these agreements seem, in no small measure dictated by who can make them stick. Large coalitions are often able to dictate these terms which might seem unfair, but fairness isn't really an argument in the world of Realpolitik and the rule of the strong :-).

m2cw
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
morteeee
13 May, 2017, 7:31 PM UTC

in our alliance we have the following rules

Sieges are free for all when following these rules

Spy first and if full--------RAID Spying a siege is a form of notification. It works amongst many players in general play outside alliances.

Blind raids are discouraged because some sieges will have defence in them to kill Non-Alliance , which we want. We don't want unnecessary losses of defence that should be defending your pans and cities. If a siege has significant defence ....please message , some players will actually green light you to kill it for PVP But DO NOT send raid if there is defence and you have not messaged , sometimes these are there for WAR Points.

No taking over of sieges from other Alliance members

Emporia Rules

Free for all; those that play Emporia expect them to die for PVP at Emporia

Try not to actively hit other Alliance members but hey, long travel times etc .stuff happens

all our Peace agreements and NAP's (non aggression pacts) are the same 

Emporia, free for all, don't take it to home cities but try to avoid allies 

Sieges, free for all but if owned by an alliance member ALWAYS scout first and message if significant defence is on site 

the only city you own is the one you can change the name of! 

History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
RIX
13 May, 2017, 10:34 PM UTC

Our coalition has been playing for 3 years and 1 month and here is how we have diplomacy with everyone:

Ally:  Everything is off limits

Status of peace: Members, capital and pantheons are off limits, everything thing else is fair game unless it causes a diplomatic nightmare and that is on player by player basis. (some players are crybabies)
A T H E N A
UTC -5:00
Fortuna
14 May, 2017, 8:44 AM UTC

farms/sieges ... have not the flag of my coa & they are not owed by me , also resources are for all, it helops us to ahve more fun day to day. (exception if i am sieging or viceverse an enemy from an official war, that would be interfiering)

after said this, we respect capitals/pans/cities, but sieges we belive that is a private thing of the players to deal with their neighbours to help eachother (or if they are enemies to kill daily)

I found that the more "war" orientated coalitions are more respectuful or relaxed that the "farmers" ones, specially the ones with too many pans. as they dont have real enemies, they are eager to began fights for sieges. (just a general though of my day by day experience)

Good evening infidels
UTC +0:00
Drag-Theseus
14 May, 2017, 9:34 AM UTC
RIX said:

Our coalition has been playing for 3 years and 1 month and here is how we have diplomacy with everyone:

Status of peace: Members, capital and pantheons are off limits, everything thing else is fair game unless it causes a diplomatic nightmare and that is on player by player basis. (some players are crybabies)
So even if you are in peace.. you still attack cities of those coalitions? Interesting to hear that (first time I hear hehe).
I'm just Time Lord....
Drag-Theseus
14 May, 2017, 9:43 AM UTC

Few coalitions have problems with some of their members. Some players look on their farms/sieges as their personal farms and they don't like to share them..and then when someone from coalition (who are allies or with peace status) attack those farms.. problem is there.

Personally I agree that farms are free to hit for all..I have only 3 farms and I am letting my neighbors to raid them anytime (and I'm raiding their)..but some players have like 15 farms with big storages and they look on those farms as their own and they don't want to share.

I'm just Time Lord....
RIX
14 May, 2017, 11:43 AM UTC
Drag-Theseus said:

RIX said:

So even if you are in peace.. you still attack cities of those coalitions? Interesting to hear that (first time I hear hehe).
No sir.  Member's would qualify as cities ;)
A T H E N A
Zsolt Antal
14 May, 2017, 12:38 PM UTC
Drag-Theseus said:

Few coalitions have problems with some of their members. Some players look on their farms/sieges as their personal farms and they don't like to share them..and then when someone from coalition (who are allies or with peace status) attack those farms.. problem is there.

Personally I agree that farms are free to hit for all..I have only 3 farms and I am letting my neighbors to raid them anytime (and I'm raiding their)..but some players have like 15 farms with big storages and they look on those farms as their own and they don't want to share.

there are some   crybabies   who are  threatening others players to not touch theirs farm cities even if the aren't  allies or in an state of pace .. and they have  sieged all the farms with good resoruces 
UTC +3:00
Mick13000
14 May, 2017, 2:01 PM UTC

Zsolt Antal said:

Drag-Theseus said:

there are some   crybabies   who are  threatening others players to not touch theirs farm cities even if the aren't  allies or in an state of pace .. and they have  sieged all the farms with good resoruces 

....and not only do you have the "crybabies"...you have those players that think they "own" every individual bot farm and when you raid them, they threaten you with death threats and then extending that "threat" to your family-"In Real Life"!!

Not a coiner, but circumstances dictated that I purchase Political Assassins and then proceeded to PA their ass for a week straight-up and down the chain of command of those who attacked me, with screen shots of the message their so called "leader" sent me.

The attacks & the threats stopped!

Respect To All

Mick
UTC +5:00
RIX
14 May, 2017, 3:55 PM UTC
Unfortunately when it comes to online gaming, every type of person can play, including those who are mentally unstable. For me, I don't mind anyone even ally's to hit any city sieged by me.  It's disappointing to see bot lines sieged for miles in both directions by 1 player or several from one clan.  
A T H E N A
The Irate Penguin
14 May, 2017, 5:34 PM UTC

Mick13000 said:

....and not only do you have the "crybabies"...you have those players that think they "own" every individual bot farm and when you raid them, they threaten you with death threats and then extending that "threat" to your family-"In Real Life"!!

What depresses me most is that these folks actually have a real life out there somewhere, either acting exactly this way at home, in school, on their job, God forbid as voters; or, more likely: are much too scared to open their mouths but seething to the point of contemplating the next mall or school massacre.

Now depressed on Mother's Day
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
Drag-Theseus
14 May, 2017, 8:38 PM UTC
RIX said:

Unfortunately when it comes to online gaming, every type of person can play, including those who are mentally unstable. For me, I don't mind anyone even ally's to hit any city sieged by me.  It's disappointing to see bot lines sieged for miles in both directions by 1 player or several from one clan.  
Some are doing siege quest so they have all sieged hehe but only low levels..noone need them..I agree with everything
I'm just Time Lord....
OdysseusOfSparta
17 June, 2017, 7:06 PM UTC

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-discussion/42810_treaty--etiquette-/?post=327776    i apologize  for the caps ....i didnt have my glasses on at the time  

curious to hear everyones take on this .......... ALLIED coalitions  NOT  peace treaty  mind you 

UTC +0:00
The Irate Penguin
17 June, 2017, 7:08 PM UTC
OdysseusOfSparta said:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-discussion/42810_treaty--etiquette-/?post=327776    i apologize  for the caps ....i didnt have my glasses on at the time  

No worries :-)
1667926 users registered; 34112 topics; 254105 posts; our newest member:Commander #2565104