Galley carrying capacity increase.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 26, 2017, 21:5104/26/17
10/08/16

I have two questions about the %10 increase for galleys carrying capacity available in the GPS section. If I use the 50 GPS points to buy the %10 increase for my galleys is that permanent? Also, once you buy it, is it available again or can you only buy it once? I have 90 points right now and the auto unit hider is only 100 points and having one of those in my back pocket would be handy since I always try to have units training. So if i found myself in a situation when I had to leave but had all four buildings cranking at full tilt it would be VERY useful. Not to mention the item isn't something I usually can get my hands on since the drachmas it would cost are better spent buying or reviving champions.

But, if the increase is only available just the one time I might as well purchase it since I have acquired all the rare agreements that you can get with GPS. Any advice would be much appreciated.

XP 
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 26, 2017, 21:5604/26/17
08/21/14

increase for galleys carrying capacity for GPS is forever

Apr 26, 2017, 22:0404/26/17
11/17/16

fightclubfan.33 said:

I have two questions about the %10 increase for galleys carrying capacity available in the GPS section. If I use the 50 GPS points to buy the %10 increase for my galleys is that permanent? Also, once you buy it, is it available again or can you only buy it once? I have 90 points right now and the auto unit hider is only 100 points and having one of those in my back pocket would be handy since I always try to have units training. So if i found myself in a situation when I had to leave but had all four buildings cranking at full tilt it would be VERY useful. Not to mention the item isn't something I usually can get my hands on since the drachmas it would cost are better spent buying or reviving champions.

But, if the increase is only available just the one time I might as well purchase it since I have acquired all the rare agreements that you can get with GPS. Any advice would be much appreciated.

XP 

Hello Archon,

The increase galley capacity with GPs is permanent. You can increase your galley capacity up to 32K with GPs! So yes you can buy it more than once! 

Have in mind that you can get the auto unit hider from some tournaments so that you don't waste GPs or Drachmas for it!  

I would advise to get your galley capacity to 32K. I know it's a lot of GPs but it is more useful than auto unit hider in my opinion, especially if you raid. And you need to raid in order to develop your buildings, build army and upgrade your agreements!

But it's up to you to decide what you are going to do! 

Apr 26, 2017, 22:1504/26/17
Apr 26, 2017, 22:16(edited)

I'd have to agree with Xena, investing in an auto-hider offers only very short-term respite while the galley enhancer will serve you well years to come :-).

If I recall correctly, one may acquire 9 enhancers in total before the stock runs out (but I may be off by one, I omitted to keep good notes on that).

Also, remember that the enhancer applies to the base carrying capacity, not the capacity augmented by harbour upgrades.

Cheers
P.

Apr 27, 2017, 01:5004/27/17
10/08/16

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals! I will definitely choose to score a couple of the %10 bumps as opposed to the auto hider. Once last querry for you Xena. When you quoted the number 32k, are you referring to the total possible percentage increase including harbours bonuses? I know that the max possible to achieve from an individual raid is 100k and as it stands right now I am capable of scoring 86k. Of course I have used sketches to level my port up to 22 out of 24. Of course in retrospect if it turns out that I could've achieved the max raid limit by using GPS then I would've been better served conserving those sketches for a different building.

I really want to level up my Infirmary, but at the cost of 800 sketches and with how hard they are to come by it seems that the wait is an awful long shot. Especially considering it only grants you an additional %5. Honestly, I find the rarity of sketches being awarded for tournaments rewards and the steep cost of them at the market one of the most frustrating points of the game. Any addititional advice concerning that aspect would be much appreciated.

Thanks again! XP 
Apr 27, 2017, 10:5004/27/17
Apr 27, 2017, 10:52(edited)
11/17/16

fightclubfan.33 said:

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals! I will definitely choose to score a couple of the %10 bumps as opposed to the auto hider. Once last querry for you Xena. When you quoted the number 32k, are you referring to the total possible percentage increase including harbours bonuses? I know that the max possible to achieve from an individual raid is 100k and as it stands right now I am capable of scoring 86k. Of course I have used sketches to level my port up to 22 out of 24. Of course in retrospect if it turns out that I could've achieved the max raid limit by using GPS then I would've been better served conserving those sketches for a different building.

I really want to level up my Infirmary, but at the cost of 800 sketches and with how hard they are to come by it seems that the wait is an awful long shot. Especially considering it only grants you an additional %5. Honestly, I find the rarity of sketches being awarded for tournaments rewards and the steep cost of them at the market one of the most frustrating points of the game. Any addititional advice concerning that aspect would be much appreciated.

Thanks again! XP 

As a player who has been playing since the beginning of the game, that is way before sketches were added, the only way we could increase the galley capacity more once we had upgraded harbor and port to level 20 was with GPs. 

The galley capacity was 24K with harbor and port at level 20. And you could increase it up to 32K galley capacity.

It's been ages since I did that but if I remember correctly then every 10% increase with GPs increases galley capacity by 800. So you can get that particular item 10 times to get from 24K to 32K.

Of course now with sketches you can upgrade it way more. I think you can get 100K galley capacity in total. Personally I have a 51K galley capacity at the moment so that I can get 100K resources from raids. Maybe in the future I will upgrade them to 100K! 

As for the infirmary in my opinion it's not worth being upgraded. It only increases the percentage of the offensive troops being revived if they are attacked while outside Acropolis. The simplest and smartest would be to just send your troops to Acropolis so that they never get attacked while stationed outside! 

Yes Sketches are hard to get and are expensive but I believe they are more than worth it! Personally I only purchase them during 30% sketches discount when I have enough Drachmas.

I would happily give you additional advice if you could share your game style with me. Are you in an offensive or a defensive coalition?