All Categories

How would you liberate a Coalition Member?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 20, 2017, 08:2804/20/17

Finding a coalition member sieged during morning rounds is more or less common. What unit types and strengths do you generally use to break a siege? Just a few light troops, assuming it's a minimal siege? If more, how much more? Do you scout? Let us know. 

Cheers
P.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 20, 2017, 09:0704/20/17
04/13/16
if i am friend with him...first sent scouts..and after that all in with attack force :) 
Apr 20, 2017, 18:1904/20/17
11/05/15
scout first then send enough to liberate using the liberate button so as to not waste my precious res raids 
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 21, 2017, 08:2904/21/17
09/17/15
Siege is a good protection against raids :) Do you really need to liberate them? :)
Apr 23, 2017, 11:5904/23/17
11/17/16

Personally I never spy when I'm about to liberate someone.

I just send my expendable units (light and heavy infantry) no matter what's in there. 

Apr 23, 2017, 12:1204/23/17

Xena said:

I just send my expendable units (light and heavy infantry) no matter what's in there. 

That's my method of choice as well. From experience and IMO most sieges (95%+) consist of a minimal contingent of troops, easily dislodged by a few heavy / lights; one more reason to keep some fast light/heavy units on call so that they are able to break sieges quickly. On occasion, one will run into a more sturdy siege, but that is the exception and can be dealt with separately.

m2cw
P.

Apr 23, 2017, 14:0704/23/17
11/17/16

The Irate Penguin said:

Xena said:

That's my method of choice as well. From experience and IMO most sieges (95%+) consist of a minimal contingent of troops, easily dislodged by a few heavy / lights; one more reason to keep some fast light/heavy units on call so that they are able to break sieges quickly. On occasion, one will run into a more sturdy siege, but that is the exception and can be dealt with separately.

m2cw
P.

Yes, I couldn't agree more with what is said above.

It is true that most of the times sieges consist of a small number of troops so you can easily liberate a siege.

Another interesting fact is that most of the def used in sieges is phalanx and cavalry units and therefore light and heavy infantry are more highly effective.

So, everyone, build light and heavy infantry offense because, personally, they are the most important units in most cases.

If a siege is heavily defended there are always friends or other coalition members willing to help you break the siege.

Just ask around!