Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Apr 18, 2017, 18:5804/18/17
Apr 18, 2017, 23:10(edited)
03/30/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

You couldnt be more wrong..There were quite a few bragging about abusing the glitch, Also seen screenshots of some of there armies ..Also you do not even play any of the games you defend so how could you know anything that has went on?? Also you have claimed in the past cheating isn't possible yet people have abused glitches in the past and now you even admit some were able to abuse the system...So which is it??  

Abusing game mechanics is different from cheating that allows you to create in-game values by non-gameplay ways :)

And by the way, all Plarium employees play our games. However, not on the public servers.

I see. Cheating schemes are OK, until they become known to ordinary players. Then it becomes "Abuse". 

And employees surely do not have friends and relatives to feed them with "little secrets" and other perks . :)

Apr 18, 2017, 23:3904/18/17
Apr 18, 2017, 23:48(edited)
11/26/14
So are you saying abusing glitches is not cheating????  Good to know abusing a game glitch is not the same as or considered cheating....
Apr 19, 2017, 01:5904/19/17
03/30/15

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

So are you saying abusing glitches is not cheating????  Good to know abusing a game glitch is not the same as or considered cheating..

There were no "glitches" - there were deliberately created loopholes. And there many more left
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 19, 2017, 07:3004/19/17
09/17/15
ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

So are you saying abusing glitches is not cheating????  Good to know abusing a game glitch is not the same as or considered cheating....
There were no glitches in PP mechanics. Abusing game mechanics is not cheating, as the game provides you such an opportunity. Cheating is acting against our game mechanics and getting an unfair advantage that other players cannot get as they are limited by game mechanics.
Apr 19, 2017, 07:3304/19/17
09/17/15

Mullenz said:

You misinterpreted my post. I do not deny that "abuse" could have taken place in the past. My point is what happened in the past cannot "explain" the cheating that happens every days since. Do you understand? Not to mention, I am more than sure that the "loopholes" you are referring to  were deliberately created by Plarium for selected players who apparently did not keep their mouths shut. Thus, the only problem was that too many of those unauthorised knew the dirty secret. We cannot change what was in the past, but what is going on now should stop. That is what I am saying. Do you disagree? 

You should stop spreading false information on Forum. The "loopholes" you mention were not created intentionally. There was a certain game mechanics, that allowed some players to abuse the system under certain circumstances. As soon as our devs found it out, they got rid of these "loopholes" so all players starting from that point were in the same conditions. 

Right now possibility to abuse the system is not available. 
Apr 19, 2017, 09:3204/19/17
Apr 19, 2017, 09:52(edited)
03/30/15

Mullenz said:

You misinterpreted my post. I do not deny that "abuse" could have taken place in the past. My point is what happened in the past cannot "explain" the cheating that happens every days since. Do you understand? Not to mention, I am more than sure that the "loopholes" you are referring to  were deliberately created by Plarium for selected players who apparently did not keep their mouths shut. Thus, the only problem was that too many of those unauthorised knew the dirty secret. We cannot change what was in the past, but what is going on now should stop. That is what I am saying. Do you disagree? 

You should stop spreading false information on Forum. The "loopholes" you mention were not created intentionally. There was a certain game mechanics, that allowed some players to abuse the system under certain circumstances. As soon as our devs found it out, they got rid of these "loopholes" so all players starting from that point were in the same conditions. 

Right now possibility to abuse the system is not available. 

Multiple cases that cannot be explained other than by deliberate work of the staff were mentioned by knigochey. And you did not address them. The word "mechanics" per se doesn't explain anything. Remind you, that above everything else he was offered to "buy stuff cheap" That alone doesn't prove anything - but the lack of reaction on the staff behalf after he reported was more than telling. If the staff had nothing to do with that, they would have asked about details. 

I am not saying that Plarium itself is behind those illegal sales, but it is condoned (probably former or current staffers do that). But most important, it means that tempering with "mehanics" is common. 
Apr 20, 2017, 01:5504/20/17
02/13/16

I'm not interested in debating but I will say this.

My city on server 1 has been absolutely devastated by playing Persian positions.

I invested quite a bit of time and money into the account and I foolishly put everything into Persians on multiple occasions. I refuse to put any more money into it my city on that server until I see an acceptable result.

The payouts got really bad at a certain point LAST YEAR and I have been putting everything I did get and everything I could build into trying to crack the next highest one on the list.

This process in between has taken months of building and slowly chipping away to finish the position and the reward every time is just heart breaking...

I play almost exclusively on server 2 now and I do not touch Persian positions there. I am way better off and I actually enjoy the game.I spend on that server and I am happy to do so.

I do think to some degree something is owed to me on server 1. I put a lot into it and as I said before I am absolutely crippled there at the moment, at least compared to the great army I once had...

It's not fun, and it certainly in no way motivates me to spend or even log in to that server more than the bare minimum to keep troop production going.

Apr 20, 2017, 04:5604/20/17
08/21/14

Paroxysm said:

My city on server 1 has been absolutely devastated by playing Persian positions.

I invested quite a bit of time and money into the account and I foolishly put everything into Persians on multiple occasions. I refuse to put any more money into it my city on that server until I see an acceptable result.

The payouts got really bad at a certain point LAST YEAR and I have been putting everything I did get and everything I could build into trying to crack the next highest one on the list.

This process in between has taken months of building and slowly chipping away to finish the position and the reward every time is just heart breaking...

I play almost exclusively on server 2 now and I do not touch Persian positions there. I am way better off and I actually enjoy the game.I spend on that server and I am happy to do so.

I do think to some degree something is owed to me on server 1. I put a lot into it and as I said before I am absolutely crippled there at the moment, at least compared to the great army I once had...

It's not fun, and it certainly in no way motivates me to spend or even log in to that server more than the bare minimum to keep troop production going.

build troops 1 month,and go from lower banks to higher,build troops to finish 50lvl,you'll get some troops then go higher,but you need to build troops all the time and to be patient,i think you lost troops in different banks and non was full for payout,like many players did that .use calculator to see how much power you need to finish lvl's
Tonaya

Apr 22, 2017, 14:4604/22/17
11/20/15

I have read all of the above posts, and agree we all play because we chose to.  However in the context of fair gamesmanship we all expect the system or company to protect its clients and ensure there exists some measure of fair play from others and the system itself!  I play the game for enjoyment and try to build without spending a boat load of dough.... But most of the points made here are spot on and any attempt to spin it differently is dishonest or just flat out naive.... Regardless of what the company representatives are spewing, there is some serious abuse of the game and its systems.... If none of the afore mentioned things are happening, then answer this; how can two clowns from the same coalition amass unit numbers that are not supportable mathematically... I had these two clowns hit me one after the other and both had over 3500 Agema Cavalry, Several Thousand Veteran Promachos, and a couple thousand Scirross....  and a few thousand other of miscellaneous variety thrown in for good measure! All top variety troops, how could they possibly attain and or sustain those numbers...?  These guys were not level 100's, as I remember one was an 80 the other was 76ish...? 

Just some food for thought, and an opinion from the other side...Regards, Nero

Apr 23, 2017, 08:3104/23/17
08/21/14

kln461c said:

I have read all of the above posts, and agree we all play because we chose to.  However in the context of fair gamesmanship we all expect the system or company to protect its clients and ensure there exists some measure of fair play from others and the system itself!  I play the game for enjoyment and try to build without spending a boat load of dough.... But most of the points made here are spot on and any attempt to spin it differently is dishonest or just flat out naive.... Regardless of what the company representatives are spewing, there is some serious abuse of the game and its systems.... If none of the afore mentioned things are happening, then answer this; how can two clowns from the same coalition amass unit numbers that are not supportable mathematically... I had these two clowns hit me one after the other and both had over 3500 Agema Cavalry, Several Thousand Veteran Promachos, and a couple thousand Scirross....  and a few thousand other of miscellaneous variety thrown in for good measure! All top variety troops, how could they possibly attain and or sustain those numbers...?  These guys were not level 100's, as I remember one was an 80 the other was 76ish...? 

http://prntscr.com/ezrxr1

its my graveyard after playing persians,and i have much more alive proms,and i am not a coiner^^

Tonaya

Apr 24, 2017, 21:5404/24/17
03/19/15

Tonaya said:

kln461c said:

its my graveyard after playing persians,and i have much more alive proms,and i am not a coiner^^

Tonaya

That is my ballpark. And I do not spend a penny for almost 2 years - after I realized Plrium is cheating.  But When I see a single attack with 50,000 agemas. Or 10, 000 Imperial phalanx - that smells. And I personally rejected offers to "buy cheap from hackers" who I suspct are just employees, who their bosses gave free pass (instead of paying decent salaries). 
Apr 24, 2017, 21:5704/24/17
03/19/15
Tonaya said:

Paroxysm said:

build troops 1 month,and go from lower banks to higher,build troops to finish 50lvl,you'll get some troops then go higher,but you need to build troops all the time and to be patient,i think you lost troops in different banks and non was full for payout,like many players did that .use calculator to see how much power you need to finish lvl's
Tonaya

Moths? It takes up to 5 months to rebuild what Premedy, larium stole from me. I think any court would reward me with multy-zero dollar amount remedy for the time losses and stress Plrium caaused :) 
Apr 25, 2017, 00:4904/25/17
08/21/14

knigochey said:

Tonaya said:

Paroxysm said:

Tonaya

Moths? It takes up to 5 months to rebuild what Premedy, larium stole from me. I think any court would reward me with multy-zero dollar amount remedy for the time losses and stress Plrium caaused :) 

maybe you didnt understand me.if he lost troops and didnt get payout,his troops are stil there in the bank,if he dont have troops to play high lvl,i said he can build troops 1 month to do low lvl,50-75 bank,he'll get some troops,then to burn those troops on higher lvl's and that way to go up on lvl's and he'll get his troops back.long time ago,it happened to me,and i got my troops back that way.

btw to rebuild 10mill off or def you need years ,not months

Tonaya
Apr 25, 2017, 00:5004/25/17
01/10/16

Tonaya said:

kln461c said:

Tonaya

Good God..I'm crying over that figure..and those aren't even my troops!
Apr 25, 2017, 01:1704/25/17
01/10/16

Tonaya said:

knigochey said:

Tonaya said:

Paroxysm said:

Tonaya

maybe you didnt understand me.if he lost troops and didnt get payout,his troops are stil there in the bank,if he dont have troops to play high lvl,i said he can build troops 1 month to do low lvl,50-75 bank,he'll get some troops,then to burn those troops on higher lvl's and that way to go up on lvl's and he'll get his troops back.long time ago,it happened to me,and i got my troops back that way.

Tonaya

..."to rebuild 10Mil off or Defense you need years"

My feelings exactly!

Look, we all know that this game is one huge algorithm. I always wondered why the "mechanics" or "algorithms" couldn't be changed to allow armies to be built faster.  If I could build 5 mil in troops in 1-2 weeks and then use it over the weekend-I would be more inclined to revive-(at a lower drach rate of course) than to wait months on end. 

Think of the horse track-what window keeps the track open? It sure is not the 100 dollar  window...its the 2 dollar window! 

Think of Las Vegas-What  machines and card games are the busiest? The ones that offer a 1 dollar to play or 5 dollar sitting fee to get into the poker game! How many people in Vegas stand around waiting for months to play a game? Yea..ok..

The battles here in Sparta would be near constant..or could be near constant if this one aspect would change.

Build for months, only to blow it all or mostly all on the weekend..then take months to re-build or revive with drachs that is much too costly.

This is the only aspect of Sparta WOE that I would love to see changed-Hell, I would spend money on a regular basis. As a business owner I would want a steady stream of dollars instead of customers who spend once every 3 months. Sure, like Vegas your going to have your "high rollers" but its always the little people who have that steady stream of semi-disposable cash. Think of it-50,000 players building troops faster than they can click on "build" and then reviving them "Every Weekend"!

But..I digress. i haven't made it to the CEO position yet at Plarium...lol:))

Ok..rant over...lol:))

Back to building.

Respect to all

M

Apr 25, 2017, 10:4404/25/17
09/17/15

I'm sure I've already said it before, but it's still actual :)

It's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.
Even if we cut training time by 50%, you will still need 1 month to rebuild. Which is still too long. It's not 1 day as most of you would like to. And players would still be dissatisfied.
Moreover, if you build faster, it means that your rivals also build faster. So you can't take over and get an advantage of it - all players will rebuild as fast as you, and you will need to build more and more Units to compete with them. Which results in more time.
If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Drachmas are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Drachmas for it, right? 
And it would allow some players to buy even more Units than they can buy now. 
What does this mean for you? Even longer to build to compete with them. It's called inflation. Your Units will cost less in a fight. If you need 1 mil. now, you will need 2 mil after changes. Which still results in the same building time.
The balance of forces would be the same, you would need more Units for each fight, and you would still spend the same amount of time for building a competitive army. 
Some games have a different dynamics which includes 1-2 hour rebuild of a full army. But our game is using a different approach. You need to invest your time and spend Resources to build a large army. Sometimes it takes several months of building for a single epic strike. And such strikes are more epic and more exciting than everyday 10k hits. 
Apr 25, 2017, 11:5904/25/17
03/30/15

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

You probably made a typo. It is close to 100k total def and off per day to get from your 4 birth houses, but you also can use boosts. About 3 mil per month + troops from daily "gifts"- agema and infantry. So, for 10 mil you will need 3-4 months. 

But even that is too much.
Apr 25, 2017, 12:2304/25/17
Apr 26, 2017, 06:24(edited)
03/30/15

It's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.
Even if we cut training time by 50%, you will still need 1 month to rebuild. Which is still too long. It's not 1 day as most of you would like to. And players would still be dissatisfied.
Moreover, if you build faster, it means that your rivals also build faster. So you can't take over and get an advantage of it - all players will rebuild as fast as you, and you will need to build more and more Units to compete with them. Which results in more time.
If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Drachmas are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Drachmas for it, right? 
What does this mean for you? Even longer to build to compete with them. It's called inflation. Your Units will cost less in a fight. If you need 1 mil. now, you will need 2 mil after changes. Which still results in the same building time.
The balance of forces would be the same, you would need more Units for each fight, and you would still spend the same amount of time for building a competitive army. 
Some games have a different dynamics which includes 1-2 hour rebuild of a full army. But our game is using a different approach. You need to invest your time and spend Resources to build a large army. Sometimes it takes several months of building for a single epic strike. And such strikes are more epic and more exciting than everyday 10k hits. 

That was a pretty weak argument, Alyona. 

!. If I lose all units (and your undisclosed settings undeniably aim at that outcome - when it comes to ME, at least), I would need years to restore, not 2 months. and that is being on EVERY day, and basically every 3 hours. In order to rebuild 100 mils, at least 35 months necessar, aka 3 years, Being deprived of troops for years, we would lose interest to the game and definitely would harbor less then favoring feeling towards Plarium and its staff.

2. "it means that your rivals also build faster" ----- so what? Let the strongest chance, not just big wallets or/and those connected to the staff

3. "Even longer to build to compete with them" ------- let us worry about that. In additions to amount of troops, brains also matter, unless the game is rigged, of course. 

But most important: stop hiding the "mechanics". Not only is it dishonest towards players and immoral as such - but it also is not business savvy. I know, you rely on the game addiction - but its grip weakens every day, as dissatisfaction and boredom take a toll on players excitement. Try to salvage what you have, before it is too late and you face the unstoppable avalanche of quitting. 

Apr 26, 2017, 02:4404/26/17
08/21/14

Mullenz said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

You probably made a typo. It is close to 100k total def and off per day to get from your 4 birth houses, but you also can use boosts. About 3 mil per month + troops from daily "gifts"- agema and infantry. So, for 10 mil you will need 3-4 months. 

But even that is too much.

yes,you can do a lot of stuff in game using money

buy drachma,buy boosters,buy troops,revive troops,.....money,money,money....where is fun there?

Tonaya

Apr 26, 2017, 03:5804/26/17
Apr 26, 2017, 03:59(edited)
08/21/14

Missy Alyona,last time you used that philosophy about inflation,you shut my mouth and sended me in room 101 ^^

to open your eyes:you are looking from wrong perspective^^

here,point by point:

1."It's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.

Even if we cut training time by 50%, you will still need 1 month to rebuild. Which is still too long. It's not 1 day as most of you would like to. And players would still be dissatisfied."

Tonaya:we would be happy if you cut troop build time for  50%,not just happy,satisfied.only true is:"Which is still too long",good thing is that you know that too.

2."Moreover, if you build faster, it means that your rivals also build faster. So you can't take over and get an advantage of it - all players will rebuild as fast as you, and you will need to build more and more Units to compete with them. Which results in more time."

Tonaya:yes,we want same rights for all players,all to be equal

3."If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Drachmas are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Drachmas for it, right? "

Tonaya:right,if we can build troops double faster,or to buy more with less drachma's,we would war more=more war=more dead troops=more reviving=more fun for players

4."And it would allow some players to buy even more Units than they can buy now. 

What does this mean for you? Even longer to build to compete with them"

Tonaya:it means a lot to us,if we can build troops double faster,we would fight more,now if you loose all your troops you'v build for years,in only 1 second,there is only two options:1.delete account and play some other game 2.put huge amount of money and revive troops

5."It's called inflation. Your Units will cost less in a fight. If you need 1 mil. now, you will need 2 mil after changes. Which still results in the same building time.

Some games have a different dynamics which includes 1-2 hour rebuild of a full army. But our game is using a different approach. You need to invest your time and spend Resources to build a large army. Sometimes it takes several months of building for a single epic strike. And such strikes are more epic and more exciting than everyday 10k hits. "

Tonaya:in number 5 is the key of all our problems and your wrong perspective and perception

in this game,there are only 1 salesroom,plarium shop,we can buy all stuff in game only from you,so you have monopoly to determine the price of all,price of drachma,price of troops,price of all items for game,you are the only one who determine currency.

if we have more then one store in game,then it would be economy like in real life,if one store number 1 lower price of drachma,all players would buy from that store,that would result to store number 2 lower their price too and then would players buy from store number 2,it is the law of the market,market economy,quality determines the price.

but here it is something different:

plarium have monopoly to determinate the currency,to name the price off all stuff in this game

the only thing against plarium's monopoly is time,and that is the secret key and answer why it is like it is in this game

only abnormally long time to build troops holds your currency,and give a simple choice to players:you can buy everything in this game,only from plarium,by price which plarium determine,or if you dont want to spend money in plarium store on plarium's price,well,its your problem,then you gonna build troops for months and years,and we cant do nothing about it,right Alyona?

it is bad company management ,shortsighted  company management,that leads to the collapse of the market,in this case  collapse of the game.

signs for game collapsing : user deleted on map,a lot customer's complaining on forum,less war on map

players now take care of their troops much more then before,no one wants to loose troops he builded for years,or purchased with money,on silly fights.

answer from plarium was:

1.changing pp system=more death troops

2.invention of pantheon massacre,capital showdown,capture the flag=more death troops whether you want it or not

Alyona:but there is 90% free revive on pantheon massacre

Tonaya:no,first its not 90% at all,second its 10% plarium's tax

the only way plarium make profit is more death troops,players must loose troops more so they spend more money and buy more

i had a bar 10 years,i know what am i talking about,better management is lower price and make a profit on the quantity

Alyona,please,copy-paste my post and give to plariums boses,maybe they will understand this,and do something about it before its too late

Tonaya