How to set resource trades?

8 Replies
Ike
22 March, 2017, 11:04 PM UTC
I can't find any info on this with FAQs in game or online... perhaps I just don't know where to look. In any case, it's intuitively obvious to set what resource you want to offer and what you want to get, but when it comes to setting the amount each way you want to set out an offer for, I can't make heads or tails of it. If I put in one number, then try to set the other one, when I set the second, it changes the first number. I can't get the ratio I want. Any help, by way of explanation or a link to an explanation, would be appreciated.
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
22 March, 2017, 11:27 PM UTC

Ike said:


I can't find any info on this with FAQs in game or online... perhaps I just don't know where to look. In any case, it's intuitively obvious to set what resource you want to offer and what you want to get, but when it comes to setting the amount each way you want to set out an offer for, I can't make heads or tails of it. If I put in one number, then try to set the other one, when I set the second, it changes the first number. I can't get the ratio I want. Any help, by way of explanation or a link to an explanation, would be appreciated.

Good evening Ike:

Not sure what is unclear to you: when creating a trade ...



  1. Select the resource you are offering
  2. Select the resource you require
  3. Enter the amount you are offering (drag the marker or click the "+" / "-" buttons)
  4. Enter the amount you require (drag the marker or click the "+" / "-" buttons)
  5. Make offer

What exactly is not working as expected?

Cheers
P.

PS: Should you decide to change a value, such as (3), then you will also have to redo subsequent steps.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Ike
22 March, 2017, 11:31 PM UTC
thanks. I see now I can get to that screen and set my parameters. But my question is on the screen before that one... what do the 'from' and 'to' boxes do, and why, when you set either of them second does it automatically change the first one?
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
22 March, 2017, 11:39 PM UTC

Ike said:


thanks. I see now I can get to that screen and set my parameters. But my question is on the screen before that one... what do the 'from' and 'to' boxes do, and why, when you set either of them second does it automatically change the first one?

The previous screen list all offers by other players and the settings allow you filter these offers according to what type of trade you are looking for.



  1. Resources to trade
  2. Resource amounts
  3. Who is offering
  4. Sort order.

Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Ike
22 March, 2017, 11:58 PM UTC
right, but it's #2 that I don't understand. You can't set each of those two number to what you want. If you set one, then try to set the other to what you want, it changes the other one as well. Why can't you set each of those as you wish?
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
23 March, 2017, 12:01 AM UTC
Ike said:

right, but it's #2 that I don't understand. You can't set each of those two number to what you want. If you set one, then try to set the other to what you want, it changes the other one as well. Why can't you set each of those as you wish?
The "2" fields allow you to filter the list below. Set one to 10.000 and the other to 20.000 and the list will only show offers between 10k and 20k resources.
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
23 March, 2017, 12:06 AM UTC

In this example ...



... I am offering timber and looking for 30k to 50k grain.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Ike
23 March, 2017, 12:21 AM UTC

OK.. so field #2 shows the range of what you want in return; it doesn't have, in itself, anything to do with how much you are willing to give?


Thanks yet again.
UTC +5:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
23 March, 2017, 12:27 AM UTC

Ike said:


OK.. so field #2 shows the range of what you want in return; it doesn't have, in itself, anything to do with how much you are willing to give?


Thanks yet again.

Correct, you decide what and how much you are looking for, the "willing to give" amount, meaning the exchange rate is set by the player making the offer. If you would like to set both values, such as "offer 10k grain in exchange for 8k timber" then it is you that is creating an offer (see "Make Offer" button).

YW and cheers,
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
1667235 users registered; 34144 topics; 253881 post; our newest member:ФарКравт