Offense and Defense Rankings Calculation

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 10, 2017, 17:0403/10/17
11/24/15

Hi all, I wanted to know how are the all time,weekly and current offense and defense in the rankings tab is calculated. I mean how are those numbers derived and what do those number represent, any formula for deriving those numbers is also welcome.

Thanks
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 11, 2017, 00:1703/11/17
11/17/16

ashishjoseph22 said:

Hi all, I wanted to know how are the all time,weekly and current offense and defense in the rankings tab is calculated. I mean how are those numbers derived and what do those number represent, any formula for deriving those numbers is also welcome.

Thanks

Hello Archon,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of such info! But I would really like to know too!

Hopefully someone will solve your question! 
Mar 18, 2017, 15:1203/18/17

ashishjoseph22 said:

Thanks

Good afternoon Jose: 

there are, as Xena remarked and AFAIK, no published "official" metrics nor formulae defining the underpinnings of these calculations, but if I may take off my mod-hat for a moment:

As a player, I suspect a strong correlation between experience points and offensive or defensive rankings. This becomes especially apparent when using an XP enhancer. An example:

The screenshot below shows a standard battle report of one of my recent raids:

1. XPs - experience points earned
  2. TPs - tournament points earned in an ongoing 2.2 PvP  tournament
  3. TPs - tournament points earned in an ongoing XP tournament
  4. Offense ranking points earned

What is interesting in the above example is the difference between XPs and TPs and how these relate to the ranking points. I had, at that time, a 50% XP enhancer active which explains why I scored higher in the XP than the PvP tourney, but note also that the ranking points are derived from the XP counter, not the PvP counter. Checking my "current" listing in the "Offense" ranking I find exactly these same values.

Therefore, my (tentative) conclusions are:

• Offense (and by extension Defense) rankings are derived from XPs.
  • The type of activity (raid, siege, ...) will determine if these XPs are added to offense or defense ranking.
  • All battle actions are added either to the offensive or defensive rankings score.

The last one is a bit dicey, but knowing that the above example is taken from one of my Emporia raids, I am assuming that all military actions (city raids, Emporia, Pans, capital city raids, sieges, ...) are added to offensive and defensive ranking (but not PP battles which contribute to the Position Rankings). In short: PvP counts, PvE does not.

Hope this helped a bit
P.