A question about all the different "federations" in Sparta

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 5, 2017, 19:0403/05/17

A question about all the different "federations" in Sparta

I've noticed that many large collations are members of federations:

FIC, HGB, IFS, HOB to name a few.

I haven't been able to find out much about these federations on the interent, talking to other players or searching forums

Who runs these fora, and who do you contact if you started a small collation and your interested in with one one of these large, many member collations?

Many coalitions seem to members of one federation or anther -but very few seem to know much about the overall strategy or goals of these federations...

Not sure who to ask or do some research....do ! talk with a hege/ambassabor of various smaller coas - or find the 'big mothership" that sets the strategic and tactical goals of all the small member coalitions

Thx for any help in my little dilemma would be appreciated.

T.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 6, 2017, 10:1703/06/17
Mar 6, 2017, 10:34(edited)

Trajan said:

I haven't been able to find out much about these federations on the interent, talking to other players or searching forums

Who runs these fora, and who do you contact if you started a small collation and your interested in with one one of these large, many member collations?

Many coalitions seem to members of one federation or anther -but very few seem to know much about the overall strategy or goals of these federations...

Not sure who to ask or do some research....do ! talk with a hege/ambassabor of various smaller coas - or find the 'big mothership" that sets the strategic and tactical goals of all the small member coalitions

T.

Good morning Trajan:

there are no procedures or protocols I'm afraid. Some of these coalition alliances may have websites or Facebook pages, but this is all managed outside the game by the players themselves. Often hegemons work their way up the ladder in some other coalition, thereby gaining insights into these alliances, and taking an informal approach by contacting officers of other coalitions, as you suggested above, might also bear fruit. Should you coalition leave a mark, perhaps you will even be contacted :-).

Sorry, not much help, I'm afraid.

Cheers
P.

EDIT - PS: There is a Coalitions category in this forum, and although it's intent is for coalitions to present (and brag about :-) themselves, it probably would not be beyond the scope of the category if a coalition, after introducing itself, expressed interest in joining an alliance (although I haven't seen this attempted before :-). 

Mar 6, 2017, 15:1103/06/17
11/17/16

Trajan said:

T.

Hello Archon,

Don't know how things are on Plarium server but I'll tell you my experience from Facebook server.

There are offensive and defensive alliances. Offensive alliances are usually consisted of coalitions who don't hold pans while defensive alliances are consisted of coalitions who hold many pans. So it actually depends what game style you and your coalition prefer. If you prefer being a defensive coalition then I would suggest joining a defensive alliance and vice versa. As Drag mentioned above all Alliances have a tag that describes who they are and the coals that belong to a certain alliance ought to have those tags on their city names.

If I were you I would find a single coal from each alliance (I would prefer a strong one) and I would message the hegemons of those alliances and ask them what are the requirements for a coalition to join their alliance, what are the goals of the alliance, the rules, how they would help in various occasions and practically ask them anything I want to know! I think that's the best way since you will gather information about the alliances that seem interesting to you and then you will make your decision as to which alliance you should join! 
Mar 7, 2017, 02:0303/07/17

Thx everyone for your replies.

Most informative!!

Good advice Xena.  Will try that out.

My coa is tiny (just 2) and really for weekend warriors (Like me). Looking for one or two big alliances that that get keep the bullies away :)

Just so we can have a bit of fun and not get raided all the time.

Mar 7, 2017, 02:4703/07/17

You're very welcome, Trajan.

visited your post in "Coalitions" as well as your home page: Senātus Populusque Rōmānus meets the Valkyrie; puts us squarely in the Teutoburg Forest, luckily your 10th legion didn't get caught in that muddle :-). Wish you the best of luck!

Cheers,
P.

Mar 7, 2017, 10:5603/07/17
11/17/16

Trajan said:

Thx everyone for your replies.

Most informative!!

Good advice Xena.  Will try that out.

My coa is tiny (just 2) and really for weekend warriors (Like me). Looking for one or two big alliances that that get keep the bullies away :)

Just so we can have a bit of fun and not get raided all the time.

You will get new players eventually that's a fact!

You could find someone to help you run the coal during the week. If players see that people are running the coalition and they are having fun they spead the words and new members will join.
You are very welcome Trajan. 

Hope you find the alliance that suits you best!