Raids, Sieges and general Warfare

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jan 23, 2017, 16:5801/23/17
11/19/15

Pray tell - what is all this 'ooo don't touch this - this is mine crap' that's been happening much lately. I've made a number of raids (not direct on peeps cities) but besieges and some bots and getting all kind of stupid reactions. This is a War Game in case anyone forgot. Sure if your own city is hit then go mad, jump up and down do what you want, but hitting besieged cities with raids is perfectly fine. I got and idiotic message saying 'hands off it's mine - I've had it for over a year'. Hells Bells who cares. Then there are special rules apparently regarding Bots - when I say special - I mean made up by some people to suit a static form of play. I say all of this within the confines of your Coalition's rules if you are in one. Come on folks don't get so jumpy. Come up with a strategy and execute it. Have less of this whining and moaning!   
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 23, 2017, 17:4301/23/17
Jan 23, 2017, 17:43(edited)
11/05/15

the ONLY city anyone owns is the one they can change the name of! 

I love it when people kick off over sieges, I make a note of them ready for easy PvP ;) 
Jan 24, 2017, 10:0101/24/17

morteeee said:

the ONLY city anyone owns is the one they can change the name of! 

I love it when people kick off over sieges, I make a note of them ready for easy PvP ;) 

Indeed, perfect pavlovian PvP targets :-)

@Rigs: as to rules - there are quite a few unwritten, common law rules regarding sieges of abandoned cities and bots, and although they do contribute to some sort of order and stability, it is here in Sparta, as in the real world, a question of Realpolitik: rules are what you are able to enforce, else push comes to shove :-).

Cheers Dio
Jan 27, 2017, 16:3301/27/17
11/05/15

my opinion is that sieges are not worth the effort of going to war for (unless its for easy PvP) 

hold them with one free hero unit - no loss to you if someone hits it 

empty them twice a day - maximise resource collection

clear and raid then resiege twice a week - empties them out of extra resource and also stops them being tempting for others to hit 

always scout a sieged city before raiding it - minimises surprise losses 

if lost just retake it with a hero unit :) 

Jan 27, 2017, 22:2001/27/17
Jan 27, 2017, 22:21(edited)
11/17/16

Couldn't agree more! Sieges are so not worth it! I don't even hold sieges it's just useless! For 2400 bronze or timber per day it's just not worth it! Too much drama over sieges and it's soooooooooo annoying! So many people think they own them. But the truth is that you own nothing but your own city! Nothing more nothing less! 

I hold a single siege when needed due to the besiege a city quest we get.. But that's just it! I do raid people's sieges everyday cause you can't stop someone from getting the resources that are in there! 

It goes without saying that those who attack my city over a siege automatically become targets! 

Since many put def in "their" sieges (mostly phalanx and cavalry units) if you decide to go blind (I don't recommend attacking without spying first!) the best units to attack them is light and heavy infantry..You do the maximum damage without losing so much yourself!
Personally I have done that a couple of times and the guy I had the issue with stopped besieging the dead cities! 

Jan 27, 2017, 23:5601/27/17
10/09/14

rigs said:

Pray tell - what is all this 'ooo don't touch this - this is mine crap' that's been happening much lately. I've made a number of raids (not direct on peeps cities) but besieges and some bots and getting all kind of stupid reactions. This is a War Game in case anyone forgot. Sure if your own city is hit then go mad, jump up and down do what you want, but hitting besieged cities with raids is perfectly fine. I got and idiotic message saying 'hands off it's mine - I've had it for over a year'. Hells Bells who cares. Then there are special rules apparently regarding Bots - when I say special - I mean made up by some people to suit a static form of play. I say all of this within the confines of your Coalition's rules if you are in one. Come on folks don't get so jumpy. Come up with a strategy and execute it. Have less of this whining and moaning!   

Hi Rigs,,. 

I  m totally agree with you... 

Thats a detachnent of my recruiting post... 

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/coalitions/32002_-guerilla-coalition-recruiting-new-members

GUERILLA OPEN ACCESS MANIFESTO

Owning Farms:

There is much confusion in the game about the term “Farm”... It is used a lot and is often misunderstood to mean a City you annex, or occupy and raid frequently to obtain Resources..The most frequently received “fan mail” is probably “Stop attacking my farms”... However, This is not Farmville!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!! We don’t farm here, we raid!!! We are profesional raiders,,,

Farms are, for the most part, abandoned Cities... That is, Cities where the original owner, no longer plays... You may annex or occupy them, but by doing so, you have no ownership of them. A City has only one owner, the original player... Sparta is a mercenary war game, and raiding dead cities is a big part of that... The most important I can say... If you are squatting in Farms, then you simply do not understand this part of the game...

Jan 28, 2017, 19:0801/28/17
11/17/16
Nicely said! 
Jan 28, 2017, 19:1301/28/17
01/10/16

I loved this thread-so much that I have sent it to a few people.

Please see the below responses from people I have attacked their sieges-not their cities mind you. Keep in mind most of these were bot farms...a few were protectorates (cities that have been abandoned) but a seiged city all the less-all with resources in the city:

1.) "Do not attack my sieges-they are mine and I own this part of the map"

2.) "I own this bot line-do not attack or I will wipe you and your coalition out forever"

and finally my all time favorite, you tell me if this player is a balanced "sane" person:

3.)"If you attack my sieges again, I will find you and kill your whole family"

Guess this person had one too many candy bars taken away from him/her at school

Just another day in Sparta.

Jan 28, 2017, 19:1701/28/17
01/10/16

Dorieas said:

rigs said:

Hi Rigs,,. 

I  m totally agree with you... 

Thats a detachnent of my recruiting post... 

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/coalitions/32002_-guerilla-coalition-recruiting-new-members

GUERILLA OPEN ACCESS MANIFESTO

Owning Farms:

There is much confusion in the game about the term “Farm”... It is used a lot and is often misunderstood to mean a City you annex, or occupy and raid frequently to obtain Resources..The most frequently received “fan mail” is probably “Stop attacking my farms”... However, This is not Farmville!!! THIS IS SPARTA!!! We don’t farm here, we raid!!! We are profesional raiders,,,

Farms are, for the most part, abandoned Cities... That is, Cities where the original owner, no longer plays... You may annex or occupy them, but by doing so, you have no ownership of them. A City has only one owner, the original player... Sparta is a mercenary war game, and raiding dead cities is a big part of that... The most important I can say... If you are squatting in Farms, then you simply do not understand this part of the game...

Well Written Brother! Well Written!

Jan 28, 2017, 21:1301/28/17
Jan 28, 2017, 21:18(edited)
11/17/16

Mick13000 said:

Please see the below responses from people I have attacked their sieges-not their cities mind you. Keep in mind most of these were bot farms...a few were protectorates (cities that have been abandoned) but a seiged city all the less-all with resources in the city:

2.) "I own this bot line-do not attack or I will wipe you and your coalition out forever"

and finally my all time favorite, you tell me if this player is a balanced "sane" person:

Wow some guys are way over their head i think! Those are not cool things to say to someone!

But as was said above sieges are just not worth it! 

I hope people will understand that! 
Jan 29, 2017, 07:1501/29/17
11/05/15
Mick13000 said:

I do hope you 1) block them 2) raid ALL their sieges and 3) have a long belly chuckle at how over the top they are being! ;) 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.