Tourney Reward Are Garbage

61 Reply
Tonaya
5 February, 2017, 1:43 PM UTC

i agree as well


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 2:21 PM UTC

Guys..I remember on start when there was no tournaments .. I started playing Stormfall 01.01.2013 and I can remember old days.. there were no tournaments, only reward were EXP points, so if you look that and this.. at least there are some rewards , not that big but at least they are here..

I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 4:04 PM UTC

Drag-Theseus said:


Guys..I remember on start when there was no tournaments .. I started playing Stormfall 01.01.2013 and I can remember old days.. there were no tournaments, only reward were EXP points, so if you look that and this.. at least there are some rewards , not that big but at least they are here..

Was before my time here. I do wonder how, without tournaments, you were able to collect sketches, or earn drachmas to buy sketches because, except for tourneys, the only way to acquire them is by buying yourself to the top with real money (I'm disregarding the odd drachma one might receive for achievements or allegiance lecels since they don't amount to much).

Cheers Dio
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Xena
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 4:25 PM UTC

Diomedes said:

Was before my time here. I do wonder how, without tournaments, you were able to collect sketches, or earn drachmas to buy sketches because, except for tourneys, the only way to acquire them is by buying yourself to the top with real money (I'm disregarding the odd drachma one might receive for achievements or allegiance lecels since they don't amount to much).

Cheers Dio

Well sketches were added much lately actually. They didn't exist from the beginning of the game..And in the beginning there were colonies not emporia. So if you had made a name for youself in your neighbourhood like many did you collected drachmas really easily. Holding a Drachma Vault with one jav and gaining 6, 12 or 20 drachmas per hour was really awesome! I loved colonies cause I made quite some drachmas with them! Not to mention the funerals on other peoples' armies!!! 

The truth is you get drachs much harder now but there are many coalition tournaments where you can win many drachmas if there is a team effort! And ofc the 2.2 PVP tournament which gives you 1.056 drachmas with 10K PVP points...It's really worth it!


Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 5:47 PM UTC

Xena: True, there are a few tournaments which, if one trains units extensively, offer sizable rewards (if one is in an active coalition), but, at least from my experience, these are few and far between, not only regarding the tourney schedule but also the time it takes to retrain lost troops.

What sometimes disagrees with me, are statements claiming that tourneys are optional in this game, rather like "nice-to-have" perks.

A player at the mid-70ies level (such as myself) has completed most if not all building upgrades up those levels requiring sketches, therefore he or she will need to play tournaments to secure sketches, or win drachmas to buy sketches, which again means playing tourneys. There is no alternative, the odd drachma one might pick up here and there through achievements and the like don't account for much.

Please do the math: on a good week I will train 2m to 2.5m of troop strength which I invest in 1 tourney on the weekend (or two smaller ones, depending on the offered rewards). Training units for two weeks and throwing them all at one large tournament every fortnight is an option but doesn't really change the math.

Around 2.5m troop strength (and I'm being generous here) invested weekly, will get you perhaps 200 to 300 drachmas (and perhaps a sketch or two if a Dev Race tourney is on). A building upgrade from level 20 to 21 will cost around 120 sketches, therefore it will take 4 weeks to earn sufficient drachmas to buy sketches at the 10:1 rate (and again, I'm being very generous since that rate only applies if one buys the 10.000 drachmas = 1.000 sketches package, which is a VERY long wait). But let us again err on the side of caution and say it takes not 4 but only 2 weeks to earn sufficient drachmas (or sketches) for one level 21 building upgrade.

With around 25 buildings needing upgrades (17 production, plus harbor, port acropolis, infirmary, and so on), that's around 50 weeks of tourneys for all upgrades from level 20 to 21. A year.

Obviously it makes sense to concentrate on production buildings (and upgrade unit training times in academy and amphitheatre in order to increase training and unit strengths), but those savings won't amount to more than the 50% I've already reduced previously, not nearly.

But now look at levels 22 to 25 of most buildings: sketch demands usually more or less double with each level, therefore if it took me 50 weeks to upgrade all building to level 21, it will take me 100 weeks for the level 22 upgrade, 200 weeks for level 23 … and so on.

We are now no longer measuring upgrade speeds in years but in decades!

I sure hope Plarium is committed to this game since it has generational aspects. Will you still be running and supporting this game in the year 2030 when I'll leave my login to my son? :-) You better!

PS: And we haven't even discussed the fact that high-level agreements also require sketches.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 5:54 PM UTC

PPS: Plarion where were you 1980 when I bought my first ZX80? Or my Commodore 32? Or the Atari ST 1040? Or the Amiga? Or even 1997 when I had to make do with Ultima Online? I would sorely have all my SWOE buildings up at level 25 or better!!

Cheers Dio :-)
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 8:02 PM UTC
Well yea..only reward was EXP.. and we were getting drachma as reard for getting new level
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 8:09 PM UTC
Btw, maybe there are not many GPs points but I see Sketches more often now
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
5 February, 2017, 8:41 PM UTC

Drag-Theseus said:


Btw, maybe there are not many GPs points but I see Sketches more often now

I'm not sure if sketch rewards are more common, difficult to say. When I do see them they are included in "Development Race" tournaments which are difficult to max out.  

Either one scores with agreements, but since many of these tourneys are only 1d or 2d duration, one needs to spend quite few boosts to complete long running agreements before the tourney ends; or one scores development points by completing building upgrades, and trouble with that is that it requires sketches. So scoring 50 or 60 sketches in a Dev tourney will cost 120 to 240 sketches for the building and probably 24h to 48h of boosts.

And with no more than one Dev tourney in 2 to 3 weeks, it'll take 6 weeks if not more to get the sketches for a single level 21 or 22 building upgrade. In any case, I find it discouraging contemplating reaching levels 23 and 24 for major buildings no sooner than 2018.


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
6 February, 2017, 10:14 AM UTC
Diomedes said:


I'm not sure if sketch rewards are more common, difficult to say. When I do see them they are included in "Development Race" tournaments which are difficult to max out.  

Either one scores with agreements, but since many of these tourneys are only 1d or 2d duration, one needs to spend quite few boosts to complete long running agreements before the tourney ends; or one scores development points by completing building upgrades, and trouble with that is that it requires sketches. So scoring 50 or 60 sketches in a Dev tourney will cost 120 to 240 sketches for the building and probably 24h to 48h of boosts.

And with no more than one Dev tourney in 2 to 3 weeks, it'll take 6 weeks if not more to get the sketches for a single level 21 or 22 building upgrade. In any case, I find it discouraging contemplating reaching levels 23 and 24 for major buildings no sooner than 2018.


Sketches give players certain advantages, so they should be hard to get :) On the other hand, you can also earn Drachmas and use they to buy Sketches. I guess that would help you to speed up your upgrades, right? :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
stephanie
7 February, 2017, 12:51 PM UTC
is not only about the tournament rewards, even for persian if we do high level up to 70 and up yet plarium is giving out peanuts even after accumulating couple millions of loses before hit on the final high level persian....talk so nice about whatever attractive payout but never turn real and the real thing is plarium is hoping we spend more cash to make them fat... no wonder now the players are getting lesser....stupid way to maintain a business.
stephanie
UTC +8:00
stephanie
7 February, 2017, 12:55 PM UTC
stop exploit on us to spend and spend....eventually rewards for us is only adding up numbers for plarium which is easy to do and why so misery in giving your supporter some happiness as in form of good returns to those who play on persian or tournament?
stephanie
UTC +8:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
7 February, 2017, 1:10 PM UTC

stephanie said:


is not only about the tournament rewards, even for persian if we do high level up to 70 and up yet plarium is giving out peanuts even after accumulating couple millions of loses before hit on the final high level persian....talk so nice about whatever attractive payout but never turn real and the real thing is plarium is hoping we spend more cash to make them fat... no wonder now the players are getting lesser....stupid way to maintain a business.

Hi, Stephanie! 

So you're more concerned about PPs? But let's take a closer look: 

You raid Positions, and receive some Units as a reward, right? Of course, if you're raiding them long enough, you probably get to the high levels that require more losses. But the reward is also bigger. 

For example, what's your highest PP level and the highest reward you received? :)

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
14 February, 2017, 11:57 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


stephanie said:


is not only about the tournament rewards, even for persian if we do high level up to 70 and up yet plarium is giving out peanuts even after accumulating couple millions of loses before hit on the final high level persian....talk so nice about whatever attractive payout but never turn real and the real thing is plarium is hoping we spend more cash to make them fat... no wonder now the players are getting lesser....stupid way to maintain a business.

Hi, Stephanie! 

So you're more concerned about PPs? But let's take a closer look: 

You raid Positions, and receive some Units as a reward, right? Of course, if you're raiding them long enough, you probably get to the high levels that require more losses. But the reward is also bigger. 

For example, what's your highest PP level and the highest reward you received? :)

Alyona,what is your highest pp lvl and highest payout?


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
15 February, 2017, 9:00 AM UTC

Tonaya said:

Alyona,what is your highest pp lvl and highest payout?


Tonaya

You know I'm not a player like you, right? :) 

P.S. Good to see you back, Tonaya.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
15 February, 2017, 11:33 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Tonaya said:

Alyona,what is your highest pp lvl and highest payout?


Tonaya

You know I'm not a player like you, right? :) 

P.S. Good to see you back, Tonaya.

no one is player like me,Tonaya is special :P

thnx,make me happy,tell who is better:Alyona or Tonaya ?

http://prntscr.com/e4ojyi


Tonaya 

UTC +0:00
Xena
Moderator
15 February, 2017, 3:19 PM UTC
Tonaya said:

no one is player like me,Tonaya is special :P

thnx,make me happy,tell who is better:Alyona or Tonaya ?

http://prntscr.com/e4ojyi


Tonaya 

Pretty nice reward you got there Tonaya! Hope you waste those troops wisely! 
Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
15 February, 2017, 4:19 PM UTC
Tonaya said:


no one is player like me,Tonaya is special :P

thnx,make me happy,tell who is better:Alyona or Tonaya ?

http://prntscr.com/e4ojyi


Tonaya 

Nice reward! Maybe you should share it in some BG-related thread to show your results to other players? :) Let's see if someone can beat your reward 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
16 February, 2017, 10:25 PM UTC

Xena said:


Tonaya said:


no one is player like me,Tonaya is special :P

thnx,make me happy,tell who is better:Alyona or Tonaya ?

http://prntscr.com/e4ojyi


Tonaya 

Pretty nice reward you got there Tonaya! Hope you waste those troops wisely! 

Xena,if you give me your coordinates,you can see them better 8)


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Tonaya
16 February, 2017, 10:26 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Tonaya said:



no one is player like me,Tonaya is special :P

thnx,make me happy,tell who is better:Alyona or Tonaya ?

http://prntscr.com/e4ojyi


Tonaya 

Nice reward! Maybe you should share it in some BG-related thread to show your results to other players? :) Let's see if someone can beat your reward 

simple: 500 000 drachmas  8)


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
1666741 users registered; 33978 topics; 253760 posts; our newest member:alachance_78