Tourney Reward Are Garbage

61 Reply
GLP
User
16 January, 2017, 7:37 PM UTC

PvP tournament rewards these days are FAR worse than they used to be. This is very disheartening and lowers the incentive for engaging in PvP greatly (I don't even bother now). Please return them to how they used to be. What do you have to lose?


- Thanks.
UTC +1:00
1
Bye
User
16 January, 2017, 9:01 PM UTC

The current Persian Positions tournament is certainly a disappointment: no drachma rewards, no GPs, no boosts, no sketches (obviously), one key, a few heavy infantry and a handful of resources. I fail to see the "epic" part. :-)


UTC +2:00
2
Community Manager
17 January, 2017, 10:16 AM UTC

Diomedes said:


The current Persian Positions tournament is certainly a disappointment: no drachma rewards, no GPs, no boosts, no sketches (obviously), one key, a few heavy infantry and a handful of resources. I fail to see the "epic" part. :-)


Epic label doesn't mean that the rewards are better than the ones in the ordinary Tournament. It means that you will need to earn more points to receive the prize. 

Also, we launch many different Tournaments daily. You always have an opportunity to choose the one you like the most. And don't forget that Tournaments award you for your everyday activity, they aren't the main reason to play the game.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
Bye
User
17 January, 2017, 10:43 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Diomedes said:


The current Persian Positions tournament is certainly a disappointment: no drachma rewards, no GPs, no boosts, no sketches (obviously), one key, a few heavy infantry and a handful of resources. I fail to see the "epic" part. :-)


Epic label doesn't mean that the rewards are better than the ones in the ordinary Tournament. It means that you will need to earn more points to receive the prize. 

Also, we launch many different Tournaments daily. You always have an opportunity to choose the one you like the most. And don't forget that Tournaments award you for your everyday activity, they aren't the main reason to play the game.

Thank you for your response. I was simply commenting on my impression that this tournament has particularly miserly rewards :-).  After a year in Sparta I am of course well aware that it is one tournament among many, that it is my choice which tournaments I select to play and that gameplay includes many other options and s not limited to tournaments. Nowhere did I dispute, or even address, any of this, but ...

... I stand by my story: This is a tournament with paltry rewards. :-)

Cheers Dio

UTC +2:00
1
GLP
User
17 January, 2017, 8:22 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Diomedes said:


The current Persian Positions tournament is certainly a disappointment: no drachma rewards, no GPs, no boosts, no sketches (obviously), one key, a few heavy infantry and a handful of resources. I fail to see the "epic" part. :-)


Epic label doesn't mean that the rewards are better than the ones in the ordinary Tournament. It means that you will need to earn more points to receive the prize. 

Also, we launch many different Tournaments daily. You always have an opportunity to choose the one you like the most. And don't forget that Tournaments award you for your everyday activity, they aren't the main reason to play the game.

Alyone, would you like to explain why PvP (and maybe other) tourney rewards were heavily reduced? As I stated: it is disheartening and reduces the incentive to engage in PvP battles. 

Your thoughts?

UTC +1:00
0
Community Manager
18 January, 2017, 11:00 AM UTC

We don't want our players to consider Tournaments as the only reason of your gameplay. As I said before, it's just an addition, a bonus, nothing more. 

We were giving some bigger rewards as an incentive, but they have always been a subject to change, and we never promised they'll remain the same.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
User
18 January, 2017, 12:16 PM UTC
PvP rewards have certainly been reduced.  You are milking the cow dry Plarium.  
TERMINATORS
UTC -5:00
4
User
18 January, 2017, 2:10 PM UTC

XP tourney....    


exactly what is needed...    



arcs.....   keep it coming
UTC +7:00
0
GLP
User
18 January, 2017, 9:51 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


We don't want our players to consider Tournaments as the only reason of your gameplay. As I said before, it's just an addition, a bonus, nothing more. 

We were giving some bigger rewards as an incentive, but they have always been a subject to change, and we never promised they'll remain the same.

Okay, but it seems short-sighted to me: to heavily reduce rewards so as to make engaging in PvP battles much more costly, and therefore much less attractive.; a move which 100% of your player base are guaranteed to find annoying/negative/stingy/mean/miserly/niggardly/close-fisted/penny-pinching/cheese-paring/penurious/Scrooge-like/ungenerous/etc...

UTC +1:00
4
Community Manager
19 January, 2017, 9:36 AM UTC
I understand your point, GLP, but as I said earlier, Tournaments are not your payment for playing the game :) They are just an addition.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
GLP
User
28 January, 2017, 9:08 AM UTC
Another really garbage weekend PvP tourney on currently. Well done.
UTC +1:00
1
Bye
User
29 January, 2017, 12:18 PM UTC
GLP said:

Another really garbage weekend PvP tourney on currently. Well done.
Agreed. Very disappointing.
UTC +2:00
1
User
2 February, 2017, 11:56 AM UTC

been there,try'd everything,nothing helps,nice word dont open iron door here


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
1
User
2 February, 2017, 12:57 PM UTC

Tonaya said:



been there,try'd everything,nothing helps,nice word dont open iron door here


Tonaya

Hi Tonaya!

Long time no see! Welcome back! 
Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
0
User
3 February, 2017, 12:48 AM UTC

Xena said:


Tonaya said:



been there,try'd everything,nothing helps,nice word dont open iron door here


Tonaya

Hi Tonaya!

Long time no see! Welcome back! 

you are funny Xena :)


Tonaya 
UTC +0:00
0
GLP
User
3 February, 2017, 9:42 PM UTC
"Big Game PvP Championship" starts tomorrow. Taking bets now that, just like the other multi-round tourneys, the rewards for the vast majority of players will be... garbage.
UTC +1:00
0
User
4 February, 2017, 1:37 PM UTC
Tonaya said:

you are funny Xena :)



Tonaya 
I know Tonaya so everyone tells me all the time! 
Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
0
User
4 February, 2017, 4:28 PM UTC
GLP said:

"Big Game PvP Championship" starts tomorrow. Taking bets now that, just like the other multi-round tourneys, the rewards for the vast majority of players will be... garbage.
Let's not make assumptions before we see. Pvp is always a good chance to destroy an enemy in my opinion though! 
Warrior Princess
UTC +2:00
0
User
5 February, 2017, 7:34 AM UTC

Nope... It's confirmed.  Total garbage.  Not ONE of the PvP brackets has GPS rewards.  As a matter of fact, GPS rewards have become almost non-existent in any tournament.  Any hope of progressing and acquiring the larger units is also non-existent.

Mods, please don't patronize me with the Company line.  We all know it's total BS.

A couple of years ago in other versions, the Big tournament would come up every couple of weeks and players looked forward to it and built accordingly to get the most from it which included equivalent Champion units and equivalent GPS.  Now we are inundated with a new useless tourney every couple of days.  Ever hear the term "burnout"?  That's what the fools at Plarium have done.

  Because of their greed in catering to the Coiners they have totally destroyed ALL versions of this game, i.e. Pirates, Soldiers, Stormfall, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

W
UTC +0:00
1
GLP
User
5 February, 2017, 10:55 AM UTC
Xena said:

GLP said:

"Big Game PvP Championship" starts tomorrow. Taking bets now that, just like the other multi-round tourneys, the rewards for the vast majority of players will be... garbage.
Let's not make assumptions before we see. Pvp is always a good chance to destroy an enemy in my opinion though! 
I was right, though. The rewards (compared to what is lost to earn the rewards) are garbage. Have a look...
UTC +1:00
1
2768316 users registered; 63565 topics; 334835 posts; our newest member:halo405