App for smartphone: why not?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 30, 2016, 15:2812/30/16
08/23/15

I really find it outrageous that the Plarium has not yet released a smartphone app of this game. In recent days, because of the holidays, I'm really doing somersaults to connect. Do you realize that loyalty spartan you can not grasp this, and that, moreover, it will reset if you do not make the daily log? Not to mention the resources and the amphitheater bonus ... all things for which it is essential to log in. Plarium perhaps think to encourage the desire to play of his players in this way or only through its promotions? But who would spend real money for a game not entirely usable? Other titles in the Plarium have an app: Vikings, Soldiers Inc., Throne, Stormfall ... Why Sparta War of Empires can not get one?

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 31, 2016, 20:5712/31/16
08/03/15

If it get's on an app theres a huge chance not to be able to continue with your currrent city..So you will have to make a new one on a new server :) But still it could be a good idea, though my self won't like it as the reason why I play sparta is because I can play it on a browser. I do not like it on facebook ;/ 

Though, Plarium is actually one of the top companies in mobile platform gaming as that's their 'niche' and I am pretty sure they might release one since almost all the other plarium games got one.e.g stormfall.
Jan 1, 2017, 15:1501/01/17
06/12/16

Diogene said:

I really find it outrageous that the Plarium has not yet released a smartphone app of this game. In recent days, because of the holidays, I'm really doing somersaults to connect. Do you realize that loyalty spartan you can not grasp this, and that, moreover, it will reset if you do not make the daily log? Not to mention the resources and the amphitheater bonus ... all things for which it is essential to log in. Plarium perhaps think to encourage the desire to play of his players in this way or only through its promotions? But who would spend real money for a game not entirely usable? Other titles in the Plarium have an app: Vikings, Soldiers Inc., Throne, Stormfall ... Why Sparta War of Empires can not get one?

There is a browser for smartphone, which through it you can access the game and do some basic things. His name is Puffin.

Jan 2, 2017, 14:3101/02/17
02/16/16
I actually like this game for not being mobile, this way less 'no lifers' play it.
Jan 2, 2017, 18:4501/02/17
08/23/15
misotisa said:

I actually like this game for not being mobile, this way less 'no lifers' play it.
Are you happy not to collect the Spartan Loyalty because you can not connect? Maybe when what happens just before the 90 days in which you can redeem 50 knights? GG man!
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jan 3, 2017, 10:5301/03/17
09/17/15
Hi, guys! Right now we're not planning to create a Mobile App for Sparta: War of Empires. However, we're actively working on new Mobile games, so follow our news and you won't miss anything new!
Jan 4, 2017, 16:1301/04/17
08/23/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, guys! Right now we're not planning to create a Mobile App for Sparta: War of Empires. However, we're actively working on new Mobile games, so follow our news and you won't miss anything new!

This means that it is encouraging! You are not thinking about an app for Sparta, but to create new games. Tell me: why would anyone continue to play these games, if the Plarium does not pay attention to its development of the mobile, nor the needs of its players? Your users will be happy to read this.

Jan 4, 2017, 16:3301/04/17

i also use puffin now but tbh its a shame sparta isnt more compatible to it..

it is however usefull for putting units in acrop and doing the daily login haha 

so i have to be honest irecommend puffin to those not likin the miss if daily logins 

Jan 4, 2017, 19:5601/04/17
03/10/15

Puffin is great for weekends out. only inconvenient only good to enter and do esencial as it uses lots of internet data, make sure you use on wifi if you plan to attack. 

i personally prefer they improve the game in browser before distracting into mobile apps....

deal things like lag, slow graphics, again massive lags etc etc :-)
Jan 5, 2017, 10:3501/05/17
09/17/15
Diogene said:

This means that it is encouraging! You are not thinking about an app for Sparta, but to create new games. Tell me: why would anyone continue to play these games, if the Plarium does not pay attention to its development of the mobile, nor the needs of its players? Your users will be happy to read this.

I'm not sure I understand you. We do develop the new Mobile games, and we do develop Sparta as well. Just check the vote thread about the new features added in year 2016. It's quite a long list :)
Jan 7, 2017, 11:1701/07/17
Jan 8, 2017, 10:57(edited)
08/23/15

What are we talking about? Yet the title of the thread is quite clear: App for smartphones. Just as it is clear what you said:

So why move the conversation on topics that I have proposed and that will be useful to your users? Plarium developments that its games is there for all to see. But these developments makes it accessible to its users? I do not think so. I'm talking about Sparta: War of Empires, no other games. What sense does it introduce the improvements that require a higher-log, then if this can not happen on the mobile? The case of the amphitheater is a perfect example. 

But I want give you another (thing that really happened):

- I had passed 80 consecutive days log in, and of course I had always withdrawn Spartan loyalty. One day I was unable to connect to pc: result? Loyalty was reset and I had to collect the prizes start, thus losing the opportunity to get the 50 riders of the day 90. 

Does it seem right? How then will you encourage the participation of your player in this way? And what do I think as a result of your words, or that Plarium is not thinking of developing Sparta on mobile? Which is more important to gain new users rather than keeping old ones?

Jan 10, 2017, 12:4701/10/17
Jan 10, 2017, 12:47(edited)
09/17/15

Diogene said:

- I had passed 80 consecutive days log in, and of course I had always withdrawn Spartan loyalty. One day I was unable to connect to pc: result? Loyalty was reset and I had to collect the prizes start, thus losing the opportunity to get the 50 riders of the day 90. 

We're planning to improve that part, but I'm not sure when exactly.

As for the Mobile App development, it's not that easy to create a Mobile game. We understand that there are many players who would like to play Sparta on Mobile, but our company is currently working on some other projects.
Jan 10, 2017, 13:5301/10/17
08/23/15

Diogene said:

We're planning to improve that part, but I'm not sure when exactly.

As for the Mobile App development, it's not that easy to create a Mobile game. We understand that there are many players who would like to play Sparta on Mobile, but our company is currently working on some other projects.

This is already a most satisfactory answer. I play in Sparta: War of Empires for almost two years; this means the game still has some longevity even without mobile support. But the fact remains that adjustments should be made, in order not to penalize those users, or for business, or for other drawbacks can not perform a daily log. Why, for example, does not suspend the Loyalty Spartan rather than reset it? If I after the day 80 I can not connect for 3 days, to my new login gather the reward of the day 81 (not the one of day 83). I do not think it takes a lot for this. Besides, if you succeed in resolving this aspect, many users would have an immediate need for an app to track mobile Sparta: War of Empires?

Jan 11, 2017, 10:3101/11/17
09/17/15
Diogene said:

Why, for example, does not suspend the Loyalty Spartan rather than reset it? If I after the day 80 I can not connect for 3 days, to my new login gather the reward of the day 81 (not the one of day 83). I do not think it takes a lot for this. 

That is a good suggestion, and our devs are currently considering it.