All Categories

Phylarch skill decrease time is broken and they still havent fixed it.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 5, 2016, 20:0511/05/16
03/17/15

The Phylarch Skills time decrease doesnt work, it will ripp you off.

I have mine at 50% if the skill takes 2 hours and I activate my Phylarch skills to decrease the time by 50% its show that it will take 1hour and 20 minutes. is this a new math that I dont know about. Every single skill decrease time for all of the items are WRONG. they dont give me 50% off the time for skill decrease time. I filed a support ticket two days ago and they havent replied, they will let the program ripp everyone off before they fix it.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 6, 2016, 11:1011/06/16
08/03/15

Hello Archon!

Please, submit a ticket  so our support team can help you out! Click me!
Nov 6, 2016, 14:0211/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 14:04(edited)
03/17/15
read my last line, i did. i asked other archons and theirs dont read correctly either, so its not just me, everyone is having a problem.
Nov 6, 2016, 21:3911/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 21:57(edited)

It is working fine.. The problem is how plarium works on them that makes it hard to understand..

So lets take your example.

2 hours to discover a skill. Now think about it not as time but as progress.

Like driving a car. If you have to drive a distance of 120 miles, and you move with 60 miles/hour you need 2 hours. If you move 50% faster=> 90 miles/hour you need 1h and 20 minutes. 1 hour for first 90 miles and another 20 minutes for the rest 30 miles.

(where i put miles you can also put minutes, just doing this to make it easier to understand)

Same example for agreements..

Now lets say you have a 15 hour agreement initial time (moving with 60 miles/hour, distance 900 miles)

The time you see that you need to get there already counts ephorate (up to 40%) and academy (up to 24%), as a result the time you see that is needed towards completion is already calculated with higher speed than 60 miles per hour. Lets say we have a 40% from ephorate and 10% from academy total 50%, so our speed is already 90 miles/hour and time to arrive to destination, the update time of the agreement, 10 hours.

Now, here is the tricky part, when you activate amphitheater bonus you move 20% faster. But not 20% faster from 90 miles you have already been moving but 20% faster from initial speed(60 miles/hour)... For the 3 hours of the bonus, you are moving 50%(ephorate+academy)+20%(amphitheater) faster resulting to new speed 102 miles/hour. Time to destination is reduced due to current speed (update agreement in less than 9 hours) and this is why you see the difference. When bonus ends you move again with 90 miles/hour and time goes up again(10 hours).

So in our example we would do 90*3=270 miles in 3 hours and with bonus we did 102*3=306 miles in 3 hours, so we gained 36 miles or minutes if you want..

Conclusion, what those boosts do is not changing the distance you have to cover, but making you move faster.. It would be more fair from plarium's side to apply those bonuses on top of the basic ones and along with them.

Hope i helped

Nov 8, 2016, 05:5011/08/16
Nov 8, 2016, 06:19(edited)
03/17/15

That doesnt make sense. it stated it will at  60 minutes to complete a task, if I use a tool to reduce that time by 50% the time it should take is 30 minute. Im not talking about things that are effected by other tools outside of the Phylarch amphitheater . Example Phylarch boost points at level 2 in the second section. It says it will take 16 hours. They have a tool I can use that says it will take 50% off of that skill if I use that tool, so I use it and it should now only take 8 hours, now I know that the tool only works for 3 hours, so when the tool runs out it will add back in the 50% so now it will take 10hours if I dont use that 50% off, if I use the 50% off then it will start back at 5 hours.  10 hours minus 50% now the phylarch only goes for 3 hours so when the Phylarch time runs out at 2 hours it will add back in the 50% to 4 hours, if I use the tool again it will take 50% off and state that it will take 2 hours. 

so 3 hour plus 3 hours plus the 2 hours total time it should take 8 hours 50% of 16 hours. It doesnt do that,  it say 16 hours to complete that level , if I take 50% off it says it will take 10hour and 30 minutes, thats not 50-%
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 8, 2016, 11:0911/08/16
09/17/15

JackTheRipper said:

That doesnt make sense. it stated it will at  60 minutes to complete a task, if I use a tool to reduce that time by 50% the time it should take is 30 minute. Im not talking about things that are effected by other tools outside of the Phylarch amphitheater . Example Phylarch boost points at level 2 in the second section. It says it will take 16 hours. They have a tool I can use that says it will take 50% off of that skill if I use that tool, so I use it and it should now only take 8 hours, now I know that the tool only works for 3 hours, so when the tool runs out it will add back in the 50% so now it will take 10hours if I dont use that 50% off, if I use the 50% off then it will start back at 5 hours.  10 hours minus 50% now the phylarch only goes for 3 hours so when the Phylarch time runs out at 2 hours it will add back in the 50% to 4 hours, if I use the tool again it will take 50% off and state that it will take 2 hours. 

so 3 hour plus 3 hours plus the 2 hours total time it should take 8 hours 50% of 16 hours. It doesnt do that,  it say 16 hours to complete that level , if I take 50% off it says it will take 10hour and 30 minutes, thats not 50-%

50% bonus is not for the time, but for the speed. It's different. We're not cutting the time, we're increasing the speed. Here is an example: 

Let's imagine 1 builder can build a house in 1 day (or 24 hours).

Earlier our Bonuses were cutting the construction time. Let's say the bonus is 50%. In that case 1 builder will build 1 house in 12 hours (50% less).

But a few months ago we have changed the way your bonuses are applied. Now they rise speed instead of cutting the time.

How does it work?

Let's imagine that our builder started working 50% faster.

It means that 1 builder will build 1,5 houses in 1 day (24 hours), or 1 house in 16 hours. Not 12 like it would be if the Bonus cut the building time for a house.

The same formula is behind all construction/training/etc. bonuses.

Nov 14, 2016, 22:3411/14/16
Nov 14, 2016, 22:50(edited)
03/17/15

thats a complete rip off, your increasing his work, by 50% ,MORE then your cutting the time in half. if a job thats one hour and I have a person that can do it 50% faster  than that other person,  then the time would only be 30 minutes, 

what your doing is taking the discount your giving adding that in and then discounting the whole thing by the discount.

your formula is flawed and is ripping people off, you cant take time and replace it with speed because its to your advantage, money is involved here and when your stealing from people its against the law.

if I go into a store and they have a 50% off sale and it cost $100 then I would only pay $50 what your doing is $100 plus $50 because that was the original price  so the discount 50% off and it would cost me, $75 with out telling me that the 50% off is from the original price, FIRST, in writting, POSTED

If this game was completely free, you can make up any stupid formula you want, but when your taking money from people you have to warn them that your rules are different than what is considered standard.

if I pay to get 50% off of a product I expect 50% off, not some formula you made up because it made you more money, I could care less if it didnt cost me money and some of us have given you money so that means you have to follow certain rules..

Do you warn people that you dont use time before they give you money, that you use speed in place of time which NO IN THIS UNIVERSE DOES THAT, unless you warn people, because your ripping people off so instead of giving you $100 im only going to give you $60 becuase I pay in speed.

if I sat down to play poker and paid for the chips to play and I started playing then you made up some rule you would have been obligated to tell me up front, so I could have decided that I dont want to play that way and not give you my money to play. 

your taking fluild ounce and replacing it with weight ounces and ripping people off

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.