Upgrade times

Upgrade times

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 13, 2016, 20:0510/13/16
02/10/16

Upgrade times

Why does Plarium think its ok to make people wait almost a week to upgrade just one building i.e farm? This is very inappropriate and a waste of time. Upgrade times need to be reviewed as soon as possible as it let's the game down. I still refuse to spend real money on a game. Make the game fairer for real players like me.
Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 14, 2016, 00:1110/14/16
08/30/14

The week long upgrade is so you will get impatient and spend the money to boost it. The game will never work for those that don't spend money.  All new features added since the introduction of the map boosts are geared towards players spending money on the game.  You may start to play for free but it stays that way for about ten minutes. 

Oct 14, 2016, 04:5510/14/16
Oct 15, 2016, 07:33(edited)

What they should do is allow people to exchange a free to get resource for drachmas. Several games do this and make a boatload of money this way. Eve Online for example lets players buy game credit that can be sold for in game resources. Star Trek Online and Never Winter also have in game free resources that can be exchanged for game money. Everyone wins. The devs get real money, the coiners provide the drachmas in exchange for other resources that free players provide.

But yes. Most of the timers are horrendous because the game is geared to forcing you to buy boosts. Sure the game has to make money but there is making money and being dicks about it. This is the latter, not the former way of doing so.

Edit: I showed the game to one of my students and we had fun learning some new vocabulary. (Gate, Tower) I showed him the upgrade times on my farms, which are in excess of 9 days each. His response was "NO!" Now take it with a grain of salt, but a 9 day waiting period is clearly too long an amount of time. My 7 year old student said so.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.