This topic is closed

Ghost Messages

25 Replies
rbrian
6 October, 2016, 8:45 PM UTC

Hi:

The counter which provides the number of unread messages is showing a non zero value but no unread messages are present.

I have cleared the cashe, restarted the browser and PC but does not clear.

Is this a known bug.  Did not see it in the present list.

Thanks

UTC +0:00
FastReD
6 October, 2016, 9:35 PM UTC

in this case please contact the support team http://support.plarium.com/ensparta/Tickets/Submit/Step1/52

Freyner Arango's " I like tattoos "
UTC -5:00
Greed oft o'er reaches itself
6 October, 2016, 10:25 PM UTC

There has been a few topics on this kind of issue since last server update...  

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/29611_game-freeze-after-the-inactive-period-

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/29570_message-lag

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/29988_galleys-sign-don-t-turn-off

http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/29884_message-outstanding

Yes plarium I know it has been an outstanding bug, but last server update has made it much worse, maybe something to do with new screensaver.  At the moment I have 3 unread messages symbol(when there actually is none unread).  Then I have 3 galley reports, when all have been seen, plus I have a missing galley report as one trade only gave delivered report not the received res report. The new screensaver freezes all timers until page refreshed - galleys, raids, returning units etc.  If the screensaver comes in view, then your city is attacked after that, you will not see report or even know about it until you have refreshed page!

Drag-Theseus
7 October, 2016, 7:08 AM UTC
Yup..we know aboutthis problem. our devs are trying to fix it
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
7 October, 2016, 9:27 AM UTC

Thank you for this report. Our developers are aware of this issue and they are currently working on it.

As soon as they prepare a fix, it will be released. Please be patient, it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
rbrian
11 October, 2016, 3:32 PM UTC
Thank you for the update :)
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
12 October, 2016, 10:01 AM UTC
rbrian said:

Thank you for the update :)

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
Prometheus
13 October, 2016, 10:41 AM UTC

Hello Archon!

This issue has been Adressed already and I hope it's gonna get fixed soon :)

UTC +4:00
rbrian
14 October, 2016, 1:09 AM UTC

The issue appears to have been corrected.  Thank you :)

Greed oft o'er reaches itself
14 October, 2016, 6:05 PM UTC

Temporarily corrected for a day.

My reports and messages were cleared, but now 4 ghost reports again today. Timers locked up also when away from screen.  Don't notice screensaver anymore.

I hardly care if you fix it or not now, this game will always be full of bugs and lag.  The important things top of your list are money spinning new features which are currently about as well received as a floating turd in a swimming pool.
rbrian
20 October, 2016, 1:07 PM UTC
Yup.  Looks like the issue has returned.  I have a "ghost" message in at least two of the Plarium games.
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
21 October, 2016, 10:59 AM UTC
rbrian said:

Yup.  Looks like the issue has returned.  I have a "ghost" message in at least two of the Plarium games.
We're working on a fix.
safire_61
24 October, 2016, 5:11 PM UTC

Apparently the ghost message bug is not a priority to you guys, this is getting ridiculous.

UTC +7:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
25 October, 2016, 11:27 AM UTC
safire_61 said:

Apparently the ghost message bug is not a priority to you guys, this is getting ridiculous.

It has a high priority, but it's a complicated issue and it requires more time to find a working fix.
Eleven11
25 October, 2016, 9:22 PM UTC
You have known about this issue for at least 25 days now, I'm not convinced.
UTC +5:00
DoubleEdgedSword
26 October, 2016, 3:50 PM UTC

its not getting fixed

no worrys, they never will

for all we know they are just sitting on their own island with pinacoladas
Sic Semper Tyrannis
kans
30 October, 2016, 8:04 PM UTC
I have the same issue for the last month now and still waiting for fix
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
1 November, 2016, 11:51 AM UTC
kans said:

I have the same issue for the last month now and still waiting for fix
And we're still working on it :)
Tobelia
2 November, 2016, 10:28 AM UTC
The odd thing about this is that the ghost messages seems to pile up. Last week I had 3, this weekend they were 6 and now I have 7... Where does it end one may wonder.
"Do not stir what should be left untouched" ---- Kracken, doom of the sea ----
UTC +1:00
FastReD
2 November, 2016, 6:21 PM UTC

this problem takes a long time, I think it's time to work it out, sometimes you have 10 messages and only 1 is the right message others are phantoms, please could solve this problem

Freyner Arango's " I like tattoos "
UTC -5:00
1665848 users registered; 33913 topics; 253260 posts; our newest member:buposhi1973