This topic is closed

game glitches

8 Replies
lsolway74
5 October, 2016, 9:05 PM UTC
There is a glitch in the game where, having read my messages and checked my reports, the windows that tell the number of messages/ reports i have will not disappear. i have clicked on the 'mark as read' button, re-read and deleted the messages individually but the window will not close. I have tried everything. Any ideas?
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
6 October, 2016, 8:33 AM UTC

Thank you for this report. Our developers are aware of this issue and they are currently working on it.

As soon as they prepare a fix, it will be released. Please be patient, it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
lsolway74
14 October, 2016, 5:45 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Thank you for this report. Our developers are aware of this issue and they are currently working on it.

As soon as they prepare a fix, it will be released. Please be patient, it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.

The glitch is back!
DoubleEdgedSword
14 October, 2016, 6:20 PM UTC

plarium 101: the game is glitchy and will always be as the devs and such have "no time or money" to develp a proper server/setup (almost pukes of the lies told in the last sentice, hint it are those between the "" that are the lies)

sorry salty me again, happens every so often 
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Lockdown51
15 October, 2016, 6:57 AM UTC

Confirmed. The glitch is back. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it! 

Edit: Let me put in a more constructive way. Having such a basic and glaring glitch doesn't make you look good. It's like having the check engine light on, on a car you are trying to sell. It detracts points from your product.
UTC +7:00
Drag-Theseus
15 October, 2016, 4:50 PM UTC
ersonally..I dont have bug anymore..works fine for me.. anyone else stillhaving ghost messages or reports?
I'm just Time Lord....
lsolway74
17 October, 2016, 8:48 AM UTC
Why does it take so long to fix this bug? you fixed it once so obviously know what's causing it!
morteeee
17 October, 2016, 9:01 AM UTC

the problem is that often, fixing one thing can accidentally break another one, they will have to find out exactly whats causing it and ensure that fixing it doesnt break anything else! 

It also, whilst annoying, doesnt actually affect the functionality of the game fundamentally so it gets moved behind fixing those things that DO affect the game in a serious way 
History is written by the victors
UTC +1:00
Lockdown51
18 October, 2016, 1:36 PM UTC

morteeee said:

the problem is that often, fixing one thing can accidentally break another one, they will have to find out exactly whats causing it and ensure that fixing it doesnt break anything else! 

It also, whilst annoying, doesnt actually affect the functionality of the game fundamentally so it gets moved behind fixing those things that DO affect the game in a serious way 

Tanslation: We're not actually going to fix it. We'll say we will but we won't.

I've seen this before and will see it again. There are bugs in games that get left in for years because they don't affect game functionality directly.

Example, there was a bug in STO that let you get outside of the starting Space Station. It wasn't ever fixed until the 3rd iteration of the station. And technically they never fixed it. They just replaced the entire damned station.
1720162 users registered; 42298 topics; 270487 posts; our newest member:Commander #2680131