All Categories

Unit Training is too damned slow

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Oct 4, 2016, 04:4610/04/16

I've been playing for just over 2 weeks now. Unit training times are so slow (yes even with the academy boosts, which are pretty pathetic. I mean really, 0.2% per upgrade? Even maxed out you shave only a few seconds off at best.) that I have units queued up for 19 days. DAYS. Almost 3 weeks. I guess I should wait for 3 weeks I guess. I'm not even a competent or hardcore player. I can only imagine how many weeks, months, or perhaps even years of units that are back logged.

Seriously though, slash the unit training times. See you in 3 weeks.
Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 4, 2016, 11:2210/04/16
Oct 4, 2016, 11:22(edited)
09/17/15

It's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.

Even if we cut training time by 50%, you will still need 1 month to rebuild. Which is still too long. It's not 1 day as most of you would like to. And players would still be dissatisfied.

Moreover, if you build faster, it means that your rivals also build faster. So you can't take over and get an advantage of it - all players will rebuild as fast as you, and you will need to build more and more Units to compete with them. Which results in more time.

If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Drachmas are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Drachmas for it, right?

And it would allow some players to buy even more Units than they can buy now.

What does this mean for you? Even longer to build to compete with them. It's called inflation. Your Units will cost less in a fight. If you need 1 mil. now, you will need 2 mil after changes. Which still results in the same building time.

As you can see, it's not our devs who don't want you to build Units faster. It's about keeping our game balance which is not so easy as it seems to be.

Some games have a different dynamics which includes 1-2 hour rebuild of a full army. But our game is using a different approach. You need to invest your time and spend Resources to build a large army. Sometimes it takes several months of building for a single epic strike. And such strikes are more epic and more exciting than everyday 10k hits.

Oct 5, 2016, 22:5110/05/16
02/10/16
That is not the only issue. As you upgrade buildings they can take up to a week to upgrade. It takes 6 days+ at the moment to upgrade just one granary. No good when you have several other buildings needing upgrading that you can't do anything about.I am stuck in limbo land at present unless i want to spend 1500 drachmas purchasing an artisan so that i can upgrade two buildings at a time. This game is weighted towards pay to play players.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 6, 2016, 08:3310/06/16
09/17/15

lsolway74 said:

That is not the only issue. As you upgrade buildings they can take up to a week to upgrade. It takes 6 days+ at the moment to upgrade just one granary. No good when you have several other buildings needing upgrading that you can't do anything about.I am stuck in limbo land at present unless i want to spend 1500 drachmas purchasing an artisan so that i can upgrade two buildings at a time. This game is weighted towards pay to play players.

But there's no need to rush, right? It's like in real life - it takes months or even years to learn how to walk and how to talk. It takes years to learn at school, then years to learn at college/university. Then years of work to buy a house, etc. There's no way to get everything in a few days. 

Same here - developing your City requires time. Building an army also does. 

Oct 7, 2016, 01:3710/07/16
01/27/15

I've complained about this one numerous times. I don't mind my enemies building as fast as I would. Gives us more time to have fun attacking each other,

Build times are way way too slow for the pace the game progressed to.  My only concern is that any improvement to that system will cost drachma. 

Oct 7, 2016, 10:0410/07/16
09/19/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

lsolway74 said:

But there's no need to rush, right? It's like in real life - it takes months or even years to learn how to walk and how to talk. It takes years to learn at school, then years to learn at college/university. Then years of work to buy a house, etc. There's no way to get everything in a few days. 

Same here - developing your City requires time. Building an army also does. 

you could also replace "Time" with "Money" 
Oct 7, 2016, 23:2710/07/16
11/26/14
That is why this game has so many dead cities...It takes so long to build an army just to lose it in one attack, that many just move on to another game. Even a small decrease in training times wouldn't hurt any game balance as they claim...Its all about money and ways to get you to part from your money..
Oct 9, 2016, 14:4910/09/16

Okay, it's been 5 days. I'm running a grain deficit on purpose and still my training queue is at 23 days long. Recall if you will, that in my OP 5 days ago I was 19 days backlogged. Now it is 23 days. And I'm training swords and javs, the units with the shortest training times. Gods, I hate to think what the training times are on other units. If you aren't going to dramatically, and I do mean dramatically, change the unit training speed, at least allow people to build multiple buildings that let you train units.

Yes it uses up building slots but there are a lot of slots in a city. Then people have to weigh the decision of what buildings they build. Then cities can be a bit unique and less cookie cutter as they will all end up being.
Oct 10, 2016, 06:3610/10/16
08/27/14

i agree,

when the game begon the time was apropriate as it was rare to have over a few million in offence and deffence

but the game has seen some serious develpment over the last 2 years (that is the time i have been active in this game) and to have like 20-30 miilion troops is not that rare anymore, the strongest players even have arround 200-300 million of each kind of troops (those are rare as you need to have a good income in real life to coin to get this but i'm not here to judge)

but the point is that haveing bigger armys has become normal, even needed to progress so it would be normal if the trainning time would be reduced to be able to rebuild without having to pull out the credit card all the time.

and alyona, please don't say the time is there to  represent real life build times becouse feeding soldiers drachmas to train them faster isn't a thing in real life, it would only give them problems with their digestion, not make them train in 2 seconds, so "reprsenting the real world" has been overboard since the beging so no need to use that as an excuse

regards DES
Oct 19, 2016, 01:4710/19/16
10/20/15

Lockdown51 said:

I've been playing for just over 2 weeks now. Unit training times are so slow (yes even with the academy boosts, which are pretty pathetic. I mean really, 0.2% per upgrade? Even maxed out you shave only a few seconds off at best.) that I have units queued up for 19 days. DAYS. Almost 3 weeks. I guess I should wait for 3 weeks I guess. I'm not even a competent or hardcore player. I can only imagine how many weeks, months, or perhaps even years of units that are back logged.

Seriously though, slash the unit training times. See you in 3 weeks.

If you manage to get 3 weeks building time after having played for 2 weeks only, you're damn too good for the game.

Just quit man, it's no use for you.
Oct 23, 2016, 03:3110/23/16
08/21/14

It's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.

Even if we cut training time by 50%, you will still need 1 month to rebuild. Which is still too long. It's not 1 day as most of you would like to. And players would still be dissatisfied.

Moreover, if you build faster, it means that your rivals also build faster. So you can't take over and get an advantage of it - all players will rebuild as fast as you, and you will need to build more and more Units to compete with them. Which results in more time.

If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Drachmas are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Drachmas for it, right?

What does this mean for you? Even longer to build to compete with them. It's called inflation. Your Units will cost less in a fight. If you need 1 mil. now, you will need 2 mil after changes. Which still results in the same building time.

As you can see, it's not our devs who don't want you to build Units faster. It's about keeping our game balance which is not so easy as it seems to be.

Some games have a different dynamics which includes 1-2 hour rebuild of a full army. But our game is using a different approach. You need to invest your time and spend Resources to build a large army. Sometimes it takes several months of building for a single epic strike. And such strikes are more epic and more exciting than everyday 10k hits.

i just saw ,Alyona you answered to me and to this player with same words o.O          

Tonaya

Oct 23, 2016, 03:3610/23/16
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

speed up building troops time at least for double or 10 times faster,or we all gonna die until we build enough troops to play PPs after payout!

As I said somewhere on this forum, it's very complicated. Let's imagine a situation: You've lost all Units and now you need 2 months to rebuild to compete with others.

If we drastically change building time, it would be fair to change the price of Units as Sapphires are mostly designed to save your time. So if you need to spend twice less time, it would be fair to spend less Sapphires for it, right?

Feel free to debate, maybe you will find some points that I could use to convince our devs.

hmmmm ^^

Oct 23, 2016, 03:3910/23/16
08/21/14

Alyona you've answered to me 2 times with same answer ^^

lets not imagine nothing,just cut training time for 50% and make us happy :) you ask what mean to me is it 2 months or 1 month....it means a lot,1 month exactly :)

it is very simply,just change time needed to build each troop for half,50%...not to make us all stabbing some fat dude and wasting our time^^

here:

http://prntscr.com/ctg2sl

just change time from 1hour 40 min 53 sec to 50 min :) it is not so hard to be nice,but you need to try and see ^^

Tonaya know to copy/paste as well ^^
Oct 23, 2016, 03:4010/23/16
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Alyona you've answered to me 2 times with same answer ^^

lets not imagine nothing,just cut training time for 50% and make us happy :) you ask what mean to me is it 2 months or 1 month....it means a lot,1 month exactly :)

it is very simply,just change time needed to build each troop for half,50%...not to make us all stabbing some fat dude and wasting our time^^

here:

http://prntscr.com/ctg2sl

just change time from 1hour 40 min 53 sec to 50 min :) it is not so hard to be nice,but you need to try and see ^^

Tonaya

Right now our devs say no. I've explained you the reason. And actually I see nothing wrong in giving the same information in two places where the request is just the same. There is an official position of a company on some things and it's not changing from thread to thread. 

8)

Oct 23, 2016, 03:4210/23/16
08/21/14

this is like talking to the wall....you can say anything you want...but nothing changes >:(

can you explain to us,what is game balance? or maybe its plarium's secret too?

(persistent) Tonaya ^^

Oct 23, 2016, 04:1010/23/16

Game Balance is usually Dev speak for "We made it this way and we're sticking to it because reasons. And we won't tell you those reasons because they are pretty shaky in reasoning to begin with."

Granted massive changes to a core mechanic like training time might have big ramifications. Like faster game play which translate to more raiding. Or at least a request for more raiding attempts. Because if people train faster they will need more resources to recoup loses and to keep those training queues constantly running. 

Well, okay, but also consider this: With more troops comes more raiding. But it also means you have to be more selective and strategic in your raiding. Spying will be even more important. People will want to prioritize leveling up their Acropolis, even to the premium levels (21-24). This means people have to spend on Upgrade Sketches. People will want to revive more since their raids are going to be against bigger producers which means high level players. This could potentially give breathing room to lower level folks because high level people won't raid them as much since higher level players would get a lower return on investment raiding lower producers.

Lastly, Forum Lady probably copy and pastes a lot of her responses. I'm sure she has a massive document somewhere with a lot of the FAQ's that she can copy pasta to/from. Wouldn't you if you had to deal with untold thousands of people asking the same things over and over again?

Oct 29, 2016, 04:0010/29/16
08/19/14
alyona you only said bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.............. and more bla, bla, bla, bla
Oct 30, 2016, 15:0810/30/16
01/27/15
Even with level 10 in the amphitheater and maxed scrolls at 50, the agema build time is absolutely 100000000000000% obsurd. 
Oct 30, 2016, 20:1210/30/16
03/29/15
RIX said:

Even with level 10 in the amphitheater and maxed scrolls at 50, the agema build time is absolutely 100000000000000% obsurd. 
Things upgraded in this game don't do as much as you'd expect. I had an agreement chugging away at  just over 12 hours, activating phylarshyte with signing speed 16% boost only lopped approx 30 mins off the time.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.