All Categories

persians leads to permanent loss of great scale...

persians leads to permanent loss of great scale...

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 5, 2016, 07:4010/05/16
09/17/15
Mercenary, it's not that bad :)
Oct 5, 2016, 14:1210/05/16
09/14/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Mercenary, it's not that bad :)

oh but it is..every time you change it and make it less profitable, you put another barrier in the way of newer players.

older players at least had a chance to gather a big army, newer players are stuck having to pay...of course thats what you want, isnt it?
Oct 6, 2016, 08:4810/06/16
09/17/15
Hellion6 said:

oh but it is..every time you change it and make it less profitable, you put another barrier in the way of newer players.

older players at least had a chance to gather a big army, newer players are stuck having to pay...of course thats what you want, isnt it?
Hellion, I've already asked our devs if we can improve the PPs, and they said they need to check their analytics data first.
Oct 6, 2016, 13:0410/06/16
09/14/15
By saying they have to check their analytics it means to me they have no idea what will happen when they implement a change. Only afterwards when they gather data, and only because we complain, do they even get a clue. So stop experimenting, and better yet, devs should submit changes for player approval before they do it :)....come on, we can help
Oct 7, 2016, 09:2710/07/16
09/17/15
Hellion6 said:

By saying they have to check their analytics it means to me they have no idea what will happen when they implement a change. Only afterwards when they gather data, and only because we complain, do they even get a clue. So stop experimenting, and better yet, devs should submit changes for player approval before they do it :)....come on, we can help
Some data cannot be predicted in advance. The actual analysis is only possible after the feature implementation.
Oct 8, 2016, 09:3610/08/16
08/20/15

Well, having just spent several hours and losing many thousands of units and millions in def value ... PP's has finally given me that last push and I know it's time for me to quit the game.

I've hovered over the 'delete account' button several times in recent weeks. The only thing that has stopped me has been the real $$ that I spent in the past - although I stopped spending a month or two back when my 'special' offers became less and less special compared to those who are playing at lower levels. Why does Plarium do that ? Anyway,I have been reluctant to quit as I did not want to waste my investment from months gone by. But you know - that's rather like someone with a gambling compulsion that keeps rolling the dice convinced that their luck will change.

I've mostly enjoyed my time playing here and I'm not going to kid myself - it matters not one jot that I leave. There will always be new players and some will happily spend to buy 'results'. I've always believed everything in life is about balance ... but, in my view, the balance is now skewed beyond any sensible level in this game.

Oct 8, 2016, 11:3910/08/16
01/27/15
Tel said:

Well, having just spent several hours and losing many thousands of units and millions in def value ... PP's has finally given me that last push and I know it's time for me to quit the game.

I've hovered over the 'delete account' button several times in recent weeks. The only thing that has stopped me has been the real $$ that I spent in the past - although I stopped spending a month or two back when my 'special' offers became less and less special compared to those who are playing at lower levels. Why does Plarium do that ? Anyway,I have been reluctant to quit as I did not want to waste my investment from months gone by. But you know - that's rather like someone with a gambling compulsion that keeps rolling the dice convinced that their luck will change.

I've mostly enjoyed my time playing here and I'm not going to kid myself - it matters not one jot that I leave. There will always be new players and some will happily spend to buy 'results'. I've always believed everything in life is about balance ... but, in my view, the balance is now skewed beyond any sensible level in this game.

Sorry to hear you are leaving.
Oct 8, 2016, 11:4410/08/16
01/27/15

Here is my latest results:

- My last payout was slightly over 9,000 MP's

-Paid the bank back with interest

-Test hit on a level 33 yielded 72 Agema so I knew the bank was ready

- HIt a level 88 offensive position and got a lousy 2012 Mac's and 12,000 bronze <----- totally a partial!!!

-Hit a level 38 to see if I was still owed anything, got 33 swords

Again my account is NOT getting full payouts, and I am not getting both offense & defense on my payouts. I lost big time on this last payout.

Oct 10, 2016, 22:3410/10/16
02/13/16

I think the equipment for generals is effecting payouts greatly. I am severely in the negative after working over positions for months now. 

What I see happening is the items I sometimes get are good but they take a huge chuck of the payout away.

Getting new equipment wouldn't bother me but many times I am given duplicates of nicer items that I simply can not use.

I wish there was a way to trade these items be it at an in game store or with other players. 

Even allowing players to trade these items for drach would be great. ( you would just have to limit how much drach can be spent on different valued items to avoid players being able to use it as an easy way to channel drach from one account to another.) Maybe not even allow item for item or item for drach trading until level 50 by making them build a building to do so. 
Oct 16, 2016, 19:1110/16/16
01/27/15

I saw on Facebook that Plarium posted a picture and captions that said xerxes was considering closing Persian positions down because players are not happy with them.  "Hit like if you want to see them stay"

I can assure you that if player's felt like the were getting a return on investment (ROI) like Plarium does with their games,  people wouldn't be angry.  I know I have suggested that there be a repayment meter to show your repayment for the next payout but was told that would give away trade secrets which means they are rigged to be a losing proposition and we all know what happens when someone discovers the algorithm, Plarium changes the positions again. 

1) The general equipment should not contribute to the loan

2) If having an indicator bar would compromise a trade secret then you will always have players complaining about positions

3) If you remove Persians then I am certain many would quit like myself.  (that's not a threat just fact)  There is nothing even remotely interesting about the game anymore other than Persians.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:2310/17/16
09/17/15

Rix,

1) Only Units have Bonus, Items don't. 

2) We can't implement an indicator. That's the official position of a company. PPs were designed to be explored by players.

3) We don't plan to remove Persians.
Oct 26, 2016, 16:0610/26/16
08/25/16

i think the persian positions system is seriously flawed.

As a relatively new player,  i started gathering my own statistics and none of the guides that i read could come even close to what is acutally happening. here is my findings...

I got a payout of 20 sarassiphoros, 3 thuros and 16k grain at lvl 16, so roughly 16k plus the resources which i don't know how to calculate.

then i hit a couple of new positions ranging from 12 to 16 again. i did take care not to go higher.

My Investment was 69k! in troops - i mixed some positions in that i intentionally did not clear.

my next payout was 22 pomachos again at lvl 16 or 17, which makes roughly 22.5k if i got the math right.

So i had to invest 3 times worth what i got out of Xerxes. is this the "minor" penalty for exchanging troops?

now i am currently in my 3rd run and have already invested 60k without getting anything back, except a few partials like 1 Thora here, 13 hoplites there.

Can anyone see what i am obviously doing wrong?

If not, i will have to stop playing positions. And since nothing else is even remotely interesting, I probably will quit again.

I mean, without decent payouts, i will never be able to catch up with the big guys that have hundreds of millions of force without having to spend major amounts of cash - which i won't do.

Oct 27, 2016, 02:1410/27/16
08/21/14

1.Alyona is not experienced player at all,and she is even less experienced PP player ( i think she dont know what is she saying about PP )

2.Nikita meteor,said on officially plarium's post to all players to play PP from 1 hit,because plarium figure it out that 1 bar system is cheating,but plarium never explained to us all,not who,then how "cheaters" did cheat,so we all should believe to them,because they have some titles with plarium prefix

3.playing PP from 1 hit is pure SUICIDE! i'm not talking about low lvl positions where its easy to finish them with weak army

4.plarium profit if we all loose troops,and that is why building troops is so long,other option is to buy drachmas and simply revive troops,and cost for revive is abnormally high

5.moderators,and others from plarium,if you dont know PP system,as you all said its plariums top secret and only few high lvl workers from plarium knows about PP system,then DONT TELL OTHER PLAYERS HOW TO PLAY PP BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW EITHER!

if i am wrong,please,Alyona and Nikita post your screenshots so we all can see how you play and to see your payouts

ps i think high lvl plarium workers have unlimited drachma supply( I AM NOT TALKING FOR MODERATORS,they get "only"2000-3000 free drachma's per week for helping players,but they dont help,they help only for loosing troops.

6.BRING HERE SOMEONE FROM PLARIUM WHO KNOW PP SYSTEM , MAYBE HE CAN HELP,YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

7.IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP US,JUST TELL US HOW MUCH IS INTEREST NOW,NOTHING MORE,IS IT 12,15,17,20..... % ?

i remember,one of 3,4 plariums changes of PP system,no matter what troops we send on PP,30% came back alive,no matter did we finish position or failed to finish it.you could make new building,INFIRMARY ONLY FOR PERSIAN POSITIONS,so players can revive for free 30% after each attack on PP,it is basically same thing what you did with that change,but this way we could track our bank if we could revive separately.

this is one of my ideas,i will post this on suggestions tomorrow ,cant type anymore now,tired.

Alyona,please,read this post and answer to me when you can,not about your PP skills,then all this under that ^^

thank you,Tonaya 
Oct 27, 2016, 02:3610/27/16
08/21/14

s2 said:

i think the persian positions system is seriously flawed.

As a relatively new player,  i started gathering my own statistics and none of the guides that i read could come even close to what is acutally happening. here is my findings...

I got a payout of 20 sarassiphoros, 3 thuros and 16k grain at lvl 16, so roughly 16k plus the resources which i don't know how to calculate.

then i hit a couple of new positions ranging from 12 to 16 again. i did take care not to go higher.

My Investment was 69k! in troops - i mixed some positions in that i intentionally did not clear.

my next payout was 22 pomachos again at lvl 16 or 17, which makes roughly 22.5k if i got the math right.

So i had to invest 3 times worth what i got out of Xerxes. is this the "minor" penalty for exchanging troops?

now i am currently in my 3rd run and have already invested 60k without getting anything back, except a few partials like 1 Thora here, 13 hoplites there.

Can anyone see what i am obviously doing wrong?

If not, i will have to stop playing positions. And since nothing else is even remotely interesting, I probably will quit again.

I mean, without decent payouts, i will never be able to catch up with the big guys that have hundreds of millions of force without having to spend major amounts of cash - which i won't do.

everything in PP is calculated thru resourses,all troops from payout calculate in resourses,how much they cost in res to build them.it is simply IN and OUT+ plarium's interest(i dont know how much and they wont tell us because it is top secret :P  )

download persian calculator from fb group ,here is link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/spartatroopcalculator/

read info there and dont listen to "moderators"they dont know anything

Oct 27, 2016, 03:4110/27/16
10/20/15
Just to answer quickly to what Hundigo said about Thatbloke saying he used heroes only for positions, he didn't : we use heroes for missions only, since the reward does not change, the number of missions is limited and heroes are free...
Oct 30, 2016, 22:3910/30/16

BRAT said:

It seems that the "great secret" of the mechanism of action of PP is just clearly cheating. How else would you explain this:

http://prntscr.com/d0yi06

http://prntscr.com/d0yid9

http://prntscr.com/d0yj2b

http://prntscr.com/d0yjmn

http://prntscr.com/d0yk0g

http://prntscr.com/d0ykf9

http://prntscr.com/d0ykwm

http://prntscr.com/d0yldm

In short, the offensive position level 34 kills offensive troops with power 73286.2 !!

I'm curious what likely explanation is since we all know that the power of 34th position is about 45500.

This is why:

http://onlinefbgames.com/sparta/offenseps

Nov 3, 2016, 01:4111/03/16
Nov 3, 2016, 03:45(edited)
07/30/15

a simple question, is it useful to use extra temporary bonus of +20% when we do perse ?

for me it's not interesting because it's not taking account in bank of ressources (only troops died  in fight)  for reward, as upgrade of troops... it's so strange.... are you agree with this ?

Nov 3, 2016, 04:0411/03/16
07/26/15
persians have been tweaked again... i have lost my army, i should have got paid twice ..but now im dead.. hopefully the boycott has nothing to do with the tweak..
Nov 3, 2016, 04:5911/03/16
06/20/16

@fafabzh

add bonus +10 or 20 % it depends on your goals.

If you want to win xp to increase your level or for an experience tournament yes it helps because you're doing more position with the same amount of troops. so in this case yes it works.

if you want to have your bank faster avoid it because bank is linked to ressources you spent  / won. So goal is to reimburse ressources as fast as possible  with the lowest number of position possible so : avoid bonus, remove items from your general, if youcan remove elixirs.... because all those topics make your toops more powerfull so you're loosing less troops per position..... so less ressources... but it's just my opinion.

Good game
Nov 3, 2016, 09:0411/03/16
Nov 3, 2016, 11:48(edited)
07/30/15

Actually is it always a good choice to failure positiion for optimize reward ?

Thanks
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.