GAME HAS SLOWED TO A CRAWL - UNPLAYABLE

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jul 9, 2016, 04:5907/09/16
02/25/16

For last two days the game has become unplayable because of update speed issues... And yes I have cleared the browser cache numerous times, restarted the browser, restarted the computer... no improvement. Other web-based applications work at normal speeds but SWOE is unplayable.  The city overview screen takes 5-10 minutes to load.  Any sub-screens take several minutes to fill in EVERY time I open them.  Switching between map and city views takes 2-3 minutes.  Raid/siege/reinforcement time counters increment in 10-12 second steps like 49s-37s-26s-13s-4s-Done.  I have stopped playing waiting for it to fix itself but after 48 hours I don't see it getting better.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 9, 2016, 05:2807/09/16
07/12/15
Something similar happened to me some time ago, I just logged out- logged back in and all was normal again.
Jul 9, 2016, 06:3407/09/16
08/03/15

Which browser are you using guys? Maybe the latest flash changes occured those 'lags'?

Could you try and use the browser ' Maxthon' and tell me if you face any problems? Using that browser I stop having any issues...
Jul 9, 2016, 06:5007/09/16
07/12/15
Hackerista said:

Which browser are you using guys? Maybe the latest flash changes occured those 'lags'?

Could you try and use the browser ' Maxthon' and tell me if you face any problems? Using that browser I stop having any issues...
I use Chrome mainly but I play Sparta using Edge, never had any real problems.
Jul 9, 2016, 07:1007/09/16
08/03/15
Kakos said:

Hackerista said:

I use Chrome mainly but I play Sparta using Edge, never had any real problems.
I used to use Edge too but with Maxthon things are way smoothier! Moreover, you can download ccleaner and clean your cache etc which can slow down things. You can try that and let me know :) If you need any help, let me know guys. So far, the game doesn't look laggy to me it was my laptop that occured the slowdowns..:(
Jul 9, 2016, 09:0107/09/16
07/12/15

You know what they say.. "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Jul 9, 2016, 09:1807/09/16
08/03/15

Kakos said:

You know what they say.. "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

I also know, that for personal computer problems we do not blame other factors :) First we fix our computer then we blame :)

it's like I want to run a hardcore game on full graphics but I got 1mb ram and blame the game :)
Jul 9, 2016, 22:3407/09/16
03/22/16

The game is getting slower. I have cleared my cache, rebooted the computer and even reset my router. It is getting slow enough changing screens it is almost impossible to push resources for raids starting 20 seconds before the raid.Most have failed to send before raid was completed. I don't know if this is a Plarium issue or an Adobe issue but it is getting frustrating. I use Firefox. I have no idea how to find maxthon nor do I wish to load a fourth browser.

Jul 10, 2016, 03:5407/10/16
02/25/16

I am also using Firefox/Edge/Chrome and I don't intend to load an additional browser for one game.  The more Browsers you use the more vulnerabilities you add to your computer.  Maxthon is not supported by major firewall providers... not a program I will invite to reside on my machine.

It does appear that major Browsers are blocking all but the newest version of Adobe Flash... Maybe it would be an idea for Plarium to provide a game that can run on typical Browsers that most people have on their computers? Flash is considered a very vulnerable plugin and two Browser supplier (Firefox and Chrome) have called for it to be completely dropped.  They block all versions other than 22.2.  What versions can the game run on?