How Much Is Too Much?

How Much Is Too Much?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 23, 2016, 07:2006/23/16
06/06/15

How Much Is Too Much?

When I first started this game it was fairly simple, minimal things to buy, very simple and it made the game fun. Now, after all this time we have an overdose of abilities and powers, secret things, upgrades and magical hooplaa stuff. There are literally pages of stuff to buy it's extremely overwhelming and I can imagine for the newcomer. My general question is this, I understand Plarium has to make money but do you think by consistently adding more and more it will (if it hasn't already) ruined the game? Sometimes I think they just sit around a table and come up with bizarre ideas that really isn't needed. I enjoyed the game once when it was simple. Sure a few adjustments could have been made to make the game more fair but IMO unless you are able to allow "non Coiners" to be able to compete eventually boredom will set in, I see it already. I've spent money on this game but I'll not be swayed into thinking that I have to keep up with those who have mass dollars to spend because the way it goes it'll never end. Not only that but all these insane things to buy that gives one player an advantage over another just takes what realism there was in the game and throws it out. I knew it going to happen when they started with stuff like "full city protection" like some magical bubble that if the opponent see's they aren't going to attempt an attack anyways. We now have three different ways to give our units bonuses...the euphorate, the capital and the general. Seriously?

Just my own opinion but I believe that there is just too much. Sometimes simple is much better.

And I will always continue to say that Assassins are the worst unit Plarium has ever come up with.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 23, 2016, 07:3006/23/16
08/03/15
We now have three different ways to give our units bonuses...the euphorate, the capital and the general. Seriously?

I believe the game is pretty much fair. You can get anything you wish without spending any real money if you wish. If you spend money you just take it faster. The more you play the faster you get things.  I like the fact that I get bonuses. Because coiners is getting those bonuses faster than me, I am not going to blame Plarium or them for spending their money. I just play the game wise and with patience. I will get there also. Just slower :)

Jun 23, 2016, 07:5806/23/16
Jul 2, 2016, 07:42(edited)
11/30/15

Hackerista

How much do Plarium pay you to continuously sprout this nonsense?  You're just a marketing clone...
Jun 23, 2016, 08:0506/23/16
08/03/15
sdubfunk said:

Hackerista

How much do Plarium pay you to continuously sprout this nonsense?  You're just a marketing clone...
Something that is nonsense to you, doesn't mean it's nonsense to everybody. It's a free world and people are able to speak their mind in a polite and respectful manner. If you do not like what I say at least stay polite without being offensive . I am happy that people read my posts no matter their reactions though
Jun 23, 2016, 08:0606/23/16
Jun 23, 2016, 08:07(edited)
07/12/15
Hackerista for President!!
Jun 23, 2016, 15:0006/23/16
06/06/15
Hackerista said:

We now have three different ways to give our units bonuses...the euphorate, the capital and the general. Seriously?

I believe the game is pretty much fair. You can get anything you wish without spending any real money if you wish. If you spend money you just take it faster. The more you play the faster you get things.  I like the fact that I get bonuses. Because coiners is getting those bonuses faster than me, I am not going to blame Plarium or them for spending their money. I just play the game wise and with patience. I will get there also. Just slower :)

Get anything for free? Hmmm....you have to buy walls and it's a fact now that without level 5 walls your a sitting duck. People who "buy" level 5 walls can afford to be patient while those who don't have to sit and worry when the next attack is coming.
Jun 23, 2016, 15:0606/23/16
08/03/15

Drusilla said:

Hackerista said:

Get anything for free? Hmmm....you have to buy walls and it's a fact now that without level 5 walls your a sitting duck. People who "buy" level 5 walls can afford to be patient while those who don't have to sit and worry when the next attack is coming.

Archon, The game gives numerous choices of winning Drachmas. Let me give you 3 ways of what Am I doing to earn drachmas.

- Placing on top 10 (usually in raiding)

-Doing pvp tours or any tour at least to what I can afford.

-Have patience till I get a good sale and I do not waste my gold for reviving units.

I hope, I helped.
Jun 23, 2016, 18:3706/23/16
06/06/15

You just said he magic word.."sale".

So, exactly HOW many drachma have you been able to earn off one PVP per average? I'd like to know.

Jun 25, 2016, 05:1406/25/16

u should be able to have lvl 5 city walls and towers from free drachmas in 6-12months.

u pick small drachmas here and there it slowly adds up, and then wait for 70-80% towers discounts.

or faster way is first 3 spots in either raiding or sieging give decent drachmas weekly if u want to invest time. 5500 for first spot/week

if you want on other hand speed up process or buy champs or decorations, well better to buy drachmas.

yes game is playable as free player, u can build around 20mil combined offensive and defensive power in 1 year, but still is not match for multiple hundred-millions armies lots of people have.

Jun 25, 2016, 14:0906/25/16
Jun 26, 2016, 01:39(edited)
02/13/16

Hi, i'm also wondering if there are any of this game's own people playing against us , besides the international ordinary players ?

Jun 26, 2016, 20:2606/26/16
11/05/15
sdubfunk said:

Hackerista

keep it civil please 
Jun 26, 2016, 20:2806/26/16
11/05/15
Fishlipps2 said:

Hi, i'm also wondering if there are any of this game's own people playing against us , besides the international ordinary players ?

I can confirm that those staff members that I have on my facebook list (I only play on the facebook server) have VERY low level cities and I suspect that they only use them for testing etc and not for actual game play (I had one sieged for about a month and no attempts were made to break the siege teehee) 
Jul 2, 2016, 03:0007/02/16
Fishlipps2 said:

it is always possibility in this type of games, it wouldn't be first time this happened in this kind of games
Jul 2, 2016, 06:3207/02/16
11/01/15
Rob May said:

Fishlipps2 said:

it is always possibility in this type of games, it wouldn't be first time this happened in this kind of games
 You bet that Plarium employees play, I bet they don't have to pay to play either. It would be more like they are getting paid to play, it is apart of some employees jobs. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.