All Categories

Generals Boxes and Key Question

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 14, 2016, 08:5106/14/16

At one point I could have sworn that Alyona posted that keys would only drop for boxes you currently have in your inventory, but I can't seem to find it anymore (probably because I'm bad at searching). Can anyone either confirm this is the case or has anyone ever gotten a key for a box which they did not have?

I ask because I'm thinking, I only want to collect legendary items, so if it's true that you only get keys for boxes you have I should discard all the other boxes so that when I do get a key it will be for a legendary box.
Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 14, 2016, 09:4206/14/16
Jun 14, 2016, 09:43(edited)
09/17/15
TLS said:

At one point I could have sworn that Alyona posted that keys would only drop for boxes you currently have in your inventory, but I can't seem to find it anymore (probably because I'm bad at searching). Can anyone either confirm this is the case or has anyone ever gotten a key for a box which they did not have?

I ask because I'm thinking, I only want to collect legendary items, so if it's true that you only get keys for boxes you have I should discard all the other boxes so that when I do get a key it will be for a legendary box.
Correct. You will get Keys only for Coffers you already have. But it doesn't mean that you won't get any other Coffers and Keys. You will. So you can't cheat the system and get only Legendary keys. You'll still get either Coffers or Keys of a different rank.
Jun 14, 2016, 11:1006/14/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

TLS said:

Correct. You will get Keys only for Coffers you already have. But it doesn't mean that you won't get any other Coffers and Keys. You will. So you can't cheat the system and get only Legendary keys. You'll still get either Coffers or Keys of a different rank.

Ok, I think I'm understanding. Just so I'm sure I'm reading correctly:

If I am holding only legendary boxes when I start raiding, and I received a key, it would either be a key for a box I had (legendary) or an additional box and key together (which could be of any level)?

Jun 15, 2016, 01:0506/15/16
03/10/15

TLS said:

If I am holding only legendary boxes when I start raiding, and I received a key, it would either be a key for a box I had (legendary) or an additional box and key together (which could be of any level)?

Not True,  I have two Class II Uncommon Chests and two Class 1 Rare Chests and just received 2 Class I Uncommon keys

Jun 15, 2016, 08:3506/15/16
09/17/15
TLS said:

Why don't you discover it in the game? 
Jun 15, 2016, 14:0406/15/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

TLS said:

Why don't you discover it in the game? 

I restated the answer because it was contradictory. To my reading either "you will get keys only for the Coffers you already have" or " you'll still get either Coffers or Keys of a different rank". Those are mutually exclusive unless there is a matched key and box drop, as I proposed in the hypothetical, or you meant keys and coffers are linked in some other way (though I have trouble thinking of a good hypo in this case). I already have spreadsheets going, was just wondering if this particular mechanic could be clarified since it didn't seem like a secret.

HADES said:

TLS said:

Not True,  I have two Class II Uncommon Chests and two Class 1 Rare Chests and just received 2 Class I Uncommon keys

If this is true then it would seem that the keys and boxes are unlinked. If key drops are unlinked from boxes in inventory it makes collecting matching sets exponentially harder. Honesty, this is the direction I thought they would go when I first read about generals. If you make players collect a hodgepodge of needed and unneeded items it makes them more likely to buy what they need because waiting will potentially take a very long time.

At the moment I have keys dropping 3.8% of the time, but with only 80 data points it will take a long time before this is even close to right. If anyone is interested in contributing to a log of what's dropping send me a message or post here I'd be happy to link the Google Sheet.

Jun 16, 2016, 09:3606/16/16
09/17/15
Hmmm. Let's see. You do receive Keys only if you have Chests which they open. And yes, you can receive another Chest if you have only a Mythical one. And you can get Keys for different Chests you have in your inventory. 
Jun 18, 2016, 23:4906/18/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
I want to register me in the forum...How can I do?
Jun 19, 2016, 00:0306/19/16
04/06/15

albertoromaldi82 said:

I want to register me in the forum...How can I do?

Archon commenting here, already these registered in the forum

Jun 19, 2016, 07:2006/19/16
Jun 19, 2016, 18:1706/19/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.