Upgrading Generals

Upgrading Generals

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 23, 2016, 06:2506/23/16

boisdejustice said:

Your answer makes me even more furious because you are answering without responding to my complaint (Obviously not understanding it) other than the usual gloss-over Plarium Company line. 

You don't understand yet that you're talking to a wall.

What answer do you expect to receive.

Jun 23, 2016, 06:5406/23/16
06/06/15
I tend to agree reflecting on it more. Basically on defense you get nothing for Calvary or phalanx units anyways. You spend your entire time breaking pieces for light infantry which is really not that great unless you have really good light infantry bonuses elsewhere. I wont spend for keys since it's a given your bonuses will not be more than a grain of salt anyways. I'm not willing to break the bank just to increase my Calvary or Phalanx units it's not worth it. Almost every high level player I have looked at has around 24 to 31% increase for light infantry if they spend the time breaking pieces and waiting. Everyone else virtually no increase.
Jun 23, 2016, 07:5506/23/16

boisdejustice said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, boisdejustice!

You have many free slots, and you can receive multiple Chests and Keys which you can use to get Items. However, you should always consider the fact that if you don't need a particular Item, you will have to spend some time to break it. 

You can always use free Boosts you get in the game to break Items faster. We do have time limits, and we are not planning to remove them. Limits are necessary to maintain our game balance and certain dynamics. 

It woiuldn't be interesting if players with huge armies could get hundreds of Items for the first few days and equip their Heroes with the best Items, don't you agree? 

You don't need to rush. Just enjoy the game and collect Items if you can.

Your answer makes me even more furious because you are answering without responding to my complaint (Obviously not understanding it) other than the usual gloss-over Plarium Company line. 

I'm a little surprised that anyone answered you at all. The level of anger you have with something you don't care about is almost comical (if it wasn't so aggressive and sexist). Here, let me help you with your own words.

The Generals feature is not interesting at all to begin with... making it tedious to manage is doubling down on stupid...

Or

The whole feature is so lame that even if it was free I wouldn't use it

I suggest that you take your own advice and stop doing it (and complaining about it). It seems like it will be good for your blood pressure 

Jun 23, 2016, 08:0006/23/16
08/03/15
TLS said:

boisdejustice said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Hi, boisdejustice!

You have many free slots, and you can receive multiple Chests and Keys which you can use to get Items. However, you should always consider the fact that if you don't need a particular Item, you will have to spend some time to break it. 

You can always use free Boosts you get in the game to break Items faster. We do have time limits, and we are not planning to remove them. Limits are necessary to maintain our game balance and certain dynamics. 

It woiuldn't be interesting if players with huge armies could get hundreds of Items for the first few days and equip their Heroes with the best Items, don't you agree? 

You don't need to rush. Just enjoy the game and collect Items if you can.

I'm a little surprised that anyone answered you at all. The level of anger you have with something you don't care about is almost comical (if it wasn't so aggressive and sexist). Here, let me help you with your own words.

The Generals feature is not interesting at all to begin with... making it tedious to manage is doubling down on stupid...

Or

The whole feature is so lame that even if it was free I wouldn't use it

I suggest that you take your own advice and stop doing it (and complaining about it). It seems like it will be good for your blood pressure 

I believe people like to complain even without valid reasons. Haters gonna hate :) But, I agree with you, so much anger is not necessary and since it's a public forum, people should speak their mind but at least in a polite and respectful manner.
Jun 27, 2016, 22:3606/27/16
Jun 29, 2016, 14:54(edited)
02/25/16

*Removed for breaking Forum rules 3.15*

I only make suggestions/observations because I care about the game and I want Plarium to make it better.

But do they really want any feedback?  I am beginning to doubt it.

Why would I be so intent on posting and re-posting about something I don’t care about?

Maybe because Plarium has forced me to use this "new" annoying and time wasting feature unless I am willing to suffer a significant penalty in the game against people that use it…Contrary to the Capital Disciplines and the Elixirs this feature can quickly makes a big difference in the unit statistics and can impact the outcome of battles so you cannot just ignore it (I wish I could).  It is actually not an optional feature as I wish it was.

It reminds of another browser game I used to play... The company kept introducing better and better weapons that made previous ones near obsolete. This made months of collecting and building up an arsenal feel pointless since new players could now bypass the entire process.  That killed the game for me. 

The generals features seems too powerful to be so poorly designed.

Jun 27, 2016, 22:4406/27/16
Jun 27, 2016, 22:47(edited)
02/25/16

Regarding the "sexist" comment... I assume you refer to my comment on the "Lady General with the broken fingernails"?  I think what is sexist here is Plarium's representation of a woman warrior as some "sex-object" in an evening gown. Why do male warriors look fierce and ready for battle while women warriors look like Barbie dressed up for a Halloween party?  Maybe because that image plays better with the majority of Plarium's targeted sexist male audience? I dislike it because it is sexist.

Jun 28, 2016, 06:4606/28/16
08/03/15
boisdejustice said:

Regarding the "sexist" comment... I assume you refer to my comment on the "Lady General with the broken fingernails"?  I think what is sexist here is Plarium's representation of a woman warrior as some "sex-object" in an evening gown. Why do male warriors look fierce and ready for battle while women warriors look like Barbie dressed up for a Halloween party?  Maybe because that image plays better with the majority of Plarium's targeted sexist male audience? I dislike it because it is sexist.

Archon, amazon warriors where extremely beautiful and deadly. Something like femme fatal :) In ancient times, women were both beautiful and extremely deadly. Even Greek godnesses were beautiful and warriors. E.g Artemis, Demeter, Athena, Nike, Etc..
Jun 29, 2016, 02:5106/29/16
02/25/16

Here are a few examples of powerful women warriors presented in a dignified way... including a real Amazon warrior as depicted on ancient Greek pottery.  The Plarium cocktail dress Barbie doll is a sexist symbol but a real woman warrior she is not.

Jun 29, 2016, 22:1206/29/16
02/25/16

Part of my post was removed by Plarium with this comment

Note that there is no forum rule 3.15 (3.1 to 3.14 exist but no 3.15)

Is it the secret rule that allows Plarium Moderators to remove anything they don't like without having to justify it?
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 1, 2016, 09:0907/01/16
09/17/15

boisdejustice said:

Part of my post was removed by Plarium with this comment

Note that there is no forum rule 3.15 (3.1 to 3.14 exist but no 3.15)

Is it the secret rule that allows Plarium Moderators to remove anything they don't like without having to justify it?

The link in the bottom will be fixed with the next Forum update. Current version of our Forum rules can be found here: http://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/game-rules-and-tutorials/topics/sparta-official-forum-rules/

Jul 1, 2016, 21:4907/01/16

So according to Forum rules that the link provides we can't complain about what the Support Team does (3.16) which is the very team we send tickets and complaints to. It's like complaining to a bully about him being a bully lol cause that makes sense

Jul 2, 2016, 09:4307/02/16
09/19/14
It is Plarium they make rules that suits them lol
Jul 2, 2016, 12:4107/02/16
Jul 2, 2016, 12:45(edited)
08/25/14

About generals :

- There are 8 slots, 4 for offense boosting items, and 4 for defense boosting items.

All items are 100% specialized in only one way. i.e. you won't find any shield boosting offense, nor will find any weapon boosting defense.

So "switchng" is totally nonsensical here.

Just collect items and replace them when you collect a more powerful one, that's all.

Break the weakest ones to enhance the better ones.

- The most interesting items are those that cover all 4 categories : light + heavy infantry + phalanx + cavalry.

There are no "phalanx only" nor "cavalry only" etc. items, meaning any item covering cavalry will inevitably cover the 3 other categories as well, with the exact same value (as values are either 0, or all the same anyway).

These are class IV items and are the only ones you should try to get, and that are worth upgrading (though the upgrade costs are very high, but since you can break all the rest, you should get enough pieces sooner or later). :p

- Of course, you may find some uncommon, rare or legendary items that yield better characteristics, but are of lower class than your, for instance, common class IV item.

Here you'll have to decide for a strategy : either keep the rare item giving you better boosts, but for/against low categories units only, or keep the universal one and enhance it to get better boosts in the end.

Well, considering what I said above, you can't count on some other rare item you could put in another slot to cover the phalanx and cavalry boosts you're missing, since it will also cover the lower ones anyway, so some combination of complementary equipment is not conceivable.

Yet, replacing any low class items by higher class ones is still a better choice IMHO, unless you're for instance using mostly offense infantry, then in this case, wearing a low class but rare or legendary item is probably a much better choice (and is cheaper to upgrade).

For this reason, I sometimes keep some good, but low class item spare, in order to switch when needed.

- Note that what can be true for offense, where you're the one choosing what units will fight, can probably not be for defense, when you don't master what will attack you.

I think in the case of defense slots, universal (class IV) items should stay a preferable choice in all cases (in order to keep no 0% bonus against higher class offenders), but once again, it's up to you. :)

As of course, if you know your opponent will usually sent you a buch of hoplites, then equipping an upgraded legendary class I item with a high defense bonus will be more efficient than equipping a poor class IV one. ^^

- About chests : their contents is random, but their class and quality are known in advance. It's clearly written in their description (and anyway, the needed key tells it all), so you know if it's worth buying a key (in case you don't have earned any matching one) or not.

I currently have an unopened legendary chest, but I'm not interested into buying a key, as it's only a class II one, and I'm all equipped in class IV already and don't wish to lower my phalanx and cavalry attributes. However, I'd be interested into breaking it for pieces, so if I can get a matching key by any means, I'll open it. Else I'll just drop it, as I consider it moslty useless.

HTH. :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.