Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Jun 14, 2016, 08:4406/14/16
Rob May said:

Kakos said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

No, but you can always switch between them

Does that mean that I can have one equipped for defense and the other for offense and change them at will?? 

also does cost to change generals increase with every change? I hope it wont be 5k drachma like golden caducei, u know lvl 9+ elixirs which nobody every swap, because of cost, it would be nice if we can swap generals based on what we do, not stuck with one, because we cant afford to swap :)
I just tried to switch the generals to see if you can store two sets of equipment, but the equipment remains the same. Also, just a note, once you use your first switch it costs 150 dracma after that to switch again. It doesn't seem to give any benefit between the two, so not sure why it would costs, but there it is.
Jun 16, 2016, 03:1506/16/16
Jun 16, 2016, 05:15(edited)
02/25/16

I 100% hate the whole generals feature... super tedious to manage and BORING.  Hate that breaking stuff into pieces and either having to use boosts or more time and coming back to the screen multiple times to micromanage more stuff.  The elixirs are just as idiotic but at least you can be done with them in a few quick steps once a week.

The Hollywood cocktail party lady general is ridiculous... Would you want somebody leading your armies that would be incapacitated by a broken fingernail? Lame feature, bad implementation and very time consuming. Total fail!

The game already demands way too much time and too many repetitious operations.  I am in fact so annoyed with the trashy interface and new dumb stuff Plarium has added in last few "downgrades" that I am seriously considering quitting the game.  Maybe this is just what I needed to motivate me to break this time wasting addiction.  Thank you Plarium for waking me up!

Jun 16, 2016, 23:2506/16/16
06/06/15
I don't mind the General features but I think it's kind of stupid to allow your enemies to click on that little blue icon on the world map and view you percentages. Why should your enemy even know the power of your general anyways? Should they not find out when they dare attack your city? I think it's just another way for players to compare their generals to others and plarium is banking on the idea that players will want to upgrade their generals higher than their enemies even if ti costs. Like the general idea but do away with the ability of others seeing your generals statistics.
Jun 17, 2016, 03:4506/17/16
02/13/16
I like the feature but I would also like to be able to give some of my equipment to my friends. Allowing us to sell between players for drach could be abused but simply swapping or giving it away shouldn't be a problem.
Jun 17, 2016, 03:4806/17/16
06/06/15
MHarrington460 said:

I like the feature but I would also like to be able to give some of my equipment to my friends. Allowing us to sell between players for drach could be abused but simply swapping or giving it away shouldn't be a problem.
That wouldn't be a good idea because then you'd have all the powerful coalitions swapping with members within their own coalition while the weaker coalitions would be more at a disadvantage. Don't like the idea.
Jun 17, 2016, 08:5106/17/16
08/03/15
Swapping and exchaning things will make the game totally unbalanced. Unless some modification can happen or some limit as it has happened on the resources/article trade.
Jun 17, 2016, 09:0806/17/16
07/12/15
If swapping items is was to be allowed, it could potentially create enormous friction between coa members and/or friends.. just think about it..
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 17, 2016, 09:2406/17/16
09/17/15

Hi, guys!

You've mentioned that your enemies can see your stats now. It's a game feature. But please remember that they can't see your other Bonuses, only your General's equipment.

As for selling/trading/etc Items, we are not planning to add such option. First of all, it could negatively affect our game balance. Moreover, your Items are your personal gain. You can't award other players for your efforts. 

Jun 17, 2016, 12:1306/17/16
01/27/15
Drachma swapping would be the BOMB!!
Jun 17, 2016, 12:1806/17/16

lol

Sell equipment which you don't need.. with pieces you can upgrade ther equipment.
Jun 17, 2016, 13:3406/17/16
01/27/15
BTW I have TWO Class I Legendary Vembraces for offense, what a waste
Jun 17, 2016, 13:3906/17/16
08/03/15
RIX said:

BTW I have TWO Class I Legendary Vembraces for offense, what a waste
Are you not able to break them into pieces?It can give  a good number of pieces!
Jun 17, 2016, 20:2106/17/16
06/06/15

Hi, guys!

You've mentioned that your enemies can see your stats now. It's a game feature. But please remember that they can't see your other Bonuses, only your General's equipment.

As for selling/trading/etc Items, we are not planning to add such option. First of all, it could negatively affect our game balance. Moreover, your Items are your personal gain. You can't award other players for your efforts. 

IMO they shouldn't even be able to see my general equipment. When someone wants to invade a city the first thing they will do is check out their opponents generals light and heavy infantry defense bonuses and if it's too high they will think twice about attacking. I just don't like my enemies checking out my percentages on a regular basis. It's just another attempt to get players to wanna upgrade, spend money and "keep up" with those who are willing to spend to create massive generals. 
Jun 20, 2016, 13:5506/20/16
Jun 21, 2016, 10:22(edited)
10/07/15

New General thing is *... Wallet Warriors will always have something that puts them in front...

They copied this thing from game of war, because they cant figure the way to make more money on their own...

Watch your words, Archon!
Jun 20, 2016, 20:0706/20/16
Well, General can give good off and deff bonus on your army Archon.
Jun 21, 2016, 21:0906/21/16
02/25/16

Why does Plarium require us to break equipment into pieces and put durations on this trivial operation? Quite frankly it is infuriating!! I am not spending Drachmas for opening extra storage slots for this junk, nor boosts to break it up...  so now all the new stuff I collect from PPs goes directly into the trashcan.  I get new items much faster than I can break them up and most of it is junk anyway not worth to time that it takes to break it up for pieces.

There should at least be an option to instantly discard items I don't want to open slots for new items. The game is way too time consuming already... Managing the "Lady General's Accessory Wardrobe" is a whole new level of annoying, boring and time wasting. 

It tells me that my time is worth NOTHING to Plarium and that they feel free to waste it on lousy game features.

Lately Plarium seems to add lots of features that increase the "SUCK-factor" and none that improve the "FUN-factor". Why not add durations to mixing elixirs and to each tribute collection click...That should put the final nail in SWOE's coffin. 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 22, 2016, 13:0106/22/16
09/17/15

boisdejustice said:

Why does Plarium require us to break equipment into pieces and put durations on this trivial operation? Quite frankly it is infuriating!! I am not spending Drachmas for opening extra storage slots for this junk, nor boosts to break it up...  so now all the new stuff I collect from PPs goes directly into the trashcan.  I get new items much faster than I can break them up and most of it is junk anyway not worth to time that it takes to break it up for pieces.

There should at least be an option to instantly discard items I don't want to open slots for new items. The game is way too time consuming already... Managing the "Lady General's Accessory Wardrobe" is a whole new level of annoying, boring and time wasting. 

It tells me that my time is worth NOTHING to Plarium and that they feel free to waste it on lousy game features.

Lately Plarium seems to add lots of features that increase the "SUCK-factor" and none that improve the "FUN-factor". Why not add durations to mixing elixirs and to each tribute collection click...That should put the final nail in SWOE's coffin. 

Hi, boisdejustice!

You have many free slots, and you can receive multiple Chests and Keys which you can use to get Items. However, you should always consider the fact that if you don't need a particular Item, you will have to spend some time to break it. 

You can always use free Boosts you get in the game to break Items faster. We do have time limits, and we are not planning to remove them. Limits are necessary to maintain our game balance and certain dynamics. 

It woiuldn't be interesting if players with huge armies could get hundreds of Items for the first few days and equip their Heroes with the best Items, don't you agree? 

You don't need to rush. Just enjoy the game and collect Items if you can.

Jun 22, 2016, 16:2406/22/16
Jun 22, 2016, 16:24(edited)
And there is temporary inventory.. you can sell some equipment (from inventory) if you don't need and then you can move new equipment from temporary inventury to inventory.
Jun 23, 2016, 03:2506/23/16
02/25/16

Hi, boisdejustice!

You have many free slots, and you can receive multiple Chests and Keys which you can use to get Items. However, you should always consider the fact that if you don't need a particular Item, you will have to spend some time to break it. 

You can always use free Boosts you get in the game to break Items faster. We do have time limits, and we are not planning to remove them. Limits are necessary to maintain our game balance and certain dynamics. 

It woiuldn't be interesting if players with huge armies could get hundreds of Items for the first few days and equip their Heroes with the best Items, don't you agree? 

You don't need to rush. Just enjoy the game and collect Items if you can.

Your answer makes me even more furious because you are answering without responding to my complaint (Obviously not understanding it) other than the usual gloss-over Plarium Company line. 

The "many" free slots - including the temporary slots - are filled up in less than one PP campaign with a 60 pieces of junk equipment that take hours and dozens of game logins to get rid off... Please stop giving out trash items on each Persian Position!  I don't want another worthless item that takes 7 minutes to break up to get 10 lousy pieces. Give less items out so you don't clutter all the free slots or at least give me an option to throw them away instantly for free.  I don't want them blocking my storage slots!

The Generals feature is not interesting at all to begin with... making it tedious to manage is doubling down on stupid...

I get 25 identical common items clogging all the "free slots" and now I have to choose between spending 25 x 7 mins to break them up... in multiple visits during the day or use my boosts (No way!) or stop doing PPs or accept the fact that the new items I get from PPs go directly into the trash (Immediately Lost). This is horrible game mechanics.  If you don't understand an issue please don't pretend you do and answer my post!

Jun 23, 2016, 04:1306/23/16
07/12/15

I believe that the option of delete/remove/trash should be added for unwanted items.

About "or accept the fact that the new items I get from PPs go directly into the trash (Immediately Lost)",  I don't think that is the case here because its an "first in - first out" method from what I understand.

That gives some extra time to break down the break-worthy items at least..

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.