Upgrading Generals

Upgrading Generals

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 8, 2016, 03:3906/08/16
06/06/15

Upgrading Generals

I just wanted to say I really like this new "General" upgrades. It's really fun and unique. I was wondering though. When you upgrade your general and gets bonuses on say, defense are those bonuses also combined with the defensive bonuses with your Capital and Mystery Chests? I mean, do all the pluses work together? If so I think it's finally great that there is now a way to make defensive troops more competitive by increasing all these bonuses.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 8, 2016, 11:3506/08/16

yes they will add to other bonuses and since you can have simultaneously increased stats to offensive and defensive from general, what it means top dogs will have more advantage over you :)

lets not look at army size, but on top of 50% power boost they might get another 40% extra over average folks :)

it will be certainly great to get bit edge over some low level neighbors, but you will be at greater disadvantage vs stronger players more than before :)

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 8, 2016, 13:1406/08/16
09/17/15
Greetings. Yes, all Bonuses will work simultaneously. General will allow you to boost your Offense and/or Defense 
Jun 9, 2016, 01:3406/09/16
12/02/14
This newest "feature" with generals is such an obvious ploy by Plarium to squeeze yet MORE money out of players makes me sick to my stomach and makes me want to quit playing this game even more than ever. When will it end? So sick of it!
Jun 9, 2016, 05:2106/09/16
06/06/15
I'M HAVING FUN WITH IT i ALREADY HAVE A FEW GOOD BONUSES AND i JUST STARTED. i THINK ANYTHING THAT HELPS LIGHT INFANTRY DEFENSE IS A PLUS BECAUSE i USE THEM AS THE BULK OF MY FRONT LINE. True you have to buy keys to open locks for rare and legendary items (I have one already) I hope the bonuses will be pretty good. Honestly, I have more fun with this and the Capital than I do the Pans because I really don't care about training my units just to get a few combat points higher. I did that before and they still got wiped out. I'm all for increasing % but it shouldn't be easy or else everyone will have the same percentages. Problem is I'm not I'm able to attack or defend extremely high persian positions and the super high levels are probably where the legendary items are.
Jun 9, 2016, 09:3606/09/16
09/17/15
Drusilla said:

I'M HAVING FUN WITH IT i ALREADY HAVE A FEW GOOD BONUSES AND i JUST STARTED. i THINK ANYTHING THAT HELPS LIGHT INFANTRY DEFENSE IS A PLUS BECAUSE i USE THEM AS THE BULK OF MY FRONT LINE. True you have to buy keys to open locks for rare and legendary items (I have one already) I hope the bonuses will be pretty good. Honestly, I have more fun with this and the Capital than I do the Pans because I really don't care about training my units just to get a few combat points higher. I did that before and they still got wiped out. I'm all for increasing % but it shouldn't be easy or else everyone will have the same percentages. Problem is I'm not I'm able to attack or defend extremely high persian positions and the super high levels are probably where the legendary items are.
But you would get super-high level Items from super-high level Positions, and you wouldn't be able to equip them. As your General grows, you'll be able to wear high-level equipment.
Jun 9, 2016, 14:0306/09/16
07/12/15
Can one have two Generals?
Jun 10, 2016, 08:4706/10/16
09/17/15
Kakos said:

Can one have two Generals?
No, but you can always switch between them
Jun 10, 2016, 09:1906/10/16
07/12/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Does that mean that I can have one equipped for defense and the other for offense and change them at will?? 

Jun 10, 2016, 20:3106/10/16
Kakos said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Does that mean that I can have one equipped for defense and the other for offense and change them at will?? 

also does cost to change generals increase with every change? I hope it wont be 5k drachma like golden caducei, u know lvl 9+ elixirs which nobody every swap, because of cost, it would be nice if we can swap generals based on what we do, not stuck with one, because we cant afford to swap :)
Jun 10, 2016, 21:4206/10/16
Jun 10, 2016, 21:44(edited)
02/25/16

I am a bit of a grinch on these "new" features... I hate both the Capitals and the Generals which look just like re-hashed elixirs to me. 

Plarium is like the car company that hasn't put out a new model for a decade but keeps adding extras like chrome trim, pin-striping, window tinting and new colors and tries to pretend they have something new and exciting. They want to charge huge extras for what is cosmetic "fluff" at the core.  I think the Plarium designers lack vision and imagination.  This game is stuck in a rut.  The "new" features do not add to the game whatsoever... Both of them are just more tedious stuff to manage and more stuff to buy.

There is no new strategy, no improved graphics or game play.

I feel that the people at Plarium making decisions cannot conceive of an improvement that does not directly add sales revenue to Plarium... but in the business world most product improvements have to be made to keep your product from becoming stale and dying. 

I smell a dying game behind these over-hyped but super-lame features.

Jun 10, 2016, 21:5906/10/16
11/26/14
Sadly, most all of these web browser based games end up getting greedy. One of the main reasons I started playing this game was because it wasn't such a pay to win type game, but as time goes on it becomes that way...They will milk the cash cows until the end and then when the game doesn't bring in there projected income they will shut the game down. I understand there a business and need to make money , but usually there own greed kills the game as people get tired of trying to keep up with Joe schmo. There really isnt much strategy in this game anymore except how fast you can swipe your visa cards.
Jun 10, 2016, 23:4006/10/16

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Sadly, most all of these web browser based games end up getting greedy. One of the main reasons I started playing this game was because it wasn't such a pay to win type game, but as time goes on it becomes that way...They will milk the cash cows until the end and then when the game doesn't bring in there projected income they will shut the game down. I understand there a business and need to make money , but usually there own greed kills the game as people get tired of trying to keep up with Joe schmo. There really isnt much strategy in this game anymore except how fast you can swipe your visa cards.

there is no need to get angry on people who can swipe CC faster than you! ^^

hope people don't get arm-wrestler hands like grannies pulling lever on these machines in las vegas

Jun 11, 2016, 01:4706/11/16
Jun 11, 2016, 02:03(edited)
11/26/14
Rob May said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

hope people don't get arm-wrestler hands like grannies pulling lever on these machines in las vegas

Who said anything about being angry?   lol.  I simply stated facts. also about the card swiping part...I could swipe all day if I chose to do so , but I see no reason to do so.  
Jun 11, 2016, 01:5206/11/16
ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Rob May said:

ItBurnsWhenIPvP said:

Who said anything about being angry?   lol.  I simply stated facts. also about the card swiping part...I could swipe all day if I chose to do so , but I see no reason to do so.
I was being sarcastic
Jun 11, 2016, 02:0506/11/16
Jun 11, 2016, 02:19(edited)
11/26/14
Oh I wasn't sure there, but I thought surely my friend isnt being mean  :P
Jun 11, 2016, 09:3206/11/16
08/03/15
To be honest, is better spending money on such huge bonuses that the general's item gives you and can boost your army in significant way rather than for nothing :) Moreover, do not forget, that you are not obliged to spend your money. Pp's gives you the opportunity to win keys by doing them :)Rare, but still existable!
Jun 11, 2016, 12:1706/11/16
02/25/16

I actually don't care about how much Plarium charges for this... it's the fact that they can't produce a decent, interesting feature. You've got to be kidding me about "paying for the keys" to unlock this crap!  The whole feature is so lame that even if it was free I wouldn't use it...NOT INTERESTING is the key word here... Same old recycled, rehashed, boring, tedious, time consuming stuff!

The static pictures of silly "generals" (that don't even "wear" the items you equip them with) to add to the same predictable micro % increases as elixirs, Capital disciplines, agreement levels etc.  You look downright silly when you charge forward with your new unlocked 6.3% offensive phalanx increase against a player who just bought the 50% defensive bonus gimmick from your friendly Plarium store.

With the new McDonald's "Gold Card" that you receive after 10,000 visits to the Golden Arches you will receive one extra french frie with each order... Yikes!
Jun 11, 2016, 19:4506/11/16
boisdejustice said:

I actually don't care about how much Plarium charges for this... it's the fact that they can't produce a decent, interesting feature. You've got to be kidding me about "paying for the keys" to unlock this crap!  The whole feature is so lame that even if it was free I wouldn't use it...NOT INTERESTING is the key word here... Same old recycled, rehashed, boring, tedious, time consuming stuff!

The static pictures of silly "generals" (that don't even "wear" the items you equip them with) to add to the same predictable micro % increases as elixirs, Capital disciplines, agreement levels etc.  You look downright silly when you charge forward with your new unlocked 6.3% offensive phalanx increase against a player who just bought the 50% defensive bonus gimmick from your friendly Plarium store.

With the new McDonald's "Gold Card" that you receive after 10,000 visits to the Golden Arches you will receive one extra french frie with each order... Yikes!
+1
Jun 12, 2016, 09:5506/12/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:53(edited)
11/05/14

Boisdejustice, I really hate to say it, but you're right about so many aspects of this. The thing is, this new feature could actually have been a dramatic improvement, something that added a new strategic twist to the game, if they had only have forgotten about the revenue stream for a moment and given some thought to game development instead.

Let's start with the obvious. The bonuses packed into the higher level (=coiner) toys unbalance the game. In a few days, I've improved my defensive light infantry more than I did the first 3 months of playing. (And I'm not going on a positions binge or doing anything special) This is way out of balance. Imagine how much the coiners have already abused this. There are 2 ways of dealing with this imbalance. The first, and simplest, is to scale back the value of teh various items, especially at the top end. Coiners are going to hate this, so we can forget about it happening. The second, and I believe this is workable, is to make the general simply one unit that can be added to other units to improve their performance, like a kind of uber-champion. As it is now, the general participates in any and all battles. Why should it be able to be in 2 or 3 places at one time? What if archons had to decide which battle to send their generals to, knowing that the general would only affect the battle it was sent to, and not be available for others? That would add a twist of strategic choice to the game. It would also introduce the possibility of teh general being lost in combat. Well, you can always get a new general (should be free, or at most a cost wholly payable in resources, no drachma), but items lost are items lost (and maybe found by the victor? hmm, maybe...)

another small complaint, and yes this is small stuff, is that the general's name has taken the place of the name of the city. This may or not be intentional, but the message this sends is that all the work we've been doing to improve our cities for the past year(s) is insignificant compared to the cult of the great leader. I can't speak for others, but call mine General li useless, because this change is a slap in the face of long time players. Let's to the democratic thing, and restore the names of our cities, and maybe put a tiny banner under the general so we can all see his name too.

I don't know why we can't have a cut-out for our generals, and get to see the actual chosen items on display. I know some years ago I used to play a zombie game where this was possible. You'd start out with a cut-out of your character in his/her underwear, and see the changes as you'd add or remove items of clothing. Add a riot helmet, see a riot helmet. Change it for playboy bunny ears, see playboy bunny ears. Don't know why we can't do that here. (Not that I'm recommending stiletto heels, fishnet stockings and bunny ears for this game, just giving examples)
Jun 13, 2016, 08:5706/13/16
09/17/15
Guys, if you have any suggestions about new feature, please share in 'Suggestions and Feedback thread'. I would really appreciate it.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.