Persian positions event and weekly leaderboard 19-05-16

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
May 24, 2016, 08:5005/24/16
08/25/14

necab15-games said:

It could be the most economical way to 'buy' an army fast.

New members to coalitions that have never spent money are the only ones that mention getting 80% chest discounts, so a major coiner can create many alts, and buy many of those discounts to get some drachma and bonus troop in the tank for start, then can fire up 50% 7 day enhancers, play persians as quick as possible during tournament and even better for reviving when 75% off revival day crosses beginning of a tournament. At end of week when enhancer expires there's lots of money spent, big armies and and an even bigger headache from having to manage all the accounts. 

Others prefer not to get bogged down by the game and like a good nights sleep.

Nah, I often get 80% chest discounts, but I don't need to buy them. Same for discounts on fortifications (that I've not been needing for over a year), relocation pools (that I'll never use), etc. :/

It's totally random.

May 24, 2016, 09:5405/24/16
03/29/15

ThatBloke said:

necab15-games said:

It could be the most economical way to 'buy' an army fast.

New members to coalitions that have never spent money are the only ones that mention getting 80% chest discounts, so a major coiner can create many alts, and buy many of those discounts to get some drachma and bonus troop in the tank for start, then can fire up 50% 7 day enhancers, play persians as quick as possible during tournament and even better for reviving when 75% off revival day crosses beginning of a tournament. At end of week when enhancer expires there's lots of money spent, big armies and and an even bigger headache from having to manage all the accounts. 

Others prefer not to get bogged down by the game and like a good nights sleep.

Nah, I often get 80% chest discounts, but I don't need to buy them. Same for discounts on fortifications (that I've not been needing for over a year), relocation pools (that I'll never use), etc. :/

It's totally random.

Elixir chests often show up pretty high on wheel of fortune, because not many people are interested in buying them over other things, plarium realise it, so there's now 70% off chest days to go with revival, boosts, 50% off unit days.

I meant the pick a chest from 3(pandoras box or something) for % off drachmas sometimes with bonus units/items as well.  If you're in a coalition which accepts new players, you'll find that those people are always the ones to 'luckily' chose chest for 80% offer.  Other players seem to always get 50% or 60% and have more chance of finding a triceratops grazing in their garden than 80% chest.  Random...no.  Buy bait...yes, to attract players to spending chain.

May 24, 2016, 10:4105/24/16
May 24, 2016, 10:43(edited)
08/25/14

I'm not saying they've not favorded higher discounts on some items... :)

They could be using some different random function, for instance, though it's obviously a Gauss curve, considering the (existing and attested) 10% and 90% discounts rarity (maybe there are even 5% and 95%, people having gotten them could confirm).

Now gauss curves have parameters. :) The central value probability could be raised or lowered, affecting the values close to the ends as well.

But honestly, I've had as many 80% as 20% on all items, etc. and I can affirm 40%, 50% and 60% (on anything) are by far the most frequent.

I've been playing from before the Wheel of Fortune was added, so I've had plenty of time to realize it's a simple Gaussian curve. :p

In addition the number of sales is random as well. I get 200 or 250 x 40%, 60% or 80% discounts or revivals often enough, for instance, but yesterday I only got 150 x 20% discounts.

Now combinate the discount percentages, the number of items and the items nature, and you get quite a lot of possible discounts everyday.

Completely random, I tell you. :)

Of course, computers usually use pseudo-random numbers generators rather than hard wired (and expensive) random generators. They use operations on numbers giving apparently random sequences of digits, but could ca hardly prevent some similar sequences to reappear. However, consider the generator is checked at different moments when different people are logging in, with different pllings for each of them, and you'll get quite satisfactorily random combinations.

Anyway, biasing the random generators with code to advantage Plarium would just be uselessy and hugely complicating things for puny results.

Remember the discount percentages probabilities follow a Gauss curve already, meaning average values are much, much more likely to drop than extreme low or high values.

This is quite enough to be fair for both Plarium and us.

May 25, 2016, 10:3605/25/16
01/27/15
ThatBloke said:

It's totally random.

I have full towers and have never seen a fortification discount on over a year, My city décor is maxed and have not seen an offer in over a year and my city expansion is maxed and have not seen that one either.  If I have zero drachma and I purchase a 4.99 package, my wheel discounts are 70-80% off.  If I have 10k plus drachma my discounts are 20-40%
May 26, 2016, 05:2305/26/16
AJA
May 26, 2016, 06:2405/26/16
08/25/14

RIX said:

I have full towers and have never seen a fortification discount on over a year, My city décor is maxed and have not seen an offer in over a year and my city expansion is maxed and have not seen that one either.

Well, consider yourself lucky then. I often get 80% of fortifications while I dont need them anymore, same for decor wile my city is full.

Actually, I used every discount oportunity to fill it up. :)

RIX said:

If I have zero drachma and I purchase a 4.99 package, my wheel discounts are 70-80% off.  If I have 10k plus drachma my discounts are 20-40%

You can't command luck... :p

Everything can happen. ^^

I may as well get 80% on revival when I have drachmas... Statistically, everything has happened to me. ^^

Jun 7, 2016, 04:0406/07/16
there is surely random chance on some things, but random goes only so far... yes few things are picked up randomly after clever algorithm first pick something up for you:)
Jun 7, 2016, 07:1006/07/16
08/03/15

I do not believe there is a hokus pokus smart algorithm. It is pure luck, RNG is called.

I usually get fortifications,chests and 10-40% units price reduction. For me are worthless on the other hand, I feel grateful that I get few sales that I still need.

I would love to get some 80% on champion units to be honest, but oh well, I shall wait the Gods of RNG!
Jun 7, 2016, 12:3806/07/16

all pray o mighty RNGesus! :)

but there is reason you don't champion bonus discounts as often as resource boost:)

Jun 7, 2016, 14:5006/07/16
Jun 7, 2016, 14:51(edited)
08/03/15

Oh well, even if there is that conspiracy theory of an algorithm that is simlar to 'betting sites' etc..then i must just say..that I feel comfortable having such good programmers in this game...

But on a final note, RNG is what made Diablo and other big games thrive. Sparta is one of them (as a browser game).So..Let's be a bit happy and pray for the RNG gods to bless us all!

P.S I would feel bored of the game IF I had everything in few weeks time and wouldn't play it that much and have fun :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.