PLAYER AVATARS

PLAYER AVATARS

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 26, 2016, 21:3104/26/16
02/25/16

PLAYER AVATARS

I tried for a long time to figure out how to get my cool Aries Avatar from the forum into the game... to no avail.  Only FB players that start the game with a photo ID get to use it and they can't change it after they initially open an account.

The reason for this is very sound... Players have abused avatars and used offensive and explicit graphics which caused Plarium to remove the customized Avatar option.

How about adding a new group of Avatars that are "Player Created" but selectable just as the current limited choices.  Put a menu of 52 such Avatars that can be selected but don't fill them in. Let Players submit their avatar/graphic to Plarium for inclusion.  Each week Plarium could announce an Avatar Graphic Contest Winner and add his avatar to the menu.  Of course he wouldn't be the exclusive user but there would be new avatars to choose from and probably some proud artists out there...

I should be in marketing...
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 26, 2016, 21:3604/26/16
04/06/15

I think it's a good idea,

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 27, 2016, 09:0204/27/16
09/17/15
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, we are not planning to change the avatar system at the moment, but it's possible that there will be some improvements in the future.
Apr 28, 2016, 22:0504/28/16
02/25/16

I understand that it is very unlikely that I would come up with an idea that happens to be currently in the planning stage (unless I worked at Plarium) but the main function of this topic section should be for Players to give feedback and ideas to Plarium so they can consider them when they decide what to do next. 

It think the addition of Capitals is a great example of what happens when someone who doesn't play the game comes up with a new feature in a vacuum.  It doesn't interact with the average player. It's static, boring and irrelevant.  Its effects can only be measured if you have a statistical analysis program running on your computer.  

Creating this forum topic is a great step in the direction of getting more input from those who could have told Plarium that the Capitals idea was lame.  So I am hopeful that some form of personalized Avatar will someday be available.  A feature that affects every player, interacts with every player and is used constantly in every screen shot.  Maybe Plarium would be more receptive if I suggested that they could get players to pay Drachmas for personalized avatars?

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 29, 2016, 10:0504/29/16
09/17/15

boisdejustice said:

I understand that it is very unlikely that I would come up with an idea that happens to be currently in the planning stage (unless I worked at Plarium) but the main function of this topic section should be for Players to give feedback and ideas to Plarium so they can consider them when they decide what to do next. 

It think the addition of Capitals is a great example of what happens when someone who doesn't play the game comes up with a new feature in a vacuum.  It doesn't interact with the average player. It's static, boring and irrelevant.  Its effects can only be measured if you have a statistical analysis program running on your computer.  

Creating this forum topic is a great step in the direction of getting more input from those who could have told Plarium that the Capitals idea was lame.  So I am hopeful that some form of personalized Avatar will someday be available.  A feature that affects every player, interacts with every player and is used constantly in every screen shot.  Maybe Plarium would be more receptive if I suggested that they could get players to pay Drachmas for personalized avatars?

We are open for the new suggestions, but as for the custom avatars, it's complicated and unlikely to be done in the nearest future. You can have a custom avatar only if you were registered through Facebook.

May 10, 2016, 17:1605/10/16
Why not offer at least a bigger selection of non-custom ones? Is it that hard to put a few more pictures in?
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.