Attention, Archons! Read carefully!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 24, 2016, 16:2903/24/16
02/29/16

Many of you may have noticed that extinguishing the remaining Persians at the Positions (the ones you had attempted to raid/defend) after the update resulted in receiving a fairly small reward.

Let us look into what happened.

1. There was an error with the mini payout on the Positions. After the fix, the payout you get from a Position you have once attempted to raid/defend will be different from what it was before.

2. If you were to get a big payout from a Position, you will still get it.

3. Since the logic behind the payout system remains intact, the change will not affect the payout you will get on the Positions you attempt to raid/defend for the first time.

It is important to remember that the payouts depend on the troop losses you incur, so receiving a mini payout brings you closer to the desired reward!

As you can see, the situation is not as critical as it may have seemed.

Players who scouted Positions prior to the update will not see any difference in the payouts. Players that have attempted to raid/defend Positions but failed might have received a slightly smaller reward. It does NOT apply to players who were supposed to receive a big reward - they did get their rewards.

Important!

1. All the Units you lost count toward the payout you will get from the next Positions..

2. All the mini payouts you will get from the ‘fresh’ Positions in the future will remain the same.

Those Archons that have mastered the art of battling Positions have noticed that the logic behind the Position system did not change. All the knowledge and experience you have gained over the years is still valuable.

Archons, I encourage you to share your knowledge and expertise with less experienced players so everyone can get the desired outcome on the Positions and progress in the game! Good luck!

Please share your thoughts in the Comments under this post. Do not create any other posts related to Positions. Thank you.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 24, 2016, 19:1303/24/16
09/19/14
Why werent we told that this change happened ? we had to find out from a moderator that rage quit cause of that
Mar 24, 2016, 21:0203/24/16
Mar 24, 2016, 21:05(edited)
09/08/14

Aleksandra Miroshyna said:

Archons, I encourage you to share your knowledge 

Watch what you wish for, can we share the facebook post that the moderator posted, the real truth behind the persian positions or will it be deleted?

EDIT: although you hide things from players, you are still see-through. This game lacks honesty from administrators side.
Mar 24, 2016, 23:0103/24/16
01/27/15
Uncle Junior said:

Watch what you wish for, can we share the facebook post that the moderator posted, the real truth behind the persian positions or will it be deleted?

EDIT: although you hide things from players, you are still see-through. This game lacks honesty from administrators side.
I wanna see it!
Mar 24, 2016, 23:0803/24/16
01/27/15

I am assuming the positions are going back to the old system.  Only one position will yield your loan and then you calculate exactly how many resources you borrowed and need to kill off more positions equaling in resources that last loan.

The change is that you will no longer get partial payments in between each payday?
Mar 25, 2016, 00:1703/25/16
11/04/15
Uncle Junior said:

they just deleted my post on persians. Just a l103 screenshot with 100 myms payout. 
Mar 25, 2016, 02:4603/25/16
Mar 25, 2016, 02:46(edited)
11/12/14

Here's the change: weakening a position to 1 bar, finishing it, and the resulting partial payout is slightly (I'd say about ~10%) smaller (but TheElitePhantom, I just got 50 swordsmen from a level 125 position! That is nowhere near 10%! More on that later).

Big payouts from weakening a position remain unchanged.

Big payouts and partial payouts from completing a position in a single attack/defense remain unchanged.

The only change is that partial payouts from weakening and then finishing a position are ~10% smaller. Yes, this is the only change. (Well, then why did a mod quit for such a minor change? The details we received on the change were fairly poorly written and it took us a week to straighten everything out and understand what it was about. I don't blame him for misinterpreting things, but I wish he did not act so rashly.)

A 10% reduction for a specific circumstance could have easily been a hotfix (gone on unannounced; after all, no one would care if upgrading the acropolis took 5 minutes longer than before for each level, or if agreement research speeds got slightly buffed) if everything went as intended.

It turns out there was a bug when applying the new payout algorithm to old positions. Completing an old position that was previously weakened led to absolutely puny rewards (level 125 positions awarding a dozen heavy infantry instead of a thousand phalanx units). This only applies to old positions that were scouted before the update. New and fresh positions are working correctly. There was a position tournament to encourage players to complete whatever positions they had available in order to make the transition period as smooth as possible. Keep in mind the puny payouts were unintentional and the result of a bug.

Also of notice, the bank has not been reset. Not receiving the full partial payout brings you much closer to the big payout.

Finally, my condolences to the players who had multiple positions weakened and unfinished prior to the update. The same technique will work on future positions, so go ahead and try to set things up again. 

Mar 25, 2016, 04:3703/25/16
11/04/15
TheElitePhantom said:

Here's the change: weakening a position to 1 bar, finishing it, and the resulting partial payout is slightly (I'd say about ~10%) smaller (but TheElitePhantom, I just got 50 swordsmen from a level 125 position! That is nowhere near 10%! More on that later).

Big payouts and partial payouts from completing a position in a single attack/defense remain unchanged.

The only change is that partial payouts from weakening and then finishing a position are ~10% smaller. Yes, this is the only change. (Well, then why did a mod quit for such a minor change? The details we received on the change were fairly poorly written and it took us a week to straighten everything out and understand what it was about. I don't blame him for misinterpreting things, but I wish he did not act so rashly.)

A 10% reduction for a specific circumstance could have easily been a hotfix (gone on unannounced; after all, no one would care if upgrading the acropolis took 5 minutes longer than before for each level, or if agreement research speeds got slightly buffed) if everything went as intended.

It turns out there was a bug when applying the new payout algorithm to old positions. Completing an old position that was previously weakened led to absolutely puny rewards (level 125 positions awarding a dozen heavy infantry instead of a thousand phalanx units). This only applies to old positions that were scouted before the update. New and fresh positions are working correctly. There was a position tournament to encourage players to complete whatever positions they had available in order to make the transition period as smooth as possible. Keep in mind the puny payouts were unintentional and the result of a bug.

Also of notice, the bank has not been reset. Not receiving the full partial payout brings you much closer to the big payout.

Finally, my condolences to the players who had multiple positions weakened and unfinished prior to the update. The same technique will work on future positions, so go ahead and try to set things up again. 

so I have about 100mil invested before the change. if i finish now i will get 100 myrms?
Mar 25, 2016, 04:5603/25/16
11/12/14
lil_uzi94 said:
so I have about 100mil invested before the change. if i finish now i will get 100 myrms?
You might get 100 myrmidons if you finish a position that existed before the update. If you do, deduct the resource cost of 100 myrmidons from the 100 million you have invested. The next big payout will give you what's left over. You do not lose any of your investment from getting a small payout; instead, the remainder rolls over.
Mar 25, 2016, 09:5003/25/16
02/29/16
Uncle Junior said:

The real truth behind Position has been posted here, Archon. If you have any questions regarding this matter, I'll be glad to answer on them.
Mar 25, 2016, 11:0603/25/16
01/27/15

I'm not trying to stir the pot but don't you think that finishing a level 100 position and only receiving 100 myrms is a bit of a slap in the face? Sure it doesn't "affect" overall bank payout but we have adapted to he 1st Persian change to accept at least a 30% return on all of the mini positions.  It sort of eases the pain of wasting 100 million in resources and still having to wait for the "big one".

Mar 25, 2016, 12:5703/25/16
09/19/14
TheElitePhantom said:

ill give a reward for the archon that can decypher that or Alexandras msg
Mar 25, 2016, 13:0103/25/16
02/29/16
Gorgo said
If you have any questions, Archon, I'll be glad to help.
Mar 25, 2016, 13:0203/25/16
09/08/14

The real truth behind Position has been posted here, Archon. If you have any questions regarding this matter, I'll be glad to answer on them.
I volunteered for Plarium, so excuse me if I don't trust a word you say
Mar 25, 2016, 13:0203/25/16
09/19/14

TheElitePhantom said:

and that just proves our point THAT Paylarium is changing things without telling us that they do, meaning like others mentioned before me that they are dishonest and untrustworthy. If that moderator (thank the gods it was) wasnt sick of you lying to payers,  you would NEVER admit it is something wrong you would keep bullshitting that all is fine, instead he screwed you big time and now you need to drag your butt out of it

Mar 25, 2016, 13:1103/25/16
Mar 25, 2016, 13:14(edited)
09/19/14

Gorgo said

If you have any questions, Archon, I'll be glad to help.

lets start by why decreasing mini-payouts. I thought they were there, cause players wanted something small to return that is why we were told original persians were changed in the first place. so why change that after 1 year...are we slowly getting back to no more mini payouts ?

And why other game makes a log of changes that made(bug fixes and all)  except plarium ?
Mar 25, 2016, 14:3403/25/16
09/16/15

Hello Archons

The "mini-payout" rewards may become slightly smaller, but definitely not considerably smaller, 2% to 3% less. 

And yes, the update was introduced as some players were exploiting the system.

Luckily, hardly any players were doing so.

We can confirm that the Units you lose on the PP´s fill up your “resource bank”.

if your “resource bank” is already full, you should receive a big payout even from a “1-bar” PP. All resources invested in the PP´s will remain there.

The bank is not going to reset to 0.

Resetting the PP´s bank would be a disaster for all players, and it is definitely not the aim of the update.

Mar 25, 2016, 15:4403/25/16
11/12/14

Gorgo said:

and that just proves our point THAT Paylarium is changing things without telling us that they do, meaning like others mentioned before me that they are dishonest and untrustworthy. If that moderator (thank the gods it was) wasnt sick of you lying to payers, you would NEVER admit it is something wrong you would keep bullshitting that all is fine, instead he screwed you big time and now you need to drag your butt out of it

If you weaken a position to one bar and then finish it, the partial payout will be slightly smaller than before.

That's it. That's the whole change. Big payouts remain unchanged. Partial payouts for finishing a position in one hit remain unchanged.

You do know what a hotfix is, right? and how they happen all the time, even in popular games? and how we just told you what's changing? You're free to uphold that mod's resignation, but he got things wrong in the first place.

Mar 25, 2016, 19:2703/25/16
Mar 25, 2016, 19:31(edited)
09/19/14

TheElitePhantom said:

Gorgo said:

and that just proves our point THAT Paylarium is changing things without telling us that they do, meaning like others mentioned before me that they are dishonest and untrustworthy. If that moderator (thank the gods it was) wasnt sick of you lying to payers, you would NEVER admit it is something wrong you would keep bullshitting that all is fine, instead he screwed you big time and now you need to drag your butt out of it

If you weaken a position to one bar and then finish it, the partial payout will be slightly smaller than before.

That's it. That's the whole change. Big payouts remain unchanged. Partial payouts for finishing a position in one hit remain unchanged.

You do know what a hotfix is, right? and how they happen all the time, even in popular games? and how we just told you what's changing? You're free to uphold that mod's resignation, but he got things wrong in the first place.

you dont see the point do you ? i said that if he wouldnt expose this ISSUE you would kept lying that all is fine even if small payouts are now smaller...dont tell me that you had in plan to tell us that you lowered mini-partials ? you just had to now cover your butts cause someone had enough of lying and we are all glad that someone stepped forward and say that outloud...otherwise would be ill qoute:

"hello did you change persians ? 

NO archon no changes were made"

am i wrong ? this happened before..
Mar 25, 2016, 19:3303/25/16
09/19/14
Nuno Paiva said:

Hello Archons

The "mini-payout" rewards may become slightly smaller, but definitely not considerably smaller, 2% to 3% less. 

And yes, the update was introduced as some players were exploiting the system.

Luckily, hardly any players were doing so.

We can confirm that the Units you lose on the PP´s fill up your “resource bank”.

if your “resource bank” is already full, you should receive a big payout even from a “1-bar” PP. All resources invested in the PP´s will remain there.

The bank is not going to reset to 0.

Resetting the PP´s bank would be a disaster for all players, and it is definitely not the aim of the update.

and why is figuring out persians a bad thing ? i didnt profited from it i wish i could, but why punish players to find a way to profit a little ? does really every drachma that we dont buy hurts Plarium baddly? thats company greed its beyond profit
Mar 25, 2016, 23:0603/25/16

gorgo you also have to understand that most moderators have no info about these things, they are just average players with 5k drach per week or how much they give them to look after forum.

So they will just keep telling you whatever they believe is true just o keep players happy.

But I'm not defending mods or plarium.

Plarium have no loyal customers for example like Blizzard have, since all they do is to milk until u quit...

and most active mods are the way they are, most people don't really check forum anyway, myself included, there is nothing here of interest sometimes some announcement, that's why most people comes here like once a month.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.