Article and Elixir questions

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 19, 2016, 14:1902/19/16
12/11/15

Can someone explain how you should use the Elixers with the silver device to extract them, Do I want at the top(Cache Tab) all the same types such as Endurance or Crafty or do I want the same kind of vessels but different  colors???

Articles is it possible to collect duplicates and if so how can you identify them so you can trade them .

Thank you in advance for your help
Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 19, 2016, 15:2102/19/16
04/06/15

Arconte ,You may freely remove Elixirs of level 1-4 but Elixirs of higher levels require the use of a Caduceus to remove it safely. You may still remove the Elixir without the Caduceus, but you will lose the removed Elixir in the process. There are two levels of Caduceus, on that works on levels 5-8 and one that works on levels 5-12. to use and remove only you must click on the elixir  

for you to know what items are, you should seek Ephorate Building, there you will find your articles that you have and also repeated, you can also swap in the same building, or just you can also exchange it at the port

Feb 21, 2016, 05:0702/21/16
Feb 21, 2016, 05:08(edited)
08/25/14

Duplicates are useful, as two of them allow you to create a higher level elixir.

When in your temple of Asclepius, click on the "Amphora Cache" tab.

There you can select any elixir you have more than one, then click ont he "Mix" button to get a higher level one.

This is how you can get up to level 12 elixirs in the end.

Using only elixirs up to level 4 allows you to freely remove them without losing them, as Fastred explained.

Swapping elixirs allows you to boost different kinds of troops depending on your current needs.

From levels 5 to 8, you'll need a silver caduceus to remove them, or you can remove them allright, but losing them in the process. If you've mixed a lot of lower levels elixirs, you can chose to do so. Else you can remove them with a caduceus, for instance to mix them with another same level elixir to get a superior one. The choice is yours. :)

Feb 21, 2016, 13:5002/21/16
11/05/15
over level 8 you need a golden caduceus to remove them safely 
Feb 23, 2016, 11:4602/23/16
12/11/15

Thank you for your responses. My questions are much more basic. I understand how to mix  Elixirs. My question revolve around what do I do next. Do I want to have all the windows at the top of the cache be the same i.e. all Endurance or Crafty and do I want to extract them since I now have 15 + Cadeus. As you can see I don't know what I am trying to accomplish when in the Cache portion . Or do I want all the same type of vessel but different colors and when do I want to Extract them with The Cadeosu.

Feb 23, 2016, 14:2302/23/16
08/25/14

When you'll want to swap colors to boost different kinds of units, you'll do so from the main "Cache" tab.

Just click on the elixir you want to remove. If its level is superior to 4, you'll be offered two choices : either just remove and destroy it, or remove and keep it. Then your existing quantity of the relevant caduceus will be shown for you to use one (if you do'nt have any, they a "Purchase" button will be there).

Using a caduceus will just put the extracted elixir back to the lower half of the screen, ready to re-use or mix to get a higher level one.

The divine goblet will be freed, so you can insert another elixir there.

Feb 23, 2016, 16:5602/23/16
11/12/14

You can't apply more than 1 elixir of the same type at the same time, so you can't have three Endurance elixirs active.

It's up to you how you want to apply them. Maybe you want to have your best elixirs up at all times, or you could use two of your favorite elixirs and leave the other slot at level 4 so you can freely swap it out.

Swapping them out depends on how many caducei you're willing to buy. You could stick with level 4 elixirs until you get level 8 ones and then swap them in, so you don't have to swap them out each time you level up an elixir. If you have 15+ caducei already, you can probably use your best elixirs and switch when you get better ones.

Feb 24, 2016, 09:0302/24/16
Feb 24, 2016, 09:06(edited)
01/28/16

anonrh_m said:

Thank you for your responses. My questions are much more basic. I understand how to mix  Elixirs. My question revolve around what do I do next. Do I want to have all the windows at the top of the cache be the same i.e. all Endurance or Crafty and do I want to extract them since I now have 15 + Cadeus. As you can see I don't know what I am trying to accomplish when in the Cache portion . Or do I want all the same type of vessel but different colors and when do I want to Extract them with The Cadeosu.

My only suggestion would be, to change out your elixirs based on what you are currently doing. If you are running raids, or doing attacks, use elixirs that boost your offensive unit strength. If you are working on your city, & have defensive units setup to prevent spying or raiding, or, are trying to besiege a city, or hold an Emporium, use one that adds a defensive boost. I generally take ALL my level 1, 2, & 3 elixirs, & mix them all to level 4 asap, so I have the highest level available to use, without having to use Caduceus to remove, if I cannot afford it, since using level 4's doesn't cost you anything to do so. As you get stronger, & have the financial ability to always make use of Caduceus when needed, start using your level 5, & 8 elixirs.

But personally, I ALWAYS have elixirs going, even when I am away from the game for the night, or during the day.

Even though you only see a 3%, 4.8%, or 6% boost, remember, every little bit helps.

Apr 19, 2016, 10:3404/19/16
10/20/15

Good to find something on this topic, there are 2 little things that need fixing :

- pointing on defensive elixirs shows the bonuses for each units, starting with light infantry but then comes phalanx before heavies and it's confusing when you don't pay attention to it

-still pointing on defensive elixirs reads, under its name, the type of unit the elixir is supposed to support the most but it doesn't match... For instance, swiftness is associated with cavalry defense but it appears the units it supports best is light infantry... why ?!

Apr 19, 2016, 16:0004/19/16
11/12/14
lefeubleu said:

-still pointing on defensive elixirs reads, under its name, the type of unit the elixir is supposed to support the most but it doesn't match... For instance, swiftness is associated with cavalry defense but it appears the units it supports best is light infantry... why ?!

Cavalry are weaker towards light infantry, so the percentage is a bit higher to help with its weaknesses. Even though the percentage is higher, the actual bonus is still a bit lower than the others because of the differences in their base values.
Apr 19, 2016, 19:3604/19/16

yes elixirs usually boost most that's stats which is weakest, like cavalry defense vs light offense units.

but generally these elixirs are very badly implemented as I mentioned in another topic.

either swap lvl 4 around, or keep 1-2higher level ones and swap in other slot lvl 4

or just put them there and leave them there.....

which kind of kills any strategic element they should play in game, I mean pay 5k every time u wan to change lvl9+ elixir? ....nuts!

Apr 20, 2016, 08:1904/20/16
10/20/15

Oh, I got it !

To keep the same example of swiftness lvl 4, I thought the +6% dedicated to cavalry defense against light offensive infantry was actually a +6% on my own light infantry against any offensive units..

Can't believe I've been wrong for so long  

Thank you anyway !

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.