The most epic updates of the year!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 22, 2015, 16:0712/22/15
02/02/15

Archons! The Ephors seek your judgment: below is a list of the most epic updates of the year!

Lay down your swords for a moment, and vote for the best update to grace Hellas in 2015:

New Units: advanced Roman Warriors you can hire with Denarii!

Resources and Items purchased or received as bonuses can now all be found in the Market interface!

Coalition Missions!

Global Tournaments!

Reduced Grain consumption for Champion Units!

Changes to Persian Position mechanics!

Units will no longer be dismissed when you lack the Grain to maintain them!

Relocation Pools!

Experience Points available for purchase!

New levels of Buildings (you can use Sketches to upgrade them even further and gain special bonuses)!

New Items (Auto Unit Hider, Offense and Defense Enhancers, Position Discovery, Instant Recall)!

The gods value your opinions! Make your voices heard!

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 22, 2015, 16:1812/22/15
04/06/15

1- Coalition Missions!

Dec 22, 2015, 16:3312/22/15
01/08/15
I'm scraching my head.....so what should i pick?
Dec 22, 2015, 17:1412/22/15
11/04/15
PrimeGuardian said:

I'm scraching my head.....so what should i pick?
Definitely not the persian positions :S
Dec 22, 2015, 17:2312/22/15
01/08/15

Ok, i pick the PP

where the world gone Epic with it.
Dec 23, 2015, 01:1812/23/15
Dec 23, 2015, 01:33(edited)
01/08/15

most of the stuff is ok but the PP is EPIC=Lame, why wont i pick this up so that they know how LAME is the EPIC mean

The Blue color is the most Epic L+A+M+E.

The Yellow is the Coiner playground

The White color is consider ok and fair among all.

New Units: advanced Roman Warriors you can hire with Denarii!

Resources and Items purchased or received as bonuses can now all be found in the Market interface!

Coalition Missions!

Global Tournaments!

Reduced Grain consumption for Champion Units!

-Reduce and benefit to those alien ather than player

Changes to Persian Position mechanics!

-The reward system is just too dizzy,

-Buy and build -grain, still can buy and build.

Relocation Pools!

-in early its was like "I hate you", 4k drachma to move away from it, now added discount, everyone can fly.

Experience Points available for purchase!

-no learning, just spoiling

New levels of Buildings (you can use Sketches to upgrade them even further and gain special bonuses)!

-what!!! not so important and too expensive.

New Items (Auto Unit Hider, Offense and Defense Enhancers, Position Discovery, Instant Recall)!

-GP 10% haha im so strong, Drachma 20% he is stronger, so when you gonna attack, i wanna ready the defensive cos you have 20% offfensive, pls make it within this 4 hr cos my army at pan so scare....you never know when the raider gonna lick you.

From the list, we can see that the early 1 2 3 were ok nice, afterward, it just gone out of the topic and mostly refer to coiner rather than player, the fairness broke after that.

Dec 24, 2015, 03:5612/24/15
08/25/14

Well, the two main problems are :

- None were asked by players ;

- Some aren't appreciated by everybody.

In somes cases, they're also strongly misunderstood.

Let's talk about the troops desertion removal, for instance.

This "feature" actually concerned only the ones guarding your walls, which wasn't clearly stated anywhere in the game, but was a fact.

Troops in your acropolis or anywhere outside were safe from this effect, so in the end, it touched only two categories of troops :

- Your own city defense ;

- Your freshly produced troops that were actually evaporating as they came, which was extremely disturbing for new players.

In boh cases, either it would strongly disadvantage new players who were generally too weak to afford raiding, or more experienced players with lots of troops, but who would have to stay online 24/24 to raid and bring food to feed them.

Of course, the main arguments opposed by detractors was it served as a natural barrier to stop players growing too powerful.

Well, yes and no, as it would mostly affect players defending their cities, and they could chose not to. And of course, they have what it takes to raid and fill up their granaries before going to bed when they were producing troops.

So this feature was mostly an annoyance for beginners, and was very badly understood as well.

So thinking about it, maybe it was actually one of the best changes...

I know people will now oppose the grain trade problem at the port.

Well, back then, I wrote the grain price drop was totally artificial and only motivated by some kind of market rout fear, as beginners still needed lots of grain, and yes indeed, I stand by my words.

In addition, players with large armies are now more in need for grain than ever, so seriously, if you still want to dump you grain, then suits yourself... But you really don't have to, and most importantly, don't blame the game, and instead, blame yourself and other players acting the same way.

Well, at least, I can find cheap grain easily when I need some. Go on dumping, it's good for me and anybody else needing grain. Maybe some day you'll realize it's not necessary ?

I know it's hard to raise prices when your neighbor keeps them low. OK. But you're kinda just following like sheep. If you wouldn't, once the cheap grain would have been traded, people would have to take yours anyway. Especially if distance and travel time are important.

Anyway, you're free to trade your way. Just please don't blame others for your own decisions.

Now let's talk about Persians.

The first change included a nasty feature that would not engage 30% of your troops, so the combat were resolved as if you had sent only 70% of them, making winning positions and measuring up the correct amount of troops very difficult.

This useless feature has fortunately been removed to players demand.

What's now staying is only the fact that partial payouts, that once existed but were very rare, are now systematic.

I still think that with the old system, when you got a partial pyaout, it was working the exact same way as now, except you didn't get them as often as now.

This has still to be proven or confirmed, but I'm not sure anything has changed ohterwise.

And as a matter of fact, the new system is much better for at least the lower half levels.

Players hitting high end levels say it's harder to get a payout. Well, maybe. First of all, they do have to take all the partials in account in their calculation, as they're part of the total payout, if they want to compare what they earned to what they lost.

Then I can read lots of people complaining they get less than they invest. Well, duh. These are obviously partials, and aren't meant to be beneficial. It only means you're stopping before the end and stay there, sitting on your bottom complaining instead of going ahead. I'm not saying it's an easy walk, but at least, now you get somehting back instead of nothing before you get the actual payout.

It only means you didn't get the full payout yet, so just go ahead, get it and please stop whinning ! At levels 65 or so, the full payout is 10 times bigger than a partial at the same level. Not only you can't mistake it for a partial, but it will amply pay your investment back.

From what I could notice, the number of times the full payout is larger than a partial goes on growing with the level, so high level full payouts are gigantic are obviously noticeable.

On the other hand, partials tend to be smaller than the required investment for a given level as it goes higher, so it just makes sense. Of course, it's more difficult until you get the actual payout, but would it be different with the old system, when you got nothing at all iin the way ?

Maybe it has to be compared.

In the meantime, it became absolutely easier for the lower half, so it should be a praised change hand downs for beginners and more experienced players who stayed under the, say, levels 70 to 80 limit.

So this one should receive mixed appreciations, but I'm definitely appreciating it.

Before the change, the levels 50 to 60 area was notoriously a pain, giving nothing even after 20 hits (I remember how hard it was to get anything for entire months), while now, for a reason I can't explain, it became a gold mine, with partials systematically equal or greatly superior to individual investments. They're inferior before and after, so this area has somehting special, probably the required investments a payouts curves cutting there... Anyway, the change made them a troops earning paradise.

Dec 24, 2015, 04:0312/24/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14
still trying to figure out the friend invite for in game people
Dec 24, 2015, 08:1412/24/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
So there are updates comming soon?
Dec 24, 2015, 08:3012/24/15
01/08/15
Yes, the new patch coming soon at new year, be ready to enjoy...ahem....mad...ahem....whatever it was for it.
Dec 25, 2015, 06:3512/25/15
10/08/14

I generally do not comment on much of what I read, but this idea that raiding for grain to feed your troops is simply not so, at least according to Plarium.  What governs the ability to feed your troops is your actual grain production rate. Before the change, if your production rate fell below your consumption rate then troops left, simple as that. I spent a lot of drachma before the change to keep my production rate above my consumption rate, using the 3 day production boosts, but it finally reached a point that nothing I did, other than losing troops, could keep the production rate above the consumption rate. I do not notice any troops leaving now, and actually darn few left before. Many players still believe that the quantity of grain in their warehouses feed the army and that, according to the answer I got from Plarium, is just not so. Now, even with the production boosts, if you have an army of any size anyway, you cannot possibly keep up with the consumption rate. There are some other factors involved as well.  Consumption can be affected by different percentages added to your city by temples and scrolls, and maybe a couple of things I am not aware of.  But quantity of grain in your grainery is not one of them.  My information regarding this issue came from submitting a ticket to Plarium  because I could not in anyway keep up any longer and was worried that my army would leave. That no longer seems to be an issue. I just felt the need to point out this very common misconception of grain and its purposes.

Dec 25, 2015, 14:5912/25/15
08/25/14

Hello Archon,

woad said:

What governs the ability to feed your troops is your actual grain production rate. Before the change, if your production rate fell below your consumption rate then troops left, simple as that. 

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong.

What has always fed your troops is just grain, period.

As long as you had just one grain left, your troops couldn't dismiss.

Raiding has always been used by top players to feed their huge army. Actually, nothing has changed, except your troops won't dismiss when your grain counter hits zero, that's all.

I know lots of newcomers got fooled by the damn message warning you as soon as your grain production balance gets negative, and it's actually still there, annoying but useless.

We spent countless time reassuring them on the forum, telling them they had nothing to fear as long as they had some grain left.

The game itself told you to ask your friends to send you some, so it was clearly about having spare grain, not about using more than you produced.

That's also the reason why explanation had to be given, as I can see urban legends are still alive ! ;)

As a matter of fact, my grain balance got negative far before they removed the dismissing feature, and of course long ago it was as well before my temple of Demeter was fully upgraded, and I've never lost any unit. All I had to do was raiding daily, perod.

Dec 26, 2015, 15:0612/26/15
04/06/15

Archon, for those who have not understood on this theme is to vote, for which was the best upgrade 2015

Dec 26, 2015, 15:2412/26/15
08/25/14

That wasn't innocent from me...

... As after some thoughts, the desertion removal may well have my favor for the vote. ;)

It's quite handy for me not to worry when my grain counter falls back to 0 overnight while I'm producing troops... :p

Dec 28, 2015, 12:4712/28/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14
Need alternative means to get the advanced agreements. Currently need GPs to buy articles. That is too slow and too costly. Maybe an upgrade to the building to allow research/drafting of agreements with dennari funding for "research grant".
Dec 28, 2015, 12:5912/28/15

Dec 28, 2015, 12:5912/28/15
08/19/14

most changes only for benefit of money players that showed up in one day without any attempts..  :(

only coalition mission is appropriate to best change in game.
Dec 28, 2015, 13:2112/28/15
07/06/15

Dec 28, 2015, 13:2712/28/15
06/22/15
New units.
Dec 28, 2015, 13:3612/28/15
11/02/14
coalition mission
Dec 28, 2015, 14:1112/28/15
06/14/15
relocation pools and the packages to buy , but they are a little expensive for some countries.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.