Various proposals to improve Sparta - Part 2 from Niels post

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 25, 2020, 14:3206/25/20
10/12/16

Plarium has made a number of changes in recent months to reduce the more boring and repetitive areas of the game. I applaud this.

I would like to see more done.

1. Reduce time and effort taken to up-rank Guardians (G). See my boringly titled post 'Please reduce RSI inducing actions' dated 16 Jan 2020 . This is easily the most important point of this post.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/469_suggestions/182727_please-reduce-rsi-inducing-actions/

This is even more important now that the auto-conquest has become common and P have introduced rank 7 G's. It has become both the longest time involvement in the game and one of the most boring.

One of my COA members calculated that it takes over 8,0000 rank 1 G's to be up-ranked to create a single rank 7 Guardian (and therefore +4,000 grade 2, 1,600 grade 3, etc). I do not know if his calculation is correct but in any case we are talking up-ranking thousands of G's - EACH ONE THOUGH A BORING AND TIME CONSUMING PROCESS - and yes I finish up with a severe ache in my mouse hand - RSI! 

2. Please add a separate button to return E. Troops to Acro (and remove E. troops from Off button!). 
    2 reasons:
    a) I often wish to return Offence to safety of Acro but I wish to leave E. Troops in city.
    b) Off button currently returns E. troops to Acro but leaves Def Chosen of Ares in city - vulnerable and providing none of this units special abilities

3. I would like, from the main screen:
    a) to be able to see queue lengths not only for buildings but also for agreements (Normal, Elysian and Sanctum)
    b) What level my COA has reached in Arena

4. When opening COA chests (typically all awarded at same time via arena event), that when clicking on 'Open Next' they open from from most superior chest descending to basic chest in order - not the other way around as the game currently defaults!
    Reason - if there is any overflow from my gear inventory I want to lose the rubbish not the good gear!

5. Please stop insulting us with your 1 sketch 'reward' from chests. Most upgrades take 1,000's of sketches. The reward of 1 is an irritating insult. Either remove this reward entirely or make it a reasonable reward, say 100 sketches.

6. Add ability to discard Generals equipment from inventory, per the way chests can be discarded.

7. Only return forum search requests fro the forum you are in! ie I only play Sparta, I am not the least bit interested in posts in other games.

8. Add ability to turn phylarch battle on or off.
    I have over 1 million phylarch and do not need a reminder to do battle!

9. In Arena add ability to stop grade V G's being sent until level 81 has been reached or at least add a flag to G icon to show you have Grade V in this G type.

10. Add ability for player to easily look at a list of all posts he has posted or commented in.

11. Add obvious and easy means to add player ID to these posts, rather than hiding it away in 'about game' as at present.

Regards Ages

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 28, 2020, 12:2106/28/20
10/12/16
Plarium - no response??
NancyAdmin
Jul 1, 2020, 12:4107/01/20
07/09/19

agesofman Red Warrior said:

Plarium has made a number of changes in recent months to reduce the more boring and repetitive areas of the game. I applaud this.

1. Reduce time and effort taken to up-rank Guardians (G). See my boringly titled post 'Please reduce RSI inducing actions' dated 16 Jan 2020 . This is easily the most important point of this post.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/469_suggestions/182727_please-reduce-rsi-inducing-actions/

This is even more important now that the auto-conquest has become common and P have introduced rank 7 G's. It has become both the longest time involvement in the game and one of the most boring.

One of my COA members calculated that it takes over 8,0000 rank 1 G's to be up-ranked to create a single rank 7 Guardian (and therefore +4,000 grade 2, 1,600 grade 3, etc). I do not know if his calculation is correct but in any case we are talking up-ranking thousands of G's - EACH ONE THOUGH A BORING AND TIME CONSUMING PROCESS - and yes I finish up with a severe ache in my mouse hand - RSI! 

Hello, agesofman. 

Thanks for your suggestions. I see your point here. We've already forwarded a similar suggestion to our game designers and they promised to think it over. 

2. Please add a separate button to return E. Troops to Acro (and remove E. troops from Off button!). 

2 reasons: a) I often wish to return Offence to safety of Acro but I wish to leave E. Troops in city. 

b) Off button currently returns E. troops to Acro but leaves Def Chosen of Ares in city - vulnerable and providing none of this units special abilities

A couple of months ago we improved filters in the game and players are now able to return Elysian units separately. If you are talking about some other option, please send me a screenshot of a page where you would like to see this separate button. 

a) to be able to see queue lengths not only for buildings but also for agreements (Normal, Elysian and Sanctum)

What is the main screen for you? Are you talking about the view from the map? 

4. When opening COA chests (typically all awarded at same time via arena event), that when clicking on 'Open Next' they open from from most superior chest descending to basic chest in order - not the other way around as the game currently defaults! Reason - if there is any overflow from my gear inventory I want to lose the rubbish not the good gear!

Am I correct in understanding that at the moment chests are being opened from basic to superior ones, while you are asking to change it and open from superior to basic? 

5. Please stop insulting us with your 1 sketch 'reward' from chests. Most upgrades take 1,000's of sketches. The reward of 1 is an irritating insult. Either remove this reward entirely or make it a reasonable reward, say 100 sketches.

Please list what activities in the game rewards you with 1 sketch. 

6. Add ability to discard Generals equipment from inventory, per the way chests can be discarded.

Why don't you want to simply break it? 

7. Only return forum search requests fro the forum you are in! ie I only play Sparta, I am not the least bit interested in posts in other games.

We are working on a new forum and I hope that the search option will work better there. 

8. Add ability to turn phylarch battle on or off. I have over 1 million phylarch and do not need a reminder to do battle!

You can simply ignore that notification 

9. In Arena add ability to stop grade V G's being sent until level 81 has been reached or at least add a flag to G icon to show you have Grade V in this G type.

We like this idea and discussed it with our dev team. It's under consideration. Stay tuned.

10. Add ability for player to easily look at a list of all posts he has posted or commented in.

On the forum? 

11. Add obvious and easy means to add player ID to these posts, rather than hiding it away in 'about game' as at present.

Thanks for your suggestion. It will be forwarded to the responsible team. I agree with you that it would be much more convenient. 

Jul 1, 2020, 22:4907/01/20
10/12/16

Nancy said:

Thanks for reply Nancy

It would help you understand my points if you play Sparta a bit!

However, I have answered your points 1 by 1.

Hello, agesofman. 

Thanks for your suggestions. I see your point here. We've already forwarded a similar suggestion to our game designers and they promised to think it over. 

Thank you

2 reasons: a) I often wish to return Offence to safety of Acro but I wish to leave E. Troops in city. 

A couple of months ago we improved filters in the game and players are now able to return Elysian units separately. If you are talking about some other option, please send me a screenshot of a page where you would like to see this separate button. 

Please go to the War Council where the following screen (part) exists.
The options to 'hide your units in the Acropolis' do NOT include Elysian units.
The ability to do so is what I am requesting (together with removing offensive E. units from  button! ie offensive unit button only to return 'ordinary offensive units to acro)

I consider the main screen to be the screen I control the majority of actions my city undertakes.
It is the city screen, part of which is illustrated below:

4. When opening COA chests (typically all awarded at same time via arena event), that when clicking on 'Open Next' they open from from most superior chest descending to basic chest in order - not the other way around as the game currently defaults! Reason - if there is any overflow from my gear inventory I want to lose the rubbish not the good gear!

Am I correct in understanding that at the moment chests are being opened from basic to superior ones, while you are asking to change it and open from superior to basic? 

Yes exactly!

One activity - the activity of opening a COA chest (typically awarded via arena event but can be via another COA member spending money with Plarium). A single sketch is a common random reward.
I have opened hundreds of chests and the only sketch reward I have seen is the single sketch reward.
It is utterly useless.

Why don't you want to simply break it? 

For much the same reason I would wish to discard a chest!
What would you prefer to do when you need say 75,600 pieces to upgrade a piece of equipment?:
a) Upgrade a Class 1 legendary piece of equipment that gives you 100 pieces and takes 6 hours
OR
b) Upgrade an Class 4 common piece of equipment that gives you 480 pieces and takes an hour
Further suppose you have opened lots of COA chests and your inventory is full of say Class 1 legendary equipment and your temporary inventory (which you will lose in a few hours) is full of Class 4 common equipment.
See the frustration?
Why create a situation that in frustrating and annoying for your customers?
When there is a simply solution!

We are working on a new forum and I hope that the search option will work better there. 

Thank You

8. Add ability to turn phylarch battle on or off. I have over 1 million phylarch and do not need a reminder to do battle!

I want the notification. It is a useful reminder to reactivate the phylarch bonuses.
I just do not want it for so called battle!

We like this idea and discussed it with our dev team. It's under consideration. Stay tuned.

Thank you

On the forum? 

Yes

Thanks for your suggestion. It will be forwarded to the responsible team. I agree with you that it would be much more convenient. 

Jul 3, 2020, 17:2607/03/20
02/14/16

Could not agree more.  Great comments, especially the criticism of endless clicking. Plarium should do more to make the time of player more efficient, which is certainly in its self-interest.  Plarium's goal is to make money - that happens when players are engaged in PVP, tourneys, EP, PP  and units and resources are burned.  The more time a player spends away from these money making activities, the less time there is to spend.  

NancyAdmin
Jul 7, 2020, 10:4707/07/20
07/09/19

agesofman Red Warrior, thanks for the clarification. I'm asking additional questions just to make sure that we are on the same page. 

Please go to the War Council where the following screen (part) exists.The options to 'hide your units in the Acropolis' do NOT include Elysian units.The ability to do so is what I am requesting (together with removing offensive E. units from button! ie offensive unit button only to return 'ordinary offensive units to acro)

I see. I usually click on the 'Select' button and then set up filters.

I haven't seen similar complaints/requests to make changes to these buttons, but I'll ask the team and let you know their decision about it. 

I consider the main screen to be the screen I control the majority of actions my city undertakes.
It is the city screen, part of which is illustrated below

Thanks. Now, when I'm sure that we are talking about the same things, I can answer:

Do you suggest adding the third block here? 

You can easily check it in the Coalition Arena chat.

Yes exactly!

I'll forward your request to our game designers for consideration. 

One activity - the activity of opening a COA chest (typically awarded via arena event but can be via another COA member spending money with Plarium). A single sketch is a common random reward.
I have opened hundreds of chests and the only sketch reward I have seen is the single sketch reward.
It is utterly useless.

The thing is that sketches are very valuable items in the game that's why it may be hard to earn them. But everything is possible even in such a way. 

8. Add ability to turn phylarch battle on or off. I have over 1 million phylarch and do not need a reminder to do battle!
I want the notification. It is a useful reminder to reactivate the phylarch bonuses.
I just do not want it for so called battle!

I see your point, but Phylarh is one of the aspects of the game that we are not going to modify in the near future. 

Jul 10, 2020, 10:0607/10/20
Jul 10, 2020, 10:09(edited)
10/12/16

Hi Nancy

Thanks for your reply.

The first thing I want to re-iterate is that of all the points in my suggestion, the one that dwarfs the others is I believe it is essential to reduce the time spent in up-ranking Guardians leveled up using the auto conquest item.

I think there is some muddy thinking involved in the game design on returning units to Acro.

The only reason (ahem and by inference the only reason any logical thinker would go there ;) ) I would use the 'Select' button is to be selective on what troops i move from City to acro or vica versa eg fine tuning.

The best place to do group moves is directly from the city using the buttons:

In other words IMHO the (after 'select') tick boxes are superfluous and an E troop button should be added to this button group  (and E troops removed from Off button).

Your question "Do you suggest adding the third block here?"

Answer Yes - but even better if times are displayed as in: 

Thank you for pointing out COA Arena Chat - I had not spotted that it existed!

Re Sketches - I understand they are valuable but please also understand that most players still in game, have been playing for years and have done all the 'easy' upgrades. All upgrades now available to me and the great majority of players cost hundreds to thousands of sketches. Giving a 'reward' of 1 sketch is NOT a reward - it is an irritant, it is salt in the wound.
I again suggest you either remove this reward or make it more reasonable.

Thanks again for listening.

NancyAdmin
Jul 13, 2020, 11:5507/13/20
07/09/19

Hi Nancy

Thanks for your reply.

The first thing I want to re-iterate is that of all the points in my suggestion, the one that dwarfs the others is I believe it is essential to reduce the time spent in up-ranking Guardians leveled up using the auto conquest item.

I think there is some muddy thinking involved in the game design on returning units to Acro.

The only reason (ahem and by inference the only reason any logical thinker would go there ;) ) I would use the 'Select' button is to be selective on what troops i move from City to acro or vica versa eg fine tuning.

The best place to do group moves is directly from the city using the buttons:

In other words IMHO the (after 'select') tick boxes are superfluous and an E troop button should be added to this button group  (and E troops removed from Off button).

Your question "Do you suggest adding the third block here?"

Answer Yes - but even better if times are displayed as in: 

Thank you for pointing out COA Arena Chat - I had not spotted that it existed!

Re Sketches - I understand they are valuable but please also understand that most players still in game, have been playing for years and have done all the 'easy' upgrades. All upgrades now available to me and the great majority of players cost hundreds to thousands of sketches. Giving a 'reward' of 1 sketch is NOT a reward - it is an irritant, it is salt in the wound.
I again suggest you either remove this reward or make it more reasonable.

Thanks again for listening.

agesofman Red Warrior, thanks for your reply. It was a pleasure to help you with COA Arena Chat. 

I understand that the main suggestion of yours is to simplify and speed up the level-up process of Guardians. I haven't focused on this because this idea has already been discussed with our game designers and they agreed that it would be cool to improve the process. It could require some time for them to think it over and decided something but they are aware of it. No worries. 

As for the E troop button, I received a reply several days ago that at the moment we are not going to change anything but if the number of requests keeps increasing, we will get back to this suggestion. 

Aug 12, 2020, 22:4708/12/20
02/14/18

Thank you Agesofman for all this excellent suggestion and thank you Nancy for taking the time to answer them in a very enlightening way for all us players!

Don´t have to say more about all this... Well ok. I will say I like a lot the idea to add Sanctum of Ares agreements with the others... and most important is to correct the endless clicking to guardians!

Hope we can see this and more of Agesofman´s suggestions on field soon!⚔