Various proposals to revitalize the game

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 17, 2020, 07:2506/17/20
10/02/15

Various proposals to revitalize the game

Hi

Having played this game for some years now, having spent many many hours here and being a hegemon, I have a few comments on the latest development of the game. Some comments are my own, some are as heard from members of my coa. From time to time through the years, I saw both positive and less positive reactions on news in the game, lately I hear mostly demotivated reactions, a few even close to stop the game. Something must be done.

In the game, there is a balance between action, chat, diplomaty and routine maintenance like doing divine quests, upgrading guardians/buildings/agreements etc. This balance has tilted, the routine jobs take over more and more. The fun factor in game is getting smaller. It’s demotivating. When you’ve done a large share of routine jobs, you deserve to see these jobs being done in the background, while you are online doing the fun parts.

Proposals:

Introduce a dominion level 16: automatic fulfillment of all types of divine quests. Players who reached this are loyal to the game anyway and have done their share of divine quests one by one. They will still have to log on to initiate the divine quests.

Introduce a permanent Group Skirmish Guardian Conquest for veteran players. Add a nice amount of energy refreshers to the dayly log in rewards.

Pans are an important part of playing here. Give medium and small coalitions a better chance to have pans and take part in pan activities. One way could be: give each coalition a very strong defense bonus + 50 % free revival to be used in one pan only. Make it easier to upgrade this single pan, too. There might be other ways, too, like a nice reward every four weeks for going from zero pans to one. This might even be part of pan events.

The same with capitals. Most coalitions are locked at the level 5 guarantee. Introduce a lvl 10 guarantee to help smaller coalitions back in capital fights and to fill up a little of the gab between the biggest coas and all the others.

Another theme is the money paid to play.

Give all players the same offers at the same prices. It’s very difficult to understand, why loyal and active players have to pay much more than less loyal/partly inactive players for the same package.

When you do the new Cult Acolyte recruitement race, all rewards should be paid out as in other events. It’s unfair, that you have to use boosts to get the rewards, you already fought for and paid for by losing units. If this continues unchanged, most players will do only the very lowest levels or totally boycott it, and it will be another event for the biggest players only

I am aware, it takes more, but these bigger and smaller initiatives would be motivating adjustments. And remember, the medium and smaller players will some day be bigger, and meanwhile they are needed in the game, too. The game is for everybody.

Regards

Niels

Brotherhood Reborn

Views
Comments
Comments
NancyAdmin
Jun 19, 2020, 11:5806/19/20
07/09/19

Niels said:

Hi

Having played this game for some years now, having spent many many hours here and being a hegemon, I have a few comments on the latest development of the game. Some comments are my own, some are as heard from members of my coa. From time to time through the years, I saw both positive and less positive reactions on news in the game, lately I hear mostly demotivated reactions, a few even close to stop the game. Something must be done.

In the game, there is a balance between action, chat, diplomaty and routine maintenance like doing divine quests, upgrading guardians/buildings/agreements etc. This balance has tilted, the routine jobs take over more and more. The fun factor in game is getting smaller. It’s demotivating. When you’ve done a large share of routine jobs, you deserve to see these jobs being done in the background, while you are online doing the fun parts.

Proposals:

Introduce a dominion level 16: automatic fulfillment of all types of divine quests. Players who reached this are loyal to the game anyway and have done their share of divine quests one by one. They will still have to log on to initiate the divine quests.

Introduce a permanent Group Skirmish Guardian Conquest for veteran players. Add a nice amount of energy refreshers to the dayly log in rewards.

Pans are an important part of playing here. Give medium and small coalitions a better chance to have pans and take part in pan activities. One way could be: give each coalition a very strong defense bonus + 50 % free revival to be used in one pan only. Make it easier to upgrade this single pan, too. There might be other ways, too, like a nice reward every four weeks for going from zero pans to one. This might even be part of pan events.

The same with capitals. Most coalitions are locked at the level 5 guarantee. Introduce a lvl 10 guarantee to help smaller coalitions back in capital fights and to fill up a little of the gab between the biggest coas and all the others.

Another theme is the money paid to play.

Give all players the same offers at the same prices. It’s very difficult to understand, why loyal and active players have to pay much more than less loyal/partly inactive players for the same package.

When you do the new Cult Acolyte recruitement race, all rewards should be paid out as in other events. It’s unfair, that you have to use boosts to get the rewards, you already fought for and paid for by losing units. If this continues unchanged, most players will do only the very lowest levels or totally boycott it, and it will be another event for the biggest players only

I am aware, it takes more, but these bigger and smaller initiatives would be motivating adjustments. And remember, the medium and smaller players will some day be bigger, and meanwhile they are needed in the game, too. The game is for everybody.

Regards

Niels

Brotherhood Reborn

Hi Niels. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts with us. 

I like your suggestion about auto-completing of Divine Quests and, actually, we forwarded it to the team a couple of weeks ago. They will keep it in mind. 

As for Pantheons and Capitals, this topic has been discussed on the forum many times, and I'm afraid there is nothing more I can add to this. We don't plan to change anything in these aspects of the game. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get you quite straight here. As far as I know, you can hire units without using boosts. Although using boosts may help players to train more units and train them faster, it's not mandatory to use them. 

If players want to train units faster, as an alternative they are able to sign corresponding agreements. Needless to say, that even if a player doesn't use boosts, he will still receive his units as soon as their training process is over. 

Jun 25, 2020, 13:4206/25/20
10/12/16

Hi Nancy

I am fortunate to have cities in 2 of the largest COA's.

One of those COA's Red Warrior has tried and failed to hold onto a single Pan.

RW is ranked 21st in the COA list (of what a 1,000 COA's?) and finishes in the top 5 in the biggest COA event - the CC

If RW cannot hold onto a single COA, then how on earth can the smaller COA's stand any chance at all?

Similar with Capitals

This is an area I would suggest Plarium have to address and Niels' suggestions are as good as any.

Re the Cult Acolyte race.

Niels is correct and you have failed to see his point. 

Speaking from a personal level - I have completed the first 7 levels of 'Sacred Positions' 'SP'

I have now stopped doing anymore SP as my Acolyte Training Queue is full.

Doing anymore SP simply wastes my troops for minimal reward.

If all players in my COA did this then we would not get the COA reward (which is pretty miserable anyway!).

Once the penny drops - many players are likely to start doing the same and the event becomes a non-event.

Jul 31, 2020, 19:5107/31/20
12/18/17

We come to the same conclusion in most Plarium tournaments ... new and old, you don't rent to play them. Of the old tournaments, we already know it and of the new ones it took us to discover it when playing the first time ... It would not be better tournaments where they were worth playing and winning troop. the only thing that Plarium does with this shortage of troops is to make people stop playing them ... Why play?

And I think that the last tournaments that Plarium put out have good gameplay intent, but they remain in good intention ... you play the first time, eagerly, and quickly discover that you don't ...

Aug 12, 2020, 22:2908/12/20
02/14/18

Hello Spartans! I understand your frustration about the Cult tournament. It's true what Nancy says, as we improve the speed of troop crafting, we will have more champions. It is also true that if you use accelerators you improve everything faster, that has always been the case. On the bright side, we can produce troops that previously only had those who bought them. If you play a lot, the gap narrows and soon we will be taking advantage of all the idols without having to spend our appreciated boosters!