Overlords. Dev Notes
Archons, ready your Guardians. A new enemy is threatening Hellas: Overlords!
To rouse as many as we can to take on these foes, we are introducing the Overlord Tournament.
In this Tournament, you can send up to 4 Guardians to attack Overlords in regular attacks or Overlord Skirmishes. The more damage you inflict, the more Tournament Points you’ll earn, and the greater your Rewards will be.
Overlords are powerful Enemies that can be engaged during the Overlord Tournament while an Overlord Encounter is in progress. Each Overlord Encounter lasts 24 hours before a new one begins.
During that time, you can attack Overlords using a Team of up to 4 Guardians. Just like when you attack Warlords, attacking Overlords requires Energy. Guardians will not earn XP by attacking Overlords, but can earn Summoning Bonds.
Selecting a Guardian Team
When selecting your Team prior to a Skirmish or regular attack, you can mark one of the Guardians as the Leader, whose Critical Strike Chance will become that of the entire Team.
You should also study the Overlord information carefully. They may be weak against a certain Guardian Type or Affinity. Build your Team accordingly in order to maximize the damage you inflict!
In addition to regular attacks, you can also send your Team on Overlord Skirmishes. Note that if you have Guardians out on an Overlord Skirmish, you will be unable to engage in Skirmishes or attacks against Warlords until the Skirmish is over.
When beginning a Skirmish, you set an Attack Limit. Your chosen Attack Limit will determine which, and how many, Resources you’ll need for the Skirmish (such as Energy and Recharge Items).
The maximum to which you can set your Attack Limit is determined by the following:
- The maximum Energy you can have (after accounting for Resources like Recharge Items).
- Overlord Encounter time remaining.
- Your Dominion Status if it's at Level 10 or above (this increases your Team's Movement Speed, letting you attack quicker).
All the required Resources will be taken from your account when you start the Skirmish. However, if the Skirmish is stopped at any point, Resources that were not used for attacks will be refunded to you.
The Overlord Tournament
When this Tournament is on, you will earn Tournament Points as you inflict damage on the Overlords. The Rewards you can earn are as follows:
- Milestone Rewards: Get them by reaching Tournament Point Milestones. If your fellow Coalition Members earn Tournament Points, it will fill up the multiplier progress bar, which can multiply the Milestone Rewards you earn.
- Global Ranking Rewards: Earn spectacular Rewards by getting one of the top Ranks in the Global Rankings.
- League Ranking Rewards: Rank at the top of your League to claim these exciting Rewards.
Rush to strengthen your Guardians, and prepare to do battle with the Overlords!