best unit type for liberating a city??

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
May 27, 2018, 13:0005/27/18
03/17/17

lets say that i want to liberate my city from a siege. what type of units i send???  offensive or defensive?? 

so far that is not very clear to me 

Thanks

Views
Comments
Comments
May 27, 2018, 14:5605/27/18
10/15/15

friend whenever we try to liberate a city, be ours or any other, the logic says that we use attack troops. Many players also send mixed attack and defense because they say that they reinforce the defense of that attack troop

May 28, 2018, 09:3605/28/18
10/20/15
Normal players don't mix though, they send only offense, and then call it back as soon as it hit the city ; then if you also want to defend it afterwards, send defense, but not at the same time
MariusAdmin
May 30, 2018, 08:1205/30/18
09/04/17
If you have a good idea of the enemy strength and know that you will defeat them, sending defense afterwards to reinforce the other City may be a good idea. But attacking blind or when victory is not guaranteed carries rather significant risks!
Oct 31, 2018, 02:4910/31/18
09/23/15

BAZOOKA said:

lets say that i want to liberate my city from a siege. what type of units i send???  offensive or defensive?? 

so far that is not very clear to me 

Thanks

Firstly you need to scout no matter if is your city under a siege or a friend city.

When you liberate you send offense units.

if you are online and you see an income of a siege you will use your defense units if you wish to defend.

Not always is profitable to defend your city because as we know units are hard to build time consuming and better to use them hitting Persian positions.

If you defend your city make sure you know your enemy and have enough defense to kill your enemy and you can do this with the help of your friends, team mates or with help from alliance of coalitions.

Build up your Traps  and wall defense as those are the first to take the hit before reaching your units.

Do not forget to add your boosts accordingly  as you can find them:

- from Market  in GPs tab -> defense or offense enhancer  10% at a cost of 125 Gps for 4 hours

- in my Items ( down to the left hand side of your game page , marked as + ) 

*depending of your intentions will add either defensive bonus to your units or offensive bonus to your units)

-at 400 Drachmas or 125 Gps for 20%for 4 hours 
-at 250 Drahmas or 125 G[s for 10%for 4 hours

If you want to avoid the fight to fight another day when you ready, then you can choose :

City Defense 
- 1 day protect your city from all attacks
-8 hours protect your city from all attacks
-3 days protect your city from spying
-Increase city defense bonus

At Phylarch 

you can upgrade and select:

-unit defense or offense bonus
- city defense bonus up to 30%

Good luck I hope this helps.