11/05/14

Great tactical advantage

Jun 4, 2015, 22:2406/04/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

Good new

Jun 8, 2015, 12:4406/08/15
02/02/15

Warriors, there are several types of tasks in the Tournament.

If you don't enjoy one, you can always choose to participate more actively in another.

I hope that everything is fine now!

Jun 12, 2015, 05:1806/12/15
Jun 28, 2015, 18:19(edited)
08/25/14

Actually, the problem isn't for attackers, but for defenders.

We didn't ask anything, then got 200 reports a day and even more !

Most of attackers would strangely smash their horses and other good troops without any result (I don't even know if they get any point for behaving so weird), some of them manage to kill some of our defense and we spend lots of time sending fresh troops to pantheons... It's quite boring in the end and takes lots of time we'd need for real life and work !

Fortunately, we earned lots of points, giving drachmas, scrolls and troops to compensate. And the 75% revival rate came handy. :)

I've also taken the habit to raid players attacking our pantheons, hoping they'll learn to try elsewhere, but there's just too many of them ! :p

Jun 13, 2015, 15:0106/13/15
01/08/15

making friend is hard, finding an enemy is easy

a coalition with pantheon always got enemy around the globe, 5% of the population that hit you're pantheon already enough to cause mere damage to your unit.

instead without them, the world will get lonely and no challenge at all

Thanks you random attacker for making the Pantheon Event fun.

Jun 16, 2015, 09:3406/16/15
08/25/14

Actually... Thank you SeeBeyond to have the balls to actually TAKE one of our pantheons during each event (and not only ours, apparently ^^).

THIS was sports. And was probably what was intented by the game makers when they launched this pantheons contest.

We then had some good duel at his city (as I raided him, as announced :D ) and he proved to be a good player, and a very fair play one. Actually, he's now my friend, which didn't prevent from taking one of our pantheons again during the second tournament. :D 

At least he doesn't fake it, and we have to take it back, which is real action for once.

No, really, I hate those flies dancing around. They're no fun at all.

Jun 17, 2015, 11:3706/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:53(edited)
11/05/14

Quick Q - how the hell are you calculating the points given for Construction tournament ?

What gives us more points and what doesnt ? 

Jun 18, 2015, 00:1406/18/15
Jun 18, 2015, 08:10(edited)
08/25/14

It's very hard for me to answer on this as I only have 2 lighthouse levels left, and last time I upgraded it, it finished the next week (though in time to get the points lol).

It's hard to say if it's 1 point per upgrade or if it depends on the level. Probably the 2nd answer. It's easier to check with agreements, as I don't think anybody is over yet with all of them. The lower level ones are more quickly finished, and I'll try to evaluate how much I get from them, after my current Rome upgrade is finished (hopefully in time).

I will answer you here then. ;)

Jun 18, 2015, 07:4406/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:55(edited)
11/05/14

ThatBloke said:

It's very hard for me to answer on this as I only have 2 lighthouse levels left, and last time I upgraded it, it finished the next week (though in time to get the points lol).

It's hard to say if it's 1 point per upgrade or if it depends on the level. Probably the 2nd answer. It's easier to check with agreements, as I don't think anybody is over yet with all of them. The lower level ones are more quickly finished, and I'll try to evaluate how much I get from them, after my current Rome upgrade is finished (hopefully in time).

I will answer you here then. ;)

There should be some sort of 'table' that shows how much points you will get for a specific updates - e.g. Building Level 5-> 6 = 10points. Agr level 8->9 = 25 points.

Jun 18, 2015, 08:1506/18/15
Jun 18, 2015, 08:17(edited)
08/25/14

I agree a table would help, but you'll notice most of these data are left intuitive (it's often done on purpose by some games wanting to keep the organic hazards of war feeling rather than having players battle with figures :p)

However, there has to be a table in the code, f course.

I still have at least a hint for you, as I hadn't noticed my last agreements had been taken in account already when I posted this morning, though I didn't have clicked on the tournament start button yet before it finished : the level 11 Genoa agreement granted me 45 points.

It's probably going to get clearer as other players publish their figures so you can build your own table... :)

Jun 27, 2015, 18:2406/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:39(edited)
11/05/14

why arnt we having tournaments against each other

Jun 28, 2015, 02:1506/28/15
08/25/14

Hello Archon,

All tournaments are against each other already when they are PVP (i.e. not against Persians)

All tournaments are against each other if you're take the ranking aspect in account...

Jun 30, 2015, 19:5806/30/15
Aug 26, 2019, 12:04(edited)

What has happened to the positions takeover rewards???  They seem much worse than before and also some are different - but no GPs?

And the development tournament makes no sense unless rewards are given for starting an upgrade. I am lucky as I got two 3 day upgrades finishing in time. But that is the problem - it is just luck if your upgrades take days to complete and finish during the tournament.

One last point - the news item pictures for these tournaments are misleading as they show a wreath for GPs - but none are available.

Jul 1, 2015, 07:5807/01/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:40(edited)
11/05/14

its not worth the wait and someting shoold be done about it!!

Jul 1, 2015, 12:1807/01/15
02/02/15

@battleking, there were no changes in Positions takeovers, you receive GPs as reward doing Missions (special campaign Positions) as before.

One last point - the news item pictures for these tournaments are misleading as they show a wreath for GPs - but none are available.

Thank you for your notice, I will check that with the Ephors.

Jul 1, 2015, 13:5707/01/15
Aug 26, 2019, 12:04(edited)

@battleking, there were no changes in Positions takeovers, you receive GPs as reward doing Missions (special campaign Positions) as before.

Well something has changed - I got GPs for position takeover tournament ending 25 june:

[12:03] Leonidas: The Position Takeover Tournament has finished!
Good work, Archon! Your contribution of 177 points has not gone unnoticed.
You earned the following rewards:

Drachmas: 35
GPs: 5
Dominion Points: 3
Mystery Chest: 1. Total Elixirs: 1 (of Level 1): 1
Spartan Promachos: 5
Strive to achieve the maximum Tournament reward next time! Glory awaits!

Here is the list of Archons who excelled in the Tournament and made it into the top Rankings! Try to keep up with them, Archon!

Jul 3, 2015, 08:4507/03/15
Jul 3, 2015, 08:47(edited)
01/08/15

When Pvp Warfare Event, trying to find some lunatic with so many army at colony and rape as much as you can for the point.

The Fact: Most colony conquer never intended to put any army there

Conclusion: Scout random city for random army to kill to get point, when thing goes bad, just send them to nearest Pantheon and slaughter there.

When Persian Position Event, Just send 1 jav to scout an defensive position and myrmidon/spartan hoplite/Sariss to scout the persians army.

The Fact: Losing men in persian actually let you gain new troops and less stress of losing you're army

Conclusion: Sometime bad thing happen, where the reward is resource and less unit but it can avoidable by ensuring you have 80% of the resource in hand and mostly given unit as reward rather than resource.

When Pantheon Takeover Event, Just prepare 200k offensive and throw them at random defended pantheon, although you may lose this 200k army but the point given is 3x more than PVP warfare.

The Fact: Losing unit in this event is worth because you actually get alot point and 2x value the reward than normal event.

Conclusion: Don't think, just send in the offensive army and easy reward.

Build Up Event, this is the most irritating event i hate the most, where most building level so high with 3 4 5 6 day to complete and the booster boost all the way and the reward is the most lousy ever.

The Fact: Ignore this event and stop spending anything to it, because it aint worth the cost

Conclusion: Spending drachma or booster just for the Myrmidon and peltast, you got to be kidding me, best spend those booster on unit or important thing than this event, just SKIP it and no hard feeling.

Jul 3, 2015, 11:1007/03/15
08/25/14

Aha, I'm in a mood to contradict somebody tonight... ;)

PrimeGuardian said:

When Pvp Warfare Event, trying to find some lunatic with so many army at colony and rape as much as you can for the point.

The Fact: Most colony conquer never intended to put any army there

Conclusion: Scout random city for random army to kill to get point, when thing goes bad, just send them to nearest Pantheon and slaughter there.

Maybe just my opinion, but raiding random cities is probably the best way to make you too many ennemies to manage at the same time in the end.

I never aggress any random player. I'm quite the peaceful guy, actually...

However, there will always bee freaks to dare take my colonies without kindly asking for a share, and they're really looking for the stick to get spanked... So this is how I usually get PVP point, punishing offenders who enrolled themselves ! :p

Sometimes I may also raid people raiding my friends or our pantheons... There are actually too many people deserving a spank to leave me any time for hitting random innocents, even if I had time for this !

PrimeGuardian said:

When Persian Position Event, Just send 1 jav to scout an defensive position and myrmidon/spartan hoplite/Sariss to scout the persians army.

The Fact: Losing men in persian actually let you gain new troops and less stress of losing you're army

Conclusion: Sometime bad thing happen, where the reward is resource and less unit but it can avoidable by ensuring you have 80% of the resource in hand and mostly given unit as reward rather than resource.

Well, yes, they're to be done anyway, that's how you get an actual army.

What you can do is paying back the bank, patiently grinding positions during the week using fodder to weaken them down without finishing them, then wait for the positions event to finish them, and get both the tournament rewards and the payouts. ;)

PrimeGuardian said:

When Pantheon Takeover Event, Just prepare 200k offensive and throw them at random defended pantheon, although you may lose this 200k army but the point given is 3x more than PVP warfare.

The Fact: Losing unit in this event is worth because you actually get alot point and 2x value the reward than normal event.

Conclusion: Don't think, just send in the offensive army and easy reward.

Well, I've always wondered if you got anything from these when doing zero damage, with is most often the case.

Maybe there's something twisted there, as, as somebody pointed out elsewhere, the game seems to grant more PVP ponits when you just uselessly lose troops than when you actually fulfill the theorical goal of killing ennemies... This is somewhat disturbing me, actually.

I hope at least the reward is worth all the waste, as it's damn annoying for us defenders to refill all day long, not even talking about the hundredths of reports... :(

Well, at least, we do get tournament points without any other effort than refilling the pantheons. That is, when you actually manage to kill anything, of course.

Else if it was just me, this is just the even where I had written "ignore this one and leave us alone !" ;) lol

Plus "hitting random pantheons"... Very bad idea. ;) I've been compiling and updating the complete list of people having hit our pantheons and having actually killed at least one defender in them... Everybody on this list is open for raiding every time, his city, his protectorates andcolonies, and when several members of the same coalition are spotted, their whole coalition might be marked for free hunting as well, so think carefully about whose tiger you're pulling the tail... ;) 

PrimeGuardian said:

Build Up Event, this is the most irritating event i hate the most, where most building level so high with 3 4 5 6 day to complete and the booster boost all the way and the reward is the most lousy ever.

The Fact: Ignore this event and stop spending anything to it, because it aint worth the cost

Conclusion: Spending drachma or booster just for the Myrmidon and peltast, you got to be kidding me, best spend those booster on unit or important thing than this event, just SKIP it and no hard feeling.

This one is damn easy, except when you've finished all, or almost finished.

Even there, only one high level agreement gives you almost half the maximum points, so really, easy stuff.

Beginners will finish lots of small ones and will have lots of buildings at the same time, while veterans will finish just one big agreement for the same result, so this one really is for everybody.

And there are those basic Roman and Carthaginian ones that are out of the quests circuit, where you could still keep some to do only when this event is on.

Jul 3, 2015, 13:0607/03/15
01/08/15

Pantheon Take over that pay 2x the reward for sending you're army there just to get killed.

normally those who build 2 type of unit that use for this kind of event

The Myrmidon/Spartan Hoplite

The Hoplite of Light Infantry

when sending this type of unit to get killed at pan, the raider actually get 2x the point of losing the unit they send and easy claim the reward of promachos or thuerephoros

we call Swapping event where low unit were sacrifice to get higher class unit.

not because they wanna make enemy but the point payout is very very high and easy to reach the specific target you wanted.

Don't worry it not under 2x coalition Pantheon Takeover event, if that appear, you notice the pantheon will get hit more than several time by global player that turn into global ENEMY.

by that time come, do you have enough Political to bomb them, if so there nothing left to bomb after all their army just hiding at acropolis and sing Happy New Year Song

Jul 4, 2015, 02:2407/04/15
08/25/14

I was actually wondering if it was worthy at all...

You answered my question.

So it's actually some kind of Persians positions warfare, only it bothers other players...

I'm surprised you're rewarded for just wasting troops, whatever the actual result (that's why it's Persians-like).

Since we've got peace agreements with other big coalitions, I'm afraid our only option would then to hit the smaller ones... Though anyway, they're the ones who are currently bothering us during those events (when they own a pantheon, of course). This would be bullying the weakests in my opinion, but since we've got no real opther options and some of them are actually looking for trouble hitting us, they'll get what they've sowed. Not sure they'll appreciate, though. ^^