Updated Position Takeover Tournament!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 25, 2015, 18:3811/25/15
02/02/15

Earn Tournament Points For Each Persian Warrior!

Archons!

Some changes have been made to the Position Takeover Tournaments!

From now on, rather than receiving a large amount of Tournament Points upon clearing a Position, you shall receive Points for every Persian Unit you defeat. Stronger Units shall grant more Points than weaker Units.

Thus, you shall receive points even if you do not complete the Position before the Tournament's end!

Go forward, and make Xerxes regret venturing into Hellas!

Basileus Leonidas

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 25, 2015, 18:4311/25/15
04/06/15
Nov 25, 2015, 21:2111/25/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
Nov 26, 2015, 01:5011/26/15
Nov 26, 2015, 01:52(edited)
08/25/14

johnthaman said:

Hello Archon,

For once, the change has quite slight effects in most situations.

If you were used to attack and finish positions on the go, I guess the marking will be the same.

If you were used to chip down positions and wait for the tournamentsto finish them down, then yes, i agree it will have effects, but now you'll know and just build troops, keep them until the tournament and use them then.

The major change concerns players hitting very high level positions.

Now they have the possibility to chip them down, rebuild, and eventually wait for the next tournament to go on, leaving them time to breathe and rebuild fodder.

The important difference in their case is they'll earn tournament points and rewards for that, even if they couldn't finish a level 125 position...

Of course, they keep the possibility ot accumulate troops and wait for a tournament to strike in one shot if they wish to, so it won't change anything in this case, especially towards the number of points eanred at once and the matching rewards.

So in the end, the new system appears to be more flexible, as it allows you to play additional styles, while not preventing you from playing one shots if you can or like.

Dec 2, 2015, 20:4612/02/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14
Thats a nice change, thanks
Dec 4, 2015, 16:5012/04/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:03(edited)
11/05/14
This change totally screws up with our previous rotation, we usually weaken Persian positions for XP tournaments to get points before finishing it in the Position Tournaments for points.
Dec 7, 2015, 11:2012/07/15
02/02/15

It was really frustrating when you worked away at your last Position but didn’t manage to clear it until after the end of Position Takeover Tournament, wasn’t it? Now, you will get the Tournament points you deserve for your efforts in such cases.

I think that this is a good change. So instead of gaining Tournament Points only for successfully clearing Positions, you will be getting Points for Persian Units you destroy even when you fail to conquer the Position. 

The total number of Tournament Points received from Positions remains the same. Only their distribution mechanics have been altered: you will receive Tournament Points regardless of whether the Position was cleared – they are now issued per Unit eliminated, rather than per Position cleared. 

Dec 12, 2015, 11:1412/12/15
10/20/15

ThatBloke said:

johnthaman said:

Hello Archon,

For once, the change has quite slight effects in most situations.

If you were used to attack and finish positions on the go, I guess the marking will be the same.

If you were used to chip down positions and wait for the tournamentsto finish them down, then yes, i agree it will have effects, but now you'll know and just build troops, keep them until the tournament and use them then.

The major change concerns players hitting very high level positions.

Now they have the possibility to chip them down, rebuild, and eventually wait for the next tournament to go on, leaving them time to breathe and rebuild fodder.

The important difference in their case is they'll earn tournament points and rewards for that, even if they couldn't finish a level 125 position...

Of course, they keep the possibility ot accumulate troops and wait for a tournament to strike in one shot if they wish to, so it won't change anything in this case, especially towards the number of points eanred at once and the matching rewards.

So in the end, the new system appears to be more flexible, as it allows you to play additional styles, while not preventing you from playing one shots if you can or like.

You're right but it still is an issue for archons like me who can't feed that many soldiers : we can't wait for the tournaments by accumulating thousands of swordsmen or whatever ! So it's definitely a bad change forsomeof us.

Plus, of course, the day the change was made, I finished the positions I had weakened -without receiving points- and when finishing them, I received... 1 point for the last few soldiers :/ 
Dec 20, 2015, 01:4412/20/15
08/25/14

Yes, it's a problem I currently massively have actually... :p

My grain counter is ticking back so fast you can't catch it running ! LOL

However, don't forget the desertion feature has been removed, so your newly produced troops won't dismiss anymore if your grain drops down to 0.

The grain issue is mostly about having to use it quicly after raiding before it vanishes... :p

I agree it's a problem when trying to upgrade Sparta or other expensive agreements, as you need your granaries almost full, which is difficult to achieve with your grain dropping almost as afast as you're filling them in ! :D LOL

I generally use a resource pack then quickly click on the agreement upgrade... ;)

Anyway, it doesn't prevent me from piling up infantry for the next tournament. Indeed, my troops counter drops down by several thousandths after each of them, but it generally raises back from the payouts... And since I'm swapping infantry for cavalry and phalanx, my grain balance generally worsens... :D

I'm not far from losing 1 grain per second now... It'll probably happen by the next payout actually. ^^ Well, I agree it's challenging, but it's still not too much crippling.

Dec 28, 2015, 14:1012/28/15
10/20/15

Yes, the fact that our troops don't dismiss anymore doesn't make this issue too serious. Otherwise it would have been really annoying !

I can't afford to lose thousands of javelineers or swordsmen at each Persian tournament, you are doing it at a much larger scale than I :p But well I guess you 've been playing for quite a long time now...
Dec 29, 2015, 08:4012/29/15
08/25/14

Don't forget the only troops that dismissed were the ones that were stationned on your walls, outside your acropolis.

As such, it mostly affected beginner's newly produced troops, as they could always afford raiding enough to feed them during the night, while high end players could fill up their granaries before logging out.

All other troops (inside the acropolis, besieging cities or colonies, defending friends or pantheons, marching or returning) were 100% unaffected anyway.