Important! Sparta: War of Empires is going back to Flash

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Dec 26, 2018, 11:0412/26/18
02/14/17

Important! Sparta: War of Empires is going back to Flash

Archons,

Based on your feedback, Sparta: War of Empires will soon be moving back to Flash!

We did a performance comparison and noticed that Flash is currently more stable than WebGL.

To make your game experience smoother, we've made a decision to transfer all users back to the Flash engine. You should not experience any difficulties during the transfer as your progress will be saved.

For the best experience, download the Plarium Play desktop application to play Sparta: War of Empires. It's more stable and you'll benefit from faster Unit speed.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!

Basileus Leonidas

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 26, 2018, 18:3012/26/18
03/13/16
lol
Dec 26, 2018, 21:0512/26/18
03/10/15

i know in spain the innocent day (aprils fool)  is the 28th december ....

in which country is the 26th?
Dec 26, 2018, 22:5912/26/18
10/09/17

Basileus Leonidas

Thank You

Duke

Dec 27, 2018, 19:5912/27/18
12/29/14
exasperating to say the least, and I am not going to go into my history with WEBGL.
Dec 28, 2018, 04:2912/28/18
03/11/15
nest joke for x-mas or? you guys are so funny so much work for nothing and all ppl that got switched to webgl before said it to you and now month later you find it out and listen to ppl that wont see it any more cause they stopped playing. i think you must not do that work again cause then you will lose much more players.
Dec 28, 2018, 07:3312/28/18
03/10/15

its been nearly a year that we have been telling them that webgl doesn't work well, since they first put it there for people to test.

what worries me if this is not a joke, what are they going to do now? because Adobe Will No Longer Support Flash after 2020. Adobe announced the termination of Flash by the end of 2020. so the game finish there or are you going to test something else and we are going to have another year of hell and problems like this one?

app is not the solution, and its also giving many problems lately.

Dec 28, 2018, 13:4712/28/18
12/21/14
I liked the WebGL interface much more. Everything from the units, numbers, and visuals, seemed to be of higher picture quality. 
Dec 29, 2018, 10:1212/29/18
03/02/16
good news, webgl look like the crappy vista failure
Jan 3, 2019, 15:0301/03/19
02/29/16

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

its been nearly a year that we have been telling them that webgl doesn't work well, since they first put it there for people to test.

what worries me if this is not a joke, what are they going to do now? because Adobe Will No Longer Support Flash after 2020. Adobe announced the termination of Flash by the end of 2020. so the game finish there or are you going to test something else and we are going to have another year of hell and problems like this one?

Hello!

We know that Adobe won't support Flash starting from 2020. 

The decision to close WebGL project was a difficult one, but devs took into account all factors, advantages, and disadvantages of this engine and made this choice. They're working on the alternative solution now.

The games will keep alive and they won't die in 2020. 

You have nothing to be worried about. 
Jan 3, 2019, 17:5901/03/19
03/10/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

The decision to close WebGL project was a difficult one, but devs took into account all factors, advantages, and disadvantages of this engine and made this choice. They're working on the alternative solution now.

thanks alina, i hope plarium realise that if devs would have worked closer to players, or listened more seriously to the comments made since january, maybe the decision would have not taken a year, that would have saved plarium a lots of money and time. maybe this time they do like other companies that create a beta server for testing, not playing till perfect, (so they dont disrupt us like they have done all year for nothing) they could ask for real beta players to test and listen to their comments 

what worries me is if plariun do again the same thing, i dont think many players will stay if we have another horrible game year like the last one...
Jan 3, 2019, 19:5401/03/19
10/09/17

game now back to pretty much the way it was:

friends list back, can recharge guardians, apply chronos favors, send full amt offense when attacking emporium and ,last but not least,

copy and paste are working

thanks for going back to flash

game is definitely more enjoyable

Duke
Jan 4, 2019, 01:4001/04/19
Jan 4, 2019, 01:41(edited)
12/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

COOLIO said:

I have a loading issue with the Plarium Play app and posted on the bug reports section, but have not received a response in 10 days.

Should I send an email to support or something? What is the address? Here is the link: https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/bug-reports/108574_loading-issues-19/5/

Hello :)

I see the Support team replied to your questions.
Hello, Alina. Yes, the support team has responded to my issue. Thank you. 

Jan 9, 2019, 10:4201/09/19
02/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

thanks alina, i hope plarium realise that if devs would have worked closer to players, or listened more seriously to the comments made since january, maybe the decision would have not taken a year, that would have saved plarium a lots of money and time. maybe this time they do like other companies that create a beta server for testing, not playing till perfect, (so they dont disrupt us like they have done all year for nothing) they could ask for real beta players to test and listen to their comments 

what worries me is if plariun do again the same thing, i dont think many players will stay if we have another horrible game year like the last one...

Yes, the lesson is learned, Fortuna. 

For now, there are no plans to make such global change as it was done with WebGL. We understand that such decisions have a serious impact on players. So, devs are working on a smoother solution for the situation with FlashPlayer end time.
Jan 9, 2019, 10:4301/09/19
02/29/16

DukeNukem said:

game now back to pretty much the way it was:

friends list back, can recharge guardians, apply chronos favors, send full amt offense when attacking emporium and ,last but not least,

copy and paste are working

thanks for going back to flash

game is definitely more enjoyable

Duke

Thanks for your feedback, Duke!

It's a great pleasure to hear the game is working smoother now