He Who Has the Most Money, Wins

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 30, 2017, 20:3608/30/17
11/17/14

Yeah, it took me this long to finally figure that out.  There are coiners on right now who have destroyed all Sparta strategy in how COAs can win in this game.  There are no strategies.   There is just money.   I am bitterly disappointed.
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 30, 2017, 20:3908/30/17
09/17/15
and who are you with ? what coalition ? 
Aug 30, 2017, 22:1508/30/17
11/17/14
Does Plarium hope that I will be inspired now to spend a few hundred dollars to win in the same way?    Well, I say not on your life.  I spent two years believing in this game all to have it crash down by some high spending coiners.  There is no room in this game for inspired players who give Plarium $10 to $50 a month?   There is only room for big spenders.  Well, I'm out.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 31, 2017, 07:4208/31/17
09/17/15

Each and every player in Sparta: War of Empires can reach TOP positions. That, however, requires a lot of time, Resources, Units, and considerable effort. Alternatively, you can use a special Resource - Drachmas - to develop your City and increase military power to dominate the map. Everyone can get Drachmas for free simply playing the game actively, i.e. participating in Tournaments, capturing Emporia, completing quests and Achievements, etc. 

Some players decide in favor of in-app purchases to save time. It allows them to progress a little faster. Sparta: War of Empires is free-to-play, and like any other game of this type it gives all players free access to all game features and an opportunity to accelerate their progress with in-app purchases. It is not unfair that players taking this route, thus supporting the development of the game, enjoy certain advantages. Again, all these advantages may be summarized in one word - time. It takes less time to advance, but does not change the core of what every player needs to do to develop their City and grow military power. Moreover, there is a number of in-game limits so no one player can dominate an entire server. Therefore, when we develop a new feature, we make sure it will not negatively affect the game balance.  

Yet another thing to consider is the social aspect of our games, which is extremely important. We want our players to unite in Coalitions and build Alliances to become stronger. We understand that it is hard to compete against stronger players -- it has always been, in any game -- and that is why we pay so much attention to various Coalition activities and give players an opportunity to unite against a stronger enemy. If you have any suggestions as to how this part of the game can be improved, we will be happy to hear from you. 

Aug 31, 2017, 10:1608/31/17
Aug 31, 2017, 10:19(edited)
01/05/16
agreed to alyona
Aug 31, 2017, 18:2308/31/17
Aug 31, 2017, 19:14(edited)
11/17/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Each and every player in Sparta: War of Empires can reach TOP positions. That, however, requires a lot of time, Resources, Units, and considerable effort. Alternatively, you can use a special Resource - Drachmas - to develop your City and increase military power to dominate the map. Everyone can get Drachmas for free simply playing the game actively, i.e. participating in Tournaments, capturing Emporia, completing quests and Achievements, etc. 

Some players decide in favor of in-app purchases to save time. It allows them to progress a little faster. Sparta: War of Empires is free-to-play, and like any other game of this type it gives all players free access to all game features and an opportunity to accelerate their progress with in-app purchases. It is not unfair that players taking this route, thus supporting the development of the game, enjoy certain advantages. Again, all these advantages may be summarized in one word - time. It takes less time to advance, but does not change the core of what every player needs to do to develop their City and grow military power. Moreover, there is a number of in-game limits so no one player can dominate an entire server. Therefore, when we develop a new feature, we make sure it will not negatively affect the game balance.  

Yet another thing to consider is the social aspect of our games, which is extremely important. We want our players to unite in Coalitions and build Alliances to become stronger. We understand that it is hard to compete against stronger players -- it has always been, in any game -- and that is why we pay so much attention to various Coalition activities and give players an opportunity to unite against a stronger enemy. If you have any suggestions as to how this part of the game can be improved, we will be happy to hear from you. 

But Plarium FAVORS big time coiners, right?  Did you know Plarium REVIVED ALL OF THE DEAD TROOPS of the big coiners that fought us FOR FREE???  FREE!!!  And I am talking about DURING PAN MASACRE How can you play against that???

I feel that Plarium has RIPPED ME OFF of my time and MY money and I will not be a fool playing this game any longer.
Aug 31, 2017, 21:3308/31/17
Sep 1, 2017, 02:08(edited)
08/22/15

"It allows them to progress a little faster" - A little faster , hahahahahahaa , if years ahead is little.

Plus1:

THE BAD

Same Plarium Format - Plarium make popular strategy MMOs, unfortunately there isn't that much separating them from each other apart from different themes; most of their features are copy pasted from their previous titles and the gameplay is always the same from game to game

Pricey to be Competitive - One of the unfortunate similarities between Plarium's titles is an unfortunate Pay to Win element for late game competitive players; getting ahead and being able to hold your own against those who spend a lot of cash on the game typically needs to be met by spending cash yourself

It Takes Forever To Do Anything - Initially players can rush a lot of items, and low level upgrades do not take too long, lulling you into a false sense of security; pretty soon it takes ridiculously long amounts of time to build or train up new units and very heavily "encourages" players to spend cash so as not to have to wait around for what they want

High Level Players - Once a player loses their new player status and is found by a higher level player, they can pretty much lose all their defending units and all their resources overnight, waking up in the morning and finding their weeks and months of hard work lost to a single high level player which can be very frustrating and defeating, also....

...They Can Keep Coming Back - Once a player has found you and found out they can defeat you, you essentially become a farm for them to just keep destroying and raiding every time you build up some resources as it becomes almost impossible to keep enough of your assets needed for big upgrades that allow you to protect more of your stored resources

Source (F2P) : https://www.f2p.com/sparta-war-empires-good-bad/

Plus2:

Plarium has been sold , the transaction is expected to complete by the end of December 2017.

Source: http://member.afraccess.com/media?id=CMN://2A1028542&filename=20170810/ALL_01882447.pdf

Touche ! Amazing business !

Sep 1, 2017, 22:1409/01/17
11/17/14
As a parting shot for the ILLEGAL WAR that Plarium arranged I called my bank and told them that I was ripped off.  I am getting back every penny that I spent being a fool for Plarium in the month of August.
Sep 2, 2017, 02:0509/02/17
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

thats just LIE, plain and simple. I don't need to give math example again how NOBODY can't reach top without plarium support or massive coin+plarium support
Sep 2, 2017, 12:4709/02/17
04/17/16

Another idi.ots without life wich like  to bully , only because they don't have for what  to spend money in other place in real -life ,because   this game it's  their life
Sep 2, 2017, 14:2309/02/17
09/17/15
an AHOLE said:

VodkaRedBull said:

Look who it is.  You board mr. vodka tonic? Need to beat on anymore smaller coalitions? Why don't you hit nordmann or cultus capital? 
? i never attack without reason :) 
Sep 2, 2017, 15:0009/02/17
04/17/16
an AHOLE said:

VodkaRedBull said:

Look who it is.  You board mr. vodka tonic? Need to beat on anymore smaller coalitions? Why don't you hit nordmann or cultus capital? 
they are to afraid ..and attack only  like cowards those  wich can't hit back ...
Sep 2, 2017, 16:0509/02/17
01/10/16

...grabs the popcorn

LMAO:))

...this is better entertainment than a Netflix binge!

Sep 2, 2017, 17:5909/02/17
09/17/15

Bria Alexandru said:

an AHOLE said:

VodkaRedBull said:

they are to afraid ..and attack only  like cowards those  wich can't hit back ...

really ? haha thats why hob just came out of the biggest most bloodiest war that sparta has ever seen nor will ever see ? 

if you want to make a point maybe first get your facts straight haha 

have a nice day :) 
Sep 2, 2017, 20:2309/02/17
11/05/15

d3vnul said:

We are talking about Tanks here , while i bet you talk about some pennies. Out of curiosity , in how much time do you believe your Entire coa could kill someone like Agim ? Let me guess , like never ? What you say only seems a distraction. Team-play works great i agree with that , but not when you deal with Monsters :) 

We deal with people like that every weekend, every PvP and every Pan tournament, we are in the longest running alliance war in Sparta History 

And don't tell me that an army like Agim's is built using smart strategies or tournaments , nobody will ever believe you no matter how many tries you will make. 

He is almost certainly a big coiner however how long can he sustain that level of spend? 

The only methods that i can think of :

1) Money , lots of money. Money again , maybe collective money gathering by more players and then he will make a deal with an AGENT for a mega super deal ( imagine making a deal with the vip agent or the agent's manager for lets say few million drachmas , i know they are open for deals ) 

VIP's have 1) a budget that they cant go over and 2) They are monitored to ensure they dont do this 

2) Some PP tricks that are not public shared (maybe inside info , maybe something else + revivals - money again) 

There are persian tricks, there is also smart play, combining tournaments, combining rewards 

3) Old/Current bugs that may lead to something like that 

In 3 years of playing I have never come across a bug such as this, ALL the bugs I have ever seen have been detrimental to play and the coiners are the biggest whingers about them 

4) Provided army by plarium with the intent to destabilize and make more sales from everyone. 

Doesnt happen - never will happen 

Any other option is pure lies , my two cents.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it however it is erroneous 

Also my last post on the forums since there's nothing to spend time for , tired to see moderators/managers that only defend and find excuses or alternative stories to make the smaller peps believe they can reach top ranks and BS without spending ***load of money.

I have never defended Plarium when I think they are wrong about something, none of the mods do and we are actually some of the biggest advocates you guys will have, we will always side with good gameplay, honest dealings and have many times protested not only about game additions that are wrong for the majority of players but also actually prevented some additions being made that we knew would hamper game play. The only difference is we do it privately, politely and respectfully 

Our 2 functions here are to 1) help players with their game play and knowledge (95% of the wikki, the "how to" guides are written by the mod team) and to ensure that forum rules are adhered to, followed and understood, we are NOT here to "defend and find excuses" and we never will be 

RIP Sparta  - War of Wallets !

Sep 2, 2017, 21:1209/02/17
04/17/16
VodkaRedBull said:

Bria Alexandru said:

an AHOLE said:

VodkaRedBull said:

really ? haha thats why hob just came out of the biggest most bloodiest war that sparta has ever seen nor will ever see ? 

mate you are full of sh.it  ... how was an war if even wasn't declared the state of war  between HOB and Cultus ??  ...i will tell  you because  you guys were to cowards to do that  ..continue  attacking the weaks  thinking you are great ....
Sep 2, 2017, 21:4609/02/17
09/17/15
Bria Alexandru said:

VodkaRedBull said:

Bria Alexandru said:

an AHOLE said:

VodkaRedBull said:

mate you are full of sh.it  ... how was an war if even wasn't declared the state of war  between HOB and Cultus ??  ...i will tell  you because  you guys were to cowards to do that  ..continue  attacking the weaks  thinking you are great ....
hahaha sure :) you have no isea what you are talking about ... now who are you anyways ans what is your coalition please enlighten me 
Sep 2, 2017, 21:5209/02/17
03/17/15
VodkaRedBull said:

hahaha sure :) you have no isea what you are talking about ... now who are you anyways ans what is your coalition please enlighten me 
He's from Cultus, what you gonna do about it? NOTHING 
Sep 2, 2017, 21:5409/02/17
09/08/15

There has always been coiners but it is true that the new features (+50% off/def, general's bonuses, phylarch...) tend to increase the gap between occasional coiners and massive ones.

Also, if coiners are in separate coalitions it is kind of balanced but now Nordmann is recruiting all the big hitters... the only good thing is that these guys always get bored eventually...
Sep 2, 2017, 21:5809/02/17
08/02/17

bria is of coa olympus mons named ferdie 

now he will lie its not him and try to save his butt but its him 100%
Sep 2, 2017, 22:1109/02/17
Sep 2, 2017, 22:18(edited)
01/05/16

hello :)

i am totally against bullies , but you cannot blame plarium on this one , you can on other BS stuff they do though ;)

they have offers for players to buy , so if players buy offers , good for them , if you cant , then you cant envy those who can .

and you cant even blame the coiners , they got money to swipe their cards to buy those offers , then why wont they? 

you cannot sit and whine for plarium to stop coiners , that simply wont happen no matter how hard you try , fact , so get on with it mate , if your crying over losing a pantheon or having your capital downgraded by one player , perhaps you should work more on that defence , in one month a non coiner , one player can make 4 million defence/offence , either 1 , but 4 million is assured if you have all camps running , either all camps only off or def , so one member 4 million per month , so 70 members is 70 x 4million permonth = 280 million , so in all these months you shouldve had more defence in your cap or pan , whatever it is your whining about , dont hold a pantheon or upgrade your cap in the first place. assuming you have less than 70 members , you still make more tan 100' s of millions in defence.

as much as i hate bullies and my coalition stands against it , to me the only bullies here seem like you guys cussing everyone , calm down and breathe some fresh air , perhaps you may think better and know the right person to blame and talk in a better and respectful way , your name "A hole" itself is disrespectful and offensive , and so is your verbal nature , your the only bully i see here in the midst of mature respectful individuals. 

takecare dude , and grow the F up :)

punisher-