TO MUCH MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 10, 2022, 18:4703/10/22
02/05/16

I used to be able buy packages for  99.cents  up to 9.99 now for the same packages they want 21.99 to 99.99 dollares. talk about rip off. You are basicallly buying air and getting nothing in return. AND IF YOU DO PISIAN POSITIONS YOU LOSE YOUR ARMY WITH NO RETURN  TO BUILD YOUR ARMY. THEY MADE IT TO HARD TO BUILD YOUR ARMIES $$ :-(

Views
Comments
Comments
KatiaModerator
Mar 10, 2022, 21:3503/10/22
01/31/18

Hello, Bog cf. Basically,  the first offers are something like promotions, it is why they are cheap. When we purchase these offers,  the rest offers have the normal prices. The game is free to play, so if you don't like the prices, you can wait for a better offer.  

Mar 11, 2022, 11:5403/11/22
12/02/16

Hi, as far as I know the low price packages didn't changed dramatically over the last years (for small amout of purchase), and they are decided mainly by automatic computer calculations. I spend little on this game, and track the packages for years, so you can say I am an expert on low price packages :). 

Preliminary condition to get a good low price package is to wait a month without buying. Sooner or later you will get 2 good packages.

package 1 - 10$ for 20k drachmas + units. With this and 50k drachmas + 20k free drachmas, bottom line is 25$ for 70k drachmas + hundreds of phalanxes and other rewards.

package 2 - ratio of 1:3 for $ to drachmas, without units. This means for 20$ you get 70k drachmas.

Notice if you buy to buy all at the same time. Waiting for the next day the prices will increase a lot.

When you spend drachmas, only during the 35% refund event or during a bigger discount daily event.

And persian positions, I reccomended in another post not to play it too much, as you loose a lot of army/real life money.

Mar 21, 2022, 01:5903/21/22
Mar 21, 2022, 02:01(edited)
02/27/17

It is all based on how much money people decide to spend.

Those who decide not to spend money can't compete with those who do. 

End of story. It is pay to win. 

As a side note:

The problem with the game is this: the packages aren't worth the money people spend on them. 

Mar 21, 2022, 02:3003/21/22
02/14/18
Lior

Hi, as far as I know the low price packages didn't changed dramatically over the last years (for small amout of purchase), and they are decided mainly by automatic computer calculations. I spend little on this game, and track the packages for years, so you can say I am an expert on low price packages :). 

Preliminary condition to get a good low price package is to wait a month without buying. Sooner or later you will get 2 good packages.

package 1 - 10$ for 20k drachmas + units. With this and 50k drachmas + 20k free drachmas, bottom line is 25$ for 70k drachmas + hundreds of phalanxes and other rewards.

package 2 - ratio of 1:3 for $ to drachmas, without units. This means for 20$ you get 70k drachmas.

Notice if you buy to buy all at the same time. Waiting for the next day the prices will increase a lot.

When you spend drachmas, only during the 35% refund event or during a bigger discount daily event.

And persian positions, I reccomended in another post not to play it too much, as you loose a lot of army/real life money.

Thank you for your input! 

I liked this analysis, drachmas are an important aspect in the game and I think they deserve to be paid attention to as any other feature.