Need clarification on game rules

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 26, 2022, 13:5902/26/22
07/29/15

Apparently we need clarification on game rules and how moderators interpret them.

To the mod team, Palarim support tell us that 2 or more people sharing a computer is not against the rules.

Some moderators seem to feel this is not the case.  And it breaks rules strongly enough to warrent a life time ban from the forums.

I wish to know if sharing a computer between several people is against the rules for sparta or not?

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 27, 2022, 12:1002/27/22
11/05/15

it shouldnt be unless there has been an IP ban of some sort, each person would have their own account etc, Plarium tends to avoid IP bans as people might play on public computers etc in internet cafe's 

Feb 27, 2022, 13:5002/27/22
Feb 27, 2022, 14:03(edited)
07/29/15

Thanks morteee but i am refering to the Sparta Forums, not Game rules.

There seems to be confusion about the people that were given bans for posting in the forums from the same computer.  They are different people with different accounts that were not shared and did not break any rules according to support, and the acciounts in question never recieved any diciplanary action to their games, only bans in the forums.

Some were students, some were military staff on base, I myself made the mistake of sharing a computer with the wife.

After conversations with 2 moderators, we are trying to figure out how the rules are interperated here concerning the sharing of computers in the forums.  

Many of us are still sharing computers and this seems to still be a confusing issue for the moderators and contributors.   We do not wish to break rules, but getting information here is very very difficult and we get differing information from support vs forum staff (moderators and old community managers)

People did recieve forum bans for this activity in the past and the ones that, like myself, had their ban lifted had their forum achievements erased, and their forum post count reset to zero.  This was never fixed.

We wish to avoid more people being banned for breaking rules no one seems to be able to understand.

Feb 27, 2022, 14:0302/27/22
07/29/15

We also have questions about the lifted bans.  If a ban was applied, and was later lifted because no rules were broken,  there seems to be continuing punishment, and we wonder if the old bans will block us from applying for moderator status.

If someone can actually reach the community manager, we would like to know if old bans or diciplanary actions that was revoked/lifted will effect the outcome of moderator status applications.

The last community manager never answered this question when it was personal messaged to them, and the question was ignored in previous posts.

Feb 27, 2022, 19:3802/27/22
10/15/15
Banshee

We also have questions about the lifted bans.  If a ban was applied, and was later lifted because no rules were broken,  there seems to be continuing punishment, and we wonder if the old bans will block us from applying for moderator status.

If someone can actually reach the community manager, we would like to know if old bans or diciplanary actions that was revoked/lifted will effect the outcome of moderator status applications.

The last community manager never answered this question when it was personal messaged to them, and the question was ignored in previous posts.

Currently, the situation for decision-makers is too complicated.

If your intention is to become a moderator just follow the link that appears in the forum and you will know if having been banned influences whether you can be a moderator or not, what for some is not important for others can be fundamental.

Feb 27, 2022, 23:0302/27/22
07/29/15

Thank you for the information elias.

As a moderator, how do you view the sharing of computers by players?

Is this breaking the rules of the forums?

Feb 28, 2022, 07:2902/28/22
10/15/15

Siempre se compartieron, en mi coalicion alguna vez manejamos más de 6 cuentas (entre los 2 servidores 😇) pues entramos en las de los amigos cuando salen de vacaciones.

Los mensajes de prohibición de iniciar sesión, y en efecto no te permite ingresar al juego por un tiempo, no los termino de comprender y según entiendo (maldito traductor y mi mal inglés) los maneja el sistema aunque nadie comprende como. Esto parece secreto de estado 😎

They have always been shared, in my coalition we sometimes manage more than 6 accounts (between the 2 servers 😇) because we log into friends' accounts when they go on vacation.

The login ban messages, and indeed it doesn't allow you to log in for a while, I don't quite understand them and as I understand (damn translator and my bad English) they are handled by the system although no one understands how.

Feb 28, 2022, 10:3602/28/22
02/14/18
Banshee

Hello Banshee: I never heard of such a rule before. 

Do you want to provide us with more details about it?

KatiaModerator
Feb 28, 2022, 11:2902/28/22
01/31/18

Hello Banchee.  As I mentioned before, no mod can ban another mod. So, if you were a mod before or a candidate for a mod, and you have been banned, it was the Managers choice. When we become mods, all the info we get from the managers is confidential, as it is with all the other private conversations. So, we shouldn't share the private conversations with other players, and we should be assured that no one else who might use our pc, would be able to read our private conversations and share the info with the other players.  In the past, 2 mods have been expelled by the managers, because they broke the Plarium's rules for mods. So, maybe you can ask the manager when she will be online, what did you and you were banned or expelled. 

KatiaModerator
Feb 28, 2022, 11:4102/28/22
01/31/18
Banshee

Thanks morteee but i am refering to the Sparta Forums, not Game rules.

There seems to be confusion about the people that were given bans for posting in the forums from the same computer.  They are different people with different accounts that were not shared and did not break any rules according to support, and the acciounts in question never recieved any diciplanary action to their games, only bans in the forums.

Some were students, some were military staff on base, I myself made the mistake of sharing a computer with the wife.

After conversations with 2 moderators, we are trying to figure out how the rules are interperated here concerning the sharing of computers in the forums.  

Many of us are still sharing computers and this seems to still be a confusing issue for the moderators and contributors.   We do not wish to break rules, but getting information here is very very difficult and we get differing information from support vs forum staff (moderators and old community managers)

People did recieve forum bans for this activity in the past and the ones that, like myself, had their ban lifted had their forum achievements erased, and their forum post count reset to zero.  This was never fixed.

We wish to avoid more people being banned for breaking rules no one seems to be able to understand.

Regarding the players who are not mods, sharing their pc with others doesn't break any rule So, if someone is banned,   the player has been banned for another reason and not because of the use of the same pc with another person or player.

Feb 28, 2022, 19:1002/28/22
03/10/15
Banshee

do you mean in moderators can see your IP here in forum or if they can see IP in game?

Feb 28, 2022, 19:1402/28/22
03/10/15

if i recall, there is a forum norm that used to be applied in the past and accounts were banned for that.

you can have more than one account on game, but you can only talk here in forum from one. in the past it is true that moderators or community managers banned an account for complaining about something (I think it was when the dracma boicot) and if they came from other accounts, they were being banned as well

this is what other forum community managers in the past did and explained publically here in forum...

Mar 1, 2022, 13:2503/01/22
Mar 1, 2022, 13:30(edited)
07/29/15

Thank you for the information.

Katia - Thank you for the clarification.  I appreciate the direct answer.       I was not a moderator, i was asked 5 or 6 years ago if i would take the position and i turned it down as i was a hedge of Lost Souls Chill at the time and that was a full time job.  

Fortuna - before the palarium play app, anyone on your friends list could see your ip address and your modum number that identifites the computer you are using.  It was posted in your usage history. This was removed with the palarium play app, but i understand that moderators and the community manager are still able to see your log history.  You can find it yourself when you first start the play app, under settings tab, and show log file.

When i and others were banned from the forums, it was by the community manager, we were all sent a message that told us we were using more than one account, from the same computer and that it was against the rules.

I would love to speak to the community manager about the incident, as was suggested above, but i understand that we have changed community managers a few times since then and i understand that they do not respond to personal messages (as we were told in these forums by a previous community manager)

When I contacted support, back when over 100 people were given bans for this very issue, I was told by support that having several people share a computer was not against any rules, having more than one person accessing a single account (babysitting a friends account when they are on vacation / sharing accounts to score higher during tourneys) or using 3rd party software (to do the same activities) was a bannable offense so i suggest no one does such a thing as it will get your account banned, not just a forum ban.

A few days after contacting support most of us had the forum ban lifted, (but not all) however things like our history of posts in the forums and our achievements concerning forum actibity was reset to zero.  I would love to know if that can be corrected at some point.

Many of my team still share computers so this is why i needed some clarification on the issue.

With a new community manager, and after recent chats with moderators, we wanted to bring to light exactly why they were banned from the forums, and find confirmation on what the rules actually were.

My thanks to everyone that provided information on this subject.  It is good to have solid information to run with.

KatiaModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 22:4803/01/22
01/31/18
Banshee

Thank you for the information.

Katia - Thank you for the clarification.  I appreciate the direct answer.       I was not a moderator, i was asked 5 or 6 years ago if i would take the position and i turned it down as i was a hedge of Lost Souls Chill at the time and that was a full time job.  

Fortuna - before the palarium play app, anyone on your friends list could see your ip address and your modum number that identifites the computer you are using.  It was posted in your usage history. This was removed with the palarium play app, but i understand that moderators and the community manager are still able to see your log history.  You can find it yourself when you first start the play app, under settings tab, and show log file.

When i and others were banned from the forums, it was by the community manager, we were all sent a message that told us we were using more than one account, from the same computer and that it was against the rules.

I would love to speak to the community manager about the incident, as was suggested above, but i understand that we have changed community managers a few times since then and i understand that they do not respond to personal messages (as we were told in these forums by a previous community manager)

When I contacted support, back when over 100 people were given bans for this very issue, I was told by support that having several people share a computer was not against any rules, having more than one person accessing a single account (babysitting a friends account when they are on vacation / sharing accounts to score higher during tourneys) or using 3rd party software (to do the same activities) was a bannable offense so i suggest no one does such a thing as it will get your account banned, not just a forum ban.

A few days after contacting support most of us had the forum ban lifted, (but not all) however things like our history of posts in the forums and our achievements concerning forum actibity was reset to zero.  I would love to know if that can be corrected at some point.

Many of my team still share computers so this is why i needed some clarification on the issue.

With a new community manager, and after recent chats with moderators, we wanted to bring to light exactly why they were banned from the forums, and find confirmation on what the rules actually were.

My thanks to everyone that provided information on this subject.  It is good to have solid information to run with.

Banchee, back in time, it was illegal to have an alt, but now, it is legal as we can have 10 accounts on the same Plarium play app, so those accounts use the same PC.                                       
     Lately, a friend who is my teammate and I have known him for years, lost his access to his  FB city even if he has the passwords, and his email is real. The usual troubleshooting didn't help him and unfortunately, he doesn't understand what the support asking him as he is Portuguese  so, he has no access to his cities for more than 20 days.Plarium Play lead him to the com platform, so he lost the progress of his FB  Plarium Play games. I asked him if he ever shared his account with friends and he confirmed it. I don't really know if Plarium has filters to detect a possible hacking of an account if other IPs run the city, or it is just a coincidence. My conclusion is that it is better not to share our Plarium play passwords with anyone.                                          
      As I told you a lot of times, if someone was banned and wants to be active in the forum again, his/her friends can ask any moderator to forward this request to the managers. We all want to give a second chance to the players.

Mar 2, 2022, 01:0903/02/22
07/29/15

I do appreciate the offer to look into old bans - but we need to convince the people concerned to agree to this first, and we need to convince them to return to the forums.

We will work on this.   I would like to see the old regular contributors return to the forums.

I was more asking about the other punishments that were given out - for a mistake of some sort - as no rules were broken.

KatiaModerator
Mar 2, 2022, 06:2603/02/22
01/31/18
Banshee

I do appreciate the offer to look into old bans - but we need to convince the people concerned to agree to this first, and we need to convince them to return to the forums.

We will work on this.   I would like to see the old regular contributors return to the forums.

I was more asking about the other punishments that were given out - for a mistake of some sort - as no rules were broken.

Banshee, Mods and administrations don't ban players because they like to do it so, without any reason, we are stable personalities. Players can be unbanned, only if they will agree to read the rules and to follow them. Basically, that means, no names callings, no personal attacks and mocking to the other players, no boycott and quit the game callings, no personal attacks to administrations and to mods, no foul language etc . Usually, the players don't know that they broke the rules and they are surprised if the mod bans them. 

Mar 2, 2022, 13:1603/02/22
Mar 2, 2022, 13:20(edited)
07/29/15

You say mods and admins do not ban players wihtout reason, but this was obviously not the case.

We all recieved messages when we were banned, and it told us why.  Using more than one account from a single computer.

I thought we sorted this out - and moderators agreed with support that this is not against the rules of the forums.

Please show me the rules that forbid the sharing of computers.

Also it is obvious that you are not correct here.  You say players can only be unbanned if theyagree to read the rules and follow them.  None of the parties involved agreed to read the rules, or were asked to.  About half had their bans lifted without even requesting it after this issue was brought up with support.

It still seems to be a serious issue as even our moderators can not agree on what exactly is a breach of rules in the forums.   And it seems like you are giving us fale information.  Perhaps this is also a big part of why everyone left.

Mar 2, 2022, 13:2203/02/22
07/29/15

It is starting to feel like this conversation is going around in a circle.

I am back where i started with this topic.  Confusion about what is a breach of rules.

If the moderators are not able to tell us if this is or is not breaking rules, can we PLEASE get a solid answer from our community manager?

I feel this is now an issue that needs to be sorted.

Mar 2, 2022, 13:4903/02/22
08/09/15

Give up Banshee.

It can not be sorted.

Forums are a wreck and most likely beyond repair.

Mar 2, 2022, 14:0403/02/22
Mar 2, 2022, 14:09(edited)
08/20/15

At the risk of being banned myself, I also need to know the answer to this problem. I am like many of my coalition, I share a computer and i was banned for this.

My ban was lifted, but some were not.  I have not posted in forums since as the moderator then told us we can have our accounts "frozen" for computer sharing.

Our former hedge from BirGods "MG" was banned for life from the forums for sharing a computer years ago and posting about significant issues at the time. He believes it is still banned.

Many of us are still afraid to post in forums.

This is an issue that was raised in previous threads years ago and was closed by the moderators with no solution. Reviving this topic might be against forum policy and I don't want any problems with the current moderators.

Apologies if this post breaks the rules.

KatiaModerator
Mar 3, 2022, 16:5903/03/22
01/31/18
DeadLock

At the risk of being banned myself, I also need to know the answer to this problem. I am like many of my coalition, I share a computer and i was banned for this.

My ban was lifted, but some were not.  I have not posted in forums since as the moderator then told us we can have our accounts "frozen" for computer sharing.

Our former hedge from BirGods "MG" was banned for life from the forums for sharing a computer years ago and posting about significant issues at the time. He believes it is still banned.

Many of us are still afraid to post in forums.

This is an issue that was raised in previous threads years ago and was closed by the moderators with no solution. Reviving this topic might be against forum policy and I don't want any problems with the current moderators.

Apologies if this post breaks the rules.

Deadlock, as I told, 3-4  years ago there was a restriction to have alts accounts, so maybe the players were banned in that time.Most probably it was the admin who banned you, as it is not the mods job to check if the player have alts or not. You didn't break any rule so don't worry if you will get a ban.Players can protest as much as they want, but in decent way. So, please tell to the players, not to afraid to post to the forum, if they following the forum rules.Mods have an understanding as we are players too.Please forward to the players that they  can read  the rules  if they click on forum rules file, as my screenshot showing.I can assure you that there is a lot of participation to Plarium's FB community page, but  it is very rare for the  mods  to  give a life ban  to a player.I'm a moderator in there too, so Vanesa is.😉  

i