People that are Banned from the Forum

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jan 28, 2022, 08:0101/28/22
12/02/16

People that are Banned from the Forum

Good Day Moderators,

Banshee and others before are raising the Bans concern once in a while without any response, usually as part of different topics. See for example in the post below page 11.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/128_game-discussion/610640_current-new-start-xp-event/11/

Moderators, 2 things are required from you in order to know the full picture.

1 - Post as a response to this conversation a full list of people that are banned from posting in this forum, and the date each of their ban started. (No need to mention the reason for the ban, just many pairs of names and dates). I am sure the data of Plarium can identify it for you quickly using their internal search engine once you will ask the community manager.

2 - Only after the above, remove all the bans or at least most of them. And post again as a response the list of people that their ban was removed and list of people that their ban still hold.

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 29, 2022, 13:5901/29/22
08/09/15

There were topics created about the unfair bans - most back when they were being issued.

These topics were removed/erased, and people that posted them were issued lifetime bans.

Jan 30, 2022, 11:0401/30/22
Jan 30, 2022, 11:09(edited)
11/05/15

Hi Lior

as an ex mod I can tell you the following

most of the bans issued on the forums were due to spammers (as in muscle food, crypto currencies etc)  and those will never be lifted (and to be fair who would want them to be?)

a list of names and dates would not be possible to be posted, the ban database is for ALL forums not just sparta and due to the sheer number of spam bans on it quite frankly means such a list would be too large to post 

the posting of such a list would risk being in direct contravention of GDPR as some use their real names or derivatives of them and therefore would be identifiable 

when I was a moderator I offered to investigate any suspected unfair bans, I got not ONE request to investigate that gave the information I needed to look into them 

also this post is in contravention of forum rule 3.15 which states the following 

"Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts/ threads, etc. This also includes publicly sharing any private messages from Community Administrators or Moderators regarding disciplinary actions taken towards you. The discussion of forum/group moderation actions generally leads to inflaming the community and trolling Community Administrators and Moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. "

(forgive me the last part, it would appear that old habits are hard to shake off lol) 

KatiaModerator
Jan 30, 2022, 18:4201/30/22
01/31/18
Fortress DBD

There were topics created about the unfair bans - most back when they were being issued.

These topics were removed/erased, and people that posted them were issued lifetime bans.

As usual, Morteeee's reply is very accurate. If a player thinks that he or she has been banned without a reason,  the player can report the moderator who did the ban, to the Support. I can assure you that we hate banning the players, but vulgar and foul language is forbidden, the hate speech, and the trolling as well.  Of course, we do have an understanding and tolerance, but we have to follow Plarium's rules of contact as well.  All the players are welcome to protest as much they want but in a decent way. Finally, I would tell to Mortee that it is time to wear her mods boots again, as it is obvious that she loves the forum😁

Jan 30, 2022, 19:5301/30/22
11/05/15
Katia

As usual, Morteeee's reply is very accurate. If a player thinks that he or she has been banned without a reason,  the player can report the moderator who did the ban, to the Support. I can assure you that we hate banning the players, but vulgar and foul language is forbidden, the hate speech, and the trolling as well.  Of course, we do have an understanding and tolerance, but we have to follow Plarium's rules of contact as well.  All the players are welcome to protest as much they want but in a decent way. Finally, I would tell to Mortee that it is time to wear her mods boots again, as it is obvious that she loves the forum😁

shhhhhh Kat not happening :P

I gotta stop my hair getting even more grey! ;)

Feb 2, 2022, 00:3302/02/22
Feb 2, 2022, 00:34(edited)
08/09/15
Katia

Reporting to support was pointless - they instructed us to report issues in the forums to the community manager.

The community manager of the time was a big part of the problem and locked more threads and issued more bans than all mods combined.

Also - the community manager publically told us they do not have time to read personal messages - the very thing we were instructed by support to send, and the very thing that we are instructed in the forums to do to appeal a ban.

I would be interested to hear a different solution to this problem.

I can also assure you that all the bans we are refering to were given to people that did not use any crass or vulgar language - they only created posts on topics that were locked, erased or closed without resolution, and without having questions answered, or because the people posting shared computers (often with family, military staff on deployment, and students)

It was a terrible blow to the forums and its activity levels.  It caused a lot of people to leave sparta.

Feb 2, 2022, 00:3702/02/22
08/09/15

Also - i can not help but notice that the topic that was sticky attached to the top of the forums about appealing bans - has been erased / removed.

Are we expected to have the people that still can not post in the forums personal message the community manager?

Has the community manager logged into the forums in the last month?    Is the community manager now reading personal messages ?

KatiaModerator
Feb 3, 2022, 06:4102/03/22
Feb 17, 2022, 13:18(edited)
01/31/18
Fortress DBD

Also - i can not help but notice that the topic that was sticky attached to the top of the forums about appealing bans - has been erased / removed.

Are we expected to have the people that still can not post in the forums personal message the community manager?

Has the community manager logged into the forums in the last month?    Is the community manager now reading personal messages ?

Hello Fortress. The Managers have a lot of work to do. They read all the Forums and FB Pages, for all Plarium's games, they speak with all mods from all of their games, who forward to the Managers all of their games' issues,  they do meetings with the Plarium team to resolve the issues, and if the managers have some free time, they reply to the players on FB pages and games forums. So, there is no time to reply in pm to players as there are thousands of players who want to speak with them in private.                                                                                                      
  Mods don't erase the players' posts if don't break any rule. Insisting on an issue that was already has been answered, breaks the rules too.  If this post was on the FB Sparta pages, I would have deleted all of your posts and  I would ban you. Questioning Managers and Mods action breaks the rules.   Please find some time to read the forum's rules. This case is closed. From now on all of the related messages will be deleted.

Feb 4, 2022, 19:1902/04/22
11/05/15
Fortress DBD

Hi Fortress

it was removed as I am no longer a mod and therefore am not in a position to help any lomger, no conspiracy there, I suggested it was removed so people didnt try to ask me for help when i could no longer do so :)

Feb 5, 2022, 14:5802/05/22
07/29/15
Katia

Hello Fortress. The Managers have a lot of work to do. They read all the Forums and FB Pages, for all Plarium's games, they speak with all mods from all of their games, who forward to the Managers all of their games' issues,  they do meetings with the Plarium team to resolve the issues, and if the managers have some free time, they reply to the players on FB pages and games forums. So, there is no time to reply in pm to players as there are thousands of players who want to speak with them in private.                                                                                                      
  Mods don't erase the players' posts if don't break any rule. Insisting on an issue that was already has been answered, breaks the rules too.  If this post was on the FB Sparta pages, I would have deleted all of your posts and  I would ban you. Questioning Managers and Mods action breaks the rules.   Please find some time to read the forum's rules. This case is closed. From now on all of the related messages will be deleted.

So what you are saying here is ...

1 ... You erase posts that have been replied to, when no one has replied to the issue at all.

2 ... You are one of the moderators that erase posts and ban contributors for attempting to address issues in the forums, where we are instructed to do so by VIP support

3 ... The community manager will not reply to messages, which are the ONLY way we can appeal improper bans placed by moderators and community managers

Feb 5, 2022, 15:0102/05/22
07/29/15

We NEVER had these issues in the past.

We had a community manager that was not overloaded and actually played Sparta, was able to assist us, and took an interest in the game.

We never had the bugs and trickery that we see now - with a game that does not work as intended, and event rewards that are offered and then removed.

We used to have people that assisted and took the weight off the community manager, like develpoers that joined the forums weekly for live "ask a dev" question and answer events.

We have lost all this - and the replacement is mods that erase posts, do not answer questions, and ban people without any true cause.

SPARTA NEEDS A FORUM THAT SUPPORTS THE PLAYERS WITH STAFF THAT ACTUALLY HELP

we need new moderators and a community manager that takes an interst in forums like we used to have.

KatiaModerator
Feb 5, 2022, 20:0802/05/22
Feb 17, 2022, 13:19(edited)
01/31/18

Banshee.I'm a new Moderator, to the forum so I didn't ban anyone, but not a new mod for Sparta game, as I'm a moderator to the FB Plarium Sparta pages.I do care for the players as I'm a player myself, and NOT Plarium's employee. I can assure you, that I forward to the managers, all the players' frustrations along with mine for the game's malfunctions, and I can assure you that I'm yelling more than you when there are issues. That doesn't mean that I will let the pages become a Babel because the players are angry. Players are free to protest as much they want, but in a decent way, according to the rules, and this is not negotiable. I  do have an understanding and a tolerance, but the rules are applied to all, even if they are my teammates or my hedge.  Please read the Forum's rules and policies. 

Feb 6, 2022, 00:0902/06/22
06/17/15

this is the issue katia

the people that were banned ARE hedges that were not breaking any rules

they were looking out for the players that were in their coalitions that were being treated in the most unfair manor, and were banned for their efforts to help the community

they have zero chance of having their bans appealed because the rules more or less say you can not 

how is this good for sparta's future?  how is this good for the few of us left that come here for information and answers to our questions?

your solution seems to be threaten to ban the few that still come here and try to help people instead of looking at the issue that is being talked about

why dont you and the other mod do something that helps us instead of just erasing posts and threatening people with bans because they are trying to help others that are not able to assist themselves ?

Feb 6, 2022, 00:1102/06/22
06/17/15

We need some players like the ones that were banned, that actually help people. to be moderators in the forums

We need the ask a dev topic back so we can get real answers to questions

We need a way to get the active and helpful players back into the forums

We do not need threats or destructive people pretending to do the job of moderators

Feb 6, 2022, 08:4502/06/22
10/15/15
Apsis

We need some players like the ones that were banned, that actually help people. to be moderators in the forums

We do not need threats or destructive people pretending to do the job of moderators

KatiaModerator
Feb 6, 2022, 19:3902/06/22
01/31/18
Apsis

Apsis. The players when they are frustrated use foul language, asking for a boycott,  troll the comments etc, and this breaks Plarium's rules. I always give a second chance to the players, as another mod gave me a second chance as well. I wasn't always a mod, and I was frustrated and posted things, so I got a  fair warning from the lady mod to behave lol so, I know how you feel.By the way, the mod was right, but I was too angry at that time because she had banned my hedge. You can send me a pm with the players who have been <unfairly>  banned, and I can forward it to the manager to check it.                          

Guys, I will be always here to help you as much I can, I have understanding and tolerance, but please read plariums rules first.                                                                                          Anyone who wants to be a Moderator has to send a message to the Manager.                                                                               

As for the Dev topic, you can add a suggestion to the suggestion thread. 🙂 

Feb 7, 2022, 20:1902/07/22
11/05/15

guys I can confirm the following

Kat IS a very experienced player 

She is also VERY passionate about the game 

when I was a mod I saw her MANY times fight for players rights/points of view etc in the mod chat

She is good people, give her a chance please :)

KatiaModerator
Feb 8, 2022, 05:3402/08/22
01/31/18
morteeee

guys I can confirm the following

Kat IS a very experienced player 

She is also VERY passionate about the game 

when I was a mod I saw her MANY times fight for players rights/points of view etc in the mod chat

She is good people, give her a chance please :)

Thank you Morteeee. I will do my best to help here too. Unless you will return as a mod😁

Feb 8, 2022, 08:4502/08/22
11/05/15

lol I can help just as much without being a Mod with less stress ;)

Feb 9, 2022, 02:1702/09/22
Feb 9, 2022, 02:25(edited)
06/17/15

I would be open to giving a mod a chance, until they keep harping on that profanity was used or rules were broken other than re-posting locked or erased topics that needed an answer but were ignored.

The people banned were polite and their questions were not answered, the issues were not addressed, but erased and they were banned for attempting to find a solution or find assistance for people other than themselves that were being forced out of the game.

If mods wish to claim they do not know of this issue, or that it was because of reasons that are not true, how are we supposed to respect them or give them a "chance" ?

Feb 9, 2022, 02:2402/09/22
06/17/15

Are you truly asking us to put a suggestion in the in the suggestion thread about something we were promised would be replaced, but were lied to?

I guess people were banned for bringing the topic up again after the posts were erased, so i guess i should be thankful that i am not banned already, this seems to be the way palarium operate their forums, and i am bringing up closed threads.

How are we supposed to get a dev in here to help us, when we can not even get a community manager that will log in, or read the pm's we are instructed to send?