the state of the game on server 2

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Sep 12, 2021, 04:3909/12/21
03/15/16

this is a server dominated by 2 coas, bok and semper... they aligned a few years ago to counter best squad and have continured to be aligned.. they have shared cities, defended each others coas and had each others back.. until there was no threat left... and there isnt for them.. any coas that were even close to parity have all been vanquished by the alignment or by taking their players into these coas..there are some midlevel coas , but for all practical purposes the competaive part of this game of conflict is over. 

because of the massive amount of an investment it would take a coa of individual players to make in this game with the gradual raising of package tiers to higher prices this game has left it up to coas to do tournaments for rewards. this option does nothing to close the gap of competativeness, it ony widens it.

in the last few months this gap has widened by the recrutiment of any players that become strong enough to be noticed. while not the fault of these coas for recruiting, it has watered down the rest of the coas to mere cannonfodder for these massing armies they are growing. it is a cunundrum for these two, because if they take action it is seen as bullying due to their sheer size.. but at the same time there are players that actually do bully smaller ones that have infiltrated both of them.. so there are no more mountains to climb for either one anymore..and to be honest, the only way to save this server as a viable and growing one is to totally realign coas to competative equals for one.. and second change the way plarium has tiered packages and allow players to choose the price tiers because it almost impossible for most players to develop all of the things needed to stay competative with players that have larger budgets.. and the majority of those players are in these coas.. 

if not.. then tournaments should reward no soldiers at all, because if this is going to be a total tournament server there is no need for any soldiers at all because it isnt a wargame  any more anyway.

Views
Comments
Comments
Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
Sep 21, 2021, 13:5509/21/21
04/05/21

Lem, I understand your frustration. However, we cannot control the formation of coalitions. It would not be very fair towards the players, as they form their coas taken lots of factors into account, including their preferences.

As for the packs, we have a huge variety of them in the game and players can always choose the ones that suit their taste.

if not.. then tournaments should reward no soldiers at all, because if this is going to be a total tournament server there is no need for any soldiers at all because it isnt a wargame  any more anyway.

We can't remove soldiers from rewards as players take part in the tournaments for rewards, either. They lose units during the battle and can revive and refill the army thanks to the rewards.

I advise you to create your own coa, be active, take part in tournaments and events, and you can become stronger on the server.

Sep 21, 2021, 20:1109/21/21
03/15/16

thankyou for your response and input.. however, two things destroy gameplay in sparta.. 1.  getting personal (vendetta play).. while fierce competition is wanted, personal attacks, pms etc, is not called for... and one reason tfa and me left billions in army on server 1 and stopped playing there.. 2. unbalanced servers, when you have a true case of aligned coas that have for all practical purposes (and thru no fault of their own) wiped out any coa that would ever be a threat to the hegomy of their alignment. server2 is exactly like that.. as far as city strength, mine is one of the largest on server 2 but i have never played like it..lol.. i do not play the game as i did on server 1 and still dont.. i play mostly with small balanced armies because is is more of a challenge.. most of the largest players are in a couple of coas.. and our coa only fights the largest and most powerful coas.. i dont give a damn about tournaments, never have... i have better things to do than click buttons, i play for the competition against players and even that is winding down to where everything seems personal and its not.. this is a war game first or at least used to be.. but there are no great struggles between the largest coas for dominance because they are actually aligned, share and swap cities and mutually defend.. whats left apart from our little band is basically cannon fodder for them... and though the longterm members there are straightup in how they play.. several players have now gravitated to them and they are literally bullying the smaller coas and players while hiding in these big ones. not much i can do about them all , but i can some of em... and have.. of course the escalation in pkg pricing even though i am buying nothing, and it is still going up.. i dont know why.. has an adverse effect on players also.. i have absoutely no desire to play a war game based on tournaments and rewards from them.. which is why rewarding soldiers, to me, is only feeding the animal that is devouring server 2.. and that is the total inbalance  to the server.. it has to be boring as hell in those 2 coas, bok and semper, because there is no pier to be truly tested.. it would be great to see em go at it to see though to see who really was the number 1 coa... lol.. it would be long and fun to watch.. of course now they would have transfer several cities to their original 1.. but it is the truth and why this server is stagnating.. it is a farming /tournament server.. period