Merging servers ?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 1, 2017, 07:5508/01/17
08/13/16

Merging servers ?

Hi there,

Getting really tired of waiting for game updates for a very long period. Losing interest, and getting bored.

I don't understand much about IT, but why don't you merge us with the facebook server, somehow if that is possible? I realise that will come with a whole lot of in game complications ... but maybe it is worth considering? Can someone explain why there are separate facebook and plarium.com servers?

Regards

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2017, 09:2808/01/17

tsunwu85rsa said:

[...] Can someone explain why there are separate facebook and plarium.com servers? [...]

Regards

I know, it's difficult to believe, but not everyone is on FB or if he/she is, doesn't want to play there. :-)

Cheers
P.

Aug 1, 2017, 11:2108/01/17
Aug 1, 2017, 11:22(edited)
08/13/16

Hi Penguin,

I also don't use Facebook, but does it have to be separate servers though ?

Also, I will get a Facebook account if I can play on the Facebook server where all the updates are, and if my city can somehow be moved across there.

Regards

Aug 1, 2017, 11:3508/01/17

tsunwu85rsa said:

[...] does it have to be separate servers though ? [...]

The SDK's and other requirements for Facebook games are extensive and AFAIK do demand a separate environment, beginning with user mgmt. but extending to badges, achievements, and so forth. As a lowly mod, I don't have much insight (perhaps a CM will chime in here) but I suspect that the cost of merging servers would be prohibitive, if at all possible. Just think of what should happen to Pantheons, Coalitions, overlapping city coordinates ... one could easily come up with a miriad of major issues that would drive any dev insane :-), not to mention that these different builds also have any number of divergent gameplay parameters.

m2cw
P.

Aug 1, 2017, 11:4108/01/17
08/13/16
All I want is if I open a facebook account, for my city to be dropped anywhere in an open spot on that server. Is anything like that possible?
Aug 1, 2017, 13:0108/01/17

tsunwu85rsa said:

All I want is if I open a facebook account, for my city to be dropped anywhere in an open spot on that server. Is anything like that possible?

AFAIK no migration tool or protocol exists, and I doubt it will in future, sorry.

Cheers
P.