Greek Assassins - Political Attacks

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jun 9, 2017, 18:3906/09/17
05/07/16

Do any of the various offensive buffs have any bonus effects on the Greek assassins?

Thanks.

- GLP
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 9, 2017, 21:3506/09/17
05/07/16
Drag-Theseus said:

Good question.. as I know strenght of one PA is always 12,600.. even if you have bonuses activated or dominion status etc
I'm also thinking this is probably the case.
Jun 12, 2017, 08:3506/12/17
Jun 12, 2017, 08:35(edited)
11/17/16

GLP said:

Yes as far as I know that's the damage caused by a PA. Don't think it's increased with dominion or elixirs and stuff.

Jun 13, 2017, 06:1706/13/17
Jun 13, 2017, 06:36(edited)

Xena said:

GLP said:

Yes as far as I know that's the damage caused by a PA. Don't think it's increased with dominion or elixirs and stuff.

Since the unit details pages for each unit type in the market listings show the offensive and defensive values including bonuses and the Greek Assassin has no such additional values, it would be safe to say that these units are not affected, otherwise, that would really be misleading. 

If this also applies to enhancers is a different matter. Is a 10% offence enhancer applied to Greeks (I hardly use them so I don't know)? After all, these units are listed in the "offence" category in the market). And if not, are defensive enhancers applied when defending against Greeks??

Cheers
P.

Jun 13, 2017, 12:3406/13/17
Jun 13, 2017, 12:36(edited)
11/24/15
I have a another question. What does it mean that assasins do 1 to 1 damage against troops?
Jun 14, 2017, 13:1306/14/17

ashishjoseph22 said:

I have a another question. What does it mean that assasins do 1 to 1 damage against troops?

It means that the 12.5k off points will be applied across all defensive units. IMO it's a bit of overdoing the description, since the Greek unit does precisely that which one assumes he does. :-)

Drag-Theseus said:

I know that sometimes I get more PVP and Exp if I send 1 PA 5 times than if I send 5 PA's at once :)

Really? Interesting. Perhaps some rounding errors when distributing the attack across all defensive unit types? Who knows.

Jun 20, 2017, 21:1406/20/17
04/09/17
Please make it so that you can send greek assassin to hit them in the emporiam.
Jun 20, 2017, 21:1906/20/17

soj385rsa said:

Please make it so that you can send greek assassin to hit them in the emporiam.

If you have a suggestion, please add it to this thread, if possible with a bit of background as to why your idea has merit, thanks.

Cheers
P.

Jun 27, 2017, 09:4406/27/17
10/08/16

All I know about Greek assasians is the very 1st time I used one I took out almost 100 scouts, along with various other units (few of this, few of that.) But since that first attack I have not had one attempt be NEAR as successful. I only use them now to sort of poke around a city cause I have found they frequently will kill at least 1 of each type of unit the opposing player has. Hence, if i send one and get back a report saying I killed 3 Hoplites and 2 Cretan Archers it is likely that city isn't a good target....versus if I get a report saying I killed a few Calvary units, phalanax units, heavy units...etc.

Any thoughts?
Jun 27, 2017, 09:5306/27/17

fightclubfan.33 said:

All I know about Greek assasians is the very 1st time I used one I took out almost 100 scouts, along with various other units (few of this, few of that.) But since that first attack I have not had one attempt be NEAR as successful. I only use them now to sort of poke around a city cause I have found they frequently will kill at least 1 of each type of unit the opposing player has. Hence, if i send one and get back a report saying I killed 3 Hoplites and 2 Cretan Archers it is likely that city isn't a good target....versus if I get a report saying I killed a few Calvary units, phalanax units, heavy units...etc.

Any thoughts?

Thoughts? They kill 12.6k and are the weapon of choice for the nekulturny. If you've got cash to spare and can't be bothered to play the game (and have trouble passing remedial math), Greeks are for you ...  :-)

Jun 28, 2017, 17:4406/28/17
08/13/16

I haven't seen anything as good as a PA at starting a war ... 

One little PA can (a few weeks later) cause a capital to fall ...

Plarium so sneaky ...
Jun 28, 2017, 18:2106/28/17

tsunwu85rsa said:

I haven't seen anything as good as a PA at starting a war ... 

One little PA can (a few weeks later) cause a capital to fall ...

Plarium so sneaky ...

Hehe, true, PAs are the proverbial sucker punches which, though they might in no way fatally injure, come unexpectedly and cannot be defended against, no matter what. Were they less expensive, they might serve as an equaliser against stronger opponents, but considering their cost, they*re really not much more than flipping your opponent the bird. I've never owned, much less used, Greek Assassins since I spend my Drachmas on sketches. Perhaps in future, but I kind of doubt it ...

Cheers
P.

Jun 28, 2017, 18:3406/28/17
11/05/15
they do have their uses, you can use the to top off your PvP if you are a little short of maxing out, if a scout fails you can lob a couple over to try and guage what killed them, long range hits and of course the other way around, sitting there with  huge smile on your face as they bounce of you knowing damn well that every drac spent buying them is a drac not spent reviving, upgrading or building units ;) 
Jun 28, 2017, 18:4306/28/17

morteeee said:

they do have their uses, you can use the to top off your PvP if you are a little short of maxing out, if a scout fails you can lob a couple over to try and guage what killed them, long range hits and of course the other way around, sitting there with  huge smile on your face as they bounce of you knowing damn well that every drac spent buying them is a drac not spent reviving, upgrading or building units ;) 

:-). True, but if I need to top off TPs, I'll use Emporia (isn't that what they're made for ;-), and scouting with Greeks is a bit like dropping a small nuclear device just to see what glows in the dark :-). I'll go with your 3rd suggestion: count the Drachmas someone else didn't spend on sketches :-).

Jun 28, 2017, 18:5806/28/17
11/05/15
The Irate Penguin said:

morteeee said:

:and scouting with Greeks is a bit like dropping a small nuclear device just to see what glows in the dark 

not if its after a failed scouting mission, plus if you send them in a multiple of 2 or 3 then you can at least see the type of units out so you can gauge the best normal units to send to maximise the destruction, bit like sending test hits to high level PP's :) 
Jun 28, 2017, 19:2306/28/17

morteeee said:

not if its after a failed scouting mission, plus if you send them in a multiple of 2 or 3 then you can at least see the type of units out so you can gauge the best normal units to send to maximise the destruction, bit like sending test hits to high level PP's :) 

Never seen a PA report (except the PAs that hit me :-). Will a single Greek Assasin, regardless of opposition, report back the exact strength of the opponent's defences, including scouts? 

And BTW: where did these Greek assassins come from? I've heard of Ninjas throwing shuriken, but what do their Greek counterparts do, toss three-day-old Baklava at their enemies in the hope that they suffer from type 2 diabetes?  :-)

Jul 2, 2017, 14:4907/02/17
Jul 2, 2017, 14:49(edited)
11/05/15

The Irate Penguin said:

morteeee said:

Never seen a PA report (except the PAs that hit me :-). Will a single Greek Assasin, regardless of opposition, report back the exact strength of the opponent's defences, including scouts? 

And BTW: where did these Greek assassins come from? I've heard of Ninjas throwing shuriken, but what do their Greek counterparts do, toss three-day-old Baklava at their enemies in the hope that they suffer from type 2 diabetes?  :-)

no it wont report back the exact strength of the opposition forces however it will tell you if stacked with cav, lights, heavies etc 

They throw an early form explosive charges, have you need seen the film 300? ;)