All Categories

Again - game changes without notification.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Sep 11, 2020, 03:0609/11/20
08/09/15

Again - Sparta had the game altered without warning players.

The requirements for the guardian duel event have been increased by a very large amount - without any notification.

The new required target goal is almost unreachable - but you let us think it was still at the old target level.

We spend a LOT of emeralds that we collected to try and reach the holy bond ultimate reward - believing it was reachable.  But again the game was altered without warning, to make us invest our resources into unobtainable events we thought we might be able to manage.

This feels a lot like when we were tricked by palarium staff - when they reduced emerald rewards for upgrading guardians to 25% of their original value without notice in any way - and we have to figure out what happened on our own.

This feels like deception designed to cheat sparta players yet again. Is it so difficult to warn us when you make drastic changes to the game? Did you not make a forum page just for this purpose?

Some of us are getting very tired of this treatment.  I do not have words to express how disappointed i am with this treatment.

Views
Comments
Comments
NancyAdmin
Sep 11, 2020, 09:3909/11/20
07/09/19

Fortress said:

Again - Sparta had the game altered without warning players.

The requirements for the guardian duel event have been increased by a very large amount - without any notification.

The new required target goal is almost unreachable - but you let us think it was still at the old target level.

We spend a LOT of emeralds that we collected to try and reach the holy bond ultimate reward - believing it was reachable.  But again the game was altered without warning, to make us invest our resources into unobtainable events we thought we might be able to manage.

This feels a lot like when we were tricked by palarium staff - when they reduced emerald rewards for upgrading guardians to 25% of their original value without notice in any way - and we have to figure out what happened on our own.

This feels like deception designed to cheat sparta players yet again. Is it so difficult to warn us when you make drastic changes to the game? Did you not make a forum page just for this purpose?

Some of us are getting very tired of this treatment.  I do not have words to express how disappointed i am with this treatment.

Fortress, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. There are a lot of tournaments, events/offers in the game, and their balances can be changed from time to time without prior notice. 

As for the current situation, we decided to test a new balance with an extra Epic Bond and other pleasant and useful gifts in it. In order words, players could receive more valuable rewards now. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like it. I'll forward your feedback to the team. 

Sep 12, 2020, 18:4909/12/20
08/09/15

You seem to be able to find time to tell us about changes to other events like the c.c. --- or general game updates.

But never about guardians or events that our mates spend a fortune on attempting to make the event requirements in a very limited amount of time. 

You made the event unwinnable for most players in sparta.

I post more as a warning to fellow gamers - then to complain to you as your development team obviously do not care how we are treated.

Just as we had to post here to inform others of the drastic changes you made to the guardian rewards - (cutting their rewards by 75% is something else that you refused to inform us about)

(Why do you even have a form section on updates to the game?)

The addition of 1000 collectibles (we now need 8500) makes the event impossible unless you start in the first hour it launches, and burn a silly amount of emeralds to finish.  (if your luck in finding the random drop mechanics is poor, then you can not win even if you start in the first few hours of the even)

Everyone should use caution before entering tourneys that you need to invest resources into as the rules might change without any notification.

Sep 12, 2020, 18:5209/12/20
08/09/15

For players interested in attempting this event (without the use of illegal bots that the devs refuse to address) ...

Make sure you start in the first few hours of the event, and understand you now might need to invest over 6000 emeralds (luck depending) to make the ultimate reward.

(assuming they do not change the event mechanics yet again without informing anyone) 
Sep 13, 2020, 11:0309/13/20
09/04/16

The last Duel with the 8500 prizes to get a holy bond is better than all previous.

The drop rate of Prizes increased and you need less warlord hits to reach 8500 points than 7050 of the previous.

Plarium don’t change anything to the current Duel maybe add some more Emeralds.

NancyAdmin
Sep 14, 2020, 13:2909/14/20
07/09/19

IOANNIS said:

The last Duel with the 8500 prizes to get a holy bond is better than all previous.

The drop rate of Prizes increased and you need less warlord hits to reach 8500 points than 7050 of the previous.

Plarium don’t change anything to the current Duel maybe add some more Emeralds.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that you liked this change. 

FORTRESS, thank you for sharing this information on the forum with other players.  Like I said before, your feedback will be sent to the responsible department as well. 

Sep 14, 2020, 21:1209/14/20
Sep 14, 2020, 21:14(edited)
09/04/16

Fortress said:

You seem to be able to find time to tell us about changes to other events like the c.c. --- or general game updates.

But never about guardians or events that our mates spend a fortune on attempting to make the event requirements in a very limited amount of time. 

You made the event unwinnable for most players in sparta.

I post more as a warning to fellow gamers - then to complain to you as your development team obviously do not care how we are treated.

Just as we had to post here to inform others of the drastic changes you made to the guardian rewards - (cutting their rewards by 75% is something else that you refused to inform us about)

(Why do you even have a form section on updates to the game?)

The addition of 1000 collectibles (we now need 8500) makes the event impossible unless you start in the first hour it launches, and burn a silly amount of emeralds to finish.  (if your luck in finding the random drop mechanics is poor, then you can not win even if you start in the first few hours of the even)

Less than two days ......

https://prnt.sc/uet49t

Sep 15, 2020, 05:4309/15/20
Sep 15, 2020, 20:29(edited)
08/09/15

This is what i was talking about when i spoke of players using bots that are against the rules

simple math - 

there are 86,400 seconds in a day

auto actions take 30 seconds to send a guard and have him return (assuming you have a high enough dominion level and you activate) 

this is 2800 actions a day - assuming you started the second the event started and running auto fight non stop - no breaks - no time spent changing your conquest guardians (running solo conquest fight action)

not all 2800 actions will generate a collectible

To finish with over a day remaining ..... ya

Sep 15, 2020, 05:5009/15/20
08/09/15

For people reading this that do not wish to be mislead by "impossibly lucky players" ..... that also crushed the normal guardian tourney with a point score most our vet players feel is most impossible to achieve without the use of bots, or sharing an account so they can run non stop guardian actions 24/7 ....

11 of our federation attempted this event 

Most of us (myself included) started 2-4 hours after the event started

We used solo conquest auto fight with a gold max level guard (40% chance of crit hit for the extra collectable) and use dominion status

4 of us managed to finish in time (i had to run almost an hour and a half of mad clicking manual actions while the auto fight worked in the back ground)

7 of us failed to finish in time

Sep 15, 2020, 05:5509/15/20
08/09/15

How many people were not able to start in the first 4 hours of the event?

How many people thinking they had time, attempted to use conquest group auto fight to upgrade their guards and earn tourney points for the normal guardian tourney? instead of solo action ?

people invest a lot of time in these events - and they invest literally thousands and thousands of emeralds - and lets face it

the good rewards are at the start of the event, the investment to unlock reward later cost a lot of emeralds - we do this for the ultimate reward that is offered - the one we can not reach

IS IT ASKING SO MUCH to be informed of major changes to tourney mechanics in the  "News and Announcements" section of the forums ?

Is that not why it is there ?

NancyAdmin
Sep 22, 2020, 12:2609/22/20
07/09/19

Fortress said:

How many people were not able to start in the first 4 hours of the event?

How many people thinking they had time, attempted to use conquest group auto fight to upgrade their guards and earn tourney points for the normal guardian tourney? instead of solo action ?

people invest a lot of time in these events - and they invest literally thousands and thousands of emeralds - and lets face it

the good rewards are at the start of the event, the investment to unlock reward later cost a lot of emeralds - we do this for the ultimate reward that is offered - the one we can not reach

IS IT ASKING SO MUCH to be informed of major changes to tourney mechanics in the  "News and Announcements" section of the forums ?

Is that not why it is there ?

Fortress, when it's possible, we always try to post announcements about major upcoming changes. As you may have already seen, the Olimpic Guardian tournament has already begun. I would like to inform you that in order to get a Holy Bond in this tournament, players need to collect 7K points. Just like it was before. I wish everyone a happy skirmish. 

Sep 22, 2020, 20:2209/22/20
08/09/15

Thank you Nancy.

I appreciate the update a lot. 
Sep 22, 2020, 20:5409/22/20
07/29/15

This is helpful to the North America players.

Our day resets at 8:00 am local time.  Most of us are at work or school by this time and we can only participate when we return home 8 hours later.

I had assumed that the goal would be 8500 items collected, and my chances of completion were near zero.

Being notified that it is 7000 has allowed my coalition to participate this time around. 

My coalition's north america players all have benefited from this update.
NancyAdmin
Sep 24, 2020, 13:3709/24/20
Sep 24, 2020, 13:38(edited)
07/09/19

I'm glad to hear that this information has helped you to achieve the set goal. 

Dec 11, 2020, 02:1612/11/20
08/09/15

Again .... Sparta needs to have constant goals in our tourneys, or we need some way to be notified of the changing target values on tourneys.

Not impressed at all.

This game is in serious trouble (especially with the end of flash that will cause many to find a new game) messing with the players in this fasion, with the continued deception and lack of support will destroy this game fast. 

Dec 14, 2020, 07:2412/14/20
Dec 15, 2020, 03:53(edited)
06/02/20

Most of us are at work or school by this time and we can only participate when we return home 8 hours later.  gimp curve text