Browsers, Flash and Plarium's "Solution"

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 26, 2020, 19:4408/26/20
10/02/15

Browsers will not support Flash Player next year anymore. And what solution does Plarium announce?

"Stop playing with browsers! Install "Plarium Play"!"

But this game is a browser game, and all playing it for years, spending money have only one choice: losing all they did to develop a city or to "play" a browser game with so called "Plarium Play".

I am sure that I am not the only one who does not want to install an app like "Plarium Play", becoming probably corrupted by an app that is not reliable at all. Instead of learning how to adopt WEBGL properly, Plarium declares it useless! How easy! With my computer WEBGL worked faster and was more stable than Flash Player ever was, but it seems as if Plarium programmers did not like the alternative and decided to declare it "too slow, disappointing and useless"! I know many players who made same experiences as me. But it is of course much easier to say something does not work if you do not want it to work!

This is unacceptable! Learn to deal with a working alternative instead of telling people things that are not true at all! Browsers can be configured and certain cookies and other little spies can be locked out! This is the real reason why Plarium takes the chance to get rid of browsers as platform to play the game - not a "disappointing WEBGL"

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 27, 2020, 11:4808/27/20
05/15/15

I agree 100%, i will stop playing when the game isn't playable in a browser anymore.

Other browser games are playable without flash (with HTML5, WebGL or whatever), so why can't Plarium do that?

NancyAdmin
Aug 28, 2020, 15:0408/28/20
07/09/19

Hello, Archons. 

We are not saying that WebGL doesn't work, but its engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. We received numerous complaints from players and took them into account. 

It is worth giving a try to Plarium Play. More and more players use our application and glad to have such a cool alternative.  

Nov 11, 2020, 20:4611/11/20
04/08/15

Give us the date when Flash will finish - I would like to be able to say goodbye to my coal in sufficient time before then. (Player for over 5 years here.)

Nov 21, 2020, 15:1911/21/20
02/15/16

First of all i am obliged to contradict to Nancy. My experience with WebGL was completely different as told by her. It was faster, more reliable and graphics were much better than flash is! But every time some of us are upset because of the way Plariums treats its players and ask what will be because of Flash not working anymore soon such "answers" can be read here! It is ridiculous! Every serious programmer of browser games work with HTML5 (see InnoGames f.e.), but this requires abilities Plarium responsibles do not have as it seems!

And another point now! Every third action Plarium tries to sell some of its absolutely useless and much too expensive "sh...". And at least 4 or 5 times they try to make me install spyware app supported by Plarium. Stop it! I do not waste money for a probably dead game and i do not install an app spying on all i am doing being online! I am simply not stupid enough to it!

NancyAdmin
Nov 25, 2020, 15:4611/25/20
07/09/19
Not Frikk

Give us the date when Flash will finish - I would like to be able to say goodbye to my coal in sufficient time before then. (Player for over 5 years here.)

@frikk Actually, you can keep playing using Plarium Play 😉

NancyAdmin
Nov 25, 2020, 15:5111/25/20
07/09/19
MR. HOPS

First of all i am obliged to contradict to Nancy. My experience with WebGL was completely different as told by her. It was faster, more reliable and graphics were much better than flash is! But every time some of us are upset because of the way Plariums treats its players and ask what will be because of Flash not working anymore soon such "answers" can be read here! It is ridiculous! Every serious programmer of browser games work with HTML5 (see InnoGames f.e.), but this requires abilities Plarium responsibles do not have as it seems!

And another point now! Every third action Plarium tries to sell some of its absolutely useless and much too expensive "sh...". And at least 4 or 5 times they try to make me install spyware app supported by Plarium. Stop it! I do not waste money for a probably dead game and i do not install an app spying on all i am doing being online! I am simply not stupid enough to it!

What is that spyware? 🤔

If you are talking about Plarium Play then please be assured that it's a secure application that doesn't contain viruses. Why did you decide that it's spyware? 

Nov 25, 2020, 20:1311/25/20
08/03/20

So I would like to know the bottom line. If we have to switch to plarium play do we lose all of the progress, rank and money we have spent on FB???

Nov 25, 2020, 20:1911/25/20
08/03/20

Are there any plans to keep the game available on Gameroom?

Nov 27, 2020, 15:5911/27/20
Nov 27, 2020, 15:59(edited)
10/02/15
Nancy

@frikk Actually, you can keep playing using Plarium Play 😉

@Nancy: Do you think your answer is funny? Plarium "Play" includes all attempts spying on users' online activities by browser cookies used by Plarium. But the difference between "Plarium Play" and browsers is: Experienced users are able to block cookies and delete them leaving browsers or sites opened before. Every user being a little bit familiar with programming apps knows very well how to do that, but Plariums' programmers of course. They are the white knights - only doing the best to serve users! (Irony ends here!)

By the way the only thing really being programmed professionally by Plarium are pop ups overflowing players almost every 2nd minute making us to buy dozens of useless and much too expensive "offers"!

Nov 29, 2020, 18:1411/29/20
Nov 29, 2020, 18:15(edited)
05/16/15
Nancy

Hello, Archons. 

We are not saying that WebGL doesn't work, but its engine was not as powerful as Flash: the minimum system requirements went up, the visual quality went down, the load times were 5-7 times longer, and the game was much less responsive. We received numerous complaints from players and took them into account. 

It is worth giving a try to Plarium Play. More and more players use our application and glad to have such a cool alternative.  

Hi Nancy, 

Can you please elaborate on how Plarium Play with comply with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) effective 1/1/2020 &  EU GDPR? If you do not know then Plarium should consider hiring us to help you comply with it as it goes beyond the EU GDPR in many aspects. 

Cybersecurity & Privacy Consultants in California

Game Name Herc $mash

NancyAdmin
Dec 1, 2020, 15:2812/01/20
07/09/19
Douglas Sophia

Are there any plans to keep the game available on Gameroom?

I'm afraid it's out of our power because Gameroom is an app developed and supported by Facebook, not by Plarium

NancyAdmin
Dec 1, 2020, 15:3112/01/20
07/09/19
Douglas Sophia

So I would like to know the bottom line. If we have to switch to plarium play do we lose all of the progress, rank and money we have spent on FB???

Please follow updates on our official Community Page or group on Facebook. 

NancyAdmin
Dec 1, 2020, 15:5212/01/20
07/09/19
Herc Smash Distruggere

Hi Nancy, 

Can you please elaborate on how Plarium Play with comply with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) effective 1/1/2020 &  EU GDPR? If you do not know then Plarium should consider hiring us to help you comply with it as it goes beyond the EU GDPR in many aspects. 

Cybersecurity & Privacy Consultants in California

Game Name Herc $mash

Please refer to this article - https://plarium.com/en/legal/ccpa/ . If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

NancyAdmin
Dec 1, 2020, 15:5812/01/20
07/09/19

Please check this news post out. If any other questions arise, please leave a comment under that thread. 

Dec 7, 2020, 20:2712/07/20
08/08/15

i cant load plarium play apparently i am missing libcef.dII. this means nothing to me . currently looking to find how i install it. any suggestions welcomed

Dec 8, 2020, 11:4612/08/20
08/21/18

I had previously installed Plarium Play but it stopped working after an update earlier in the year so switched back to browser.  have now downloaded plarium play after a facefull of reminders and the game still doesn't open.  starts to launch and then flashes (irony) black screen and I'm back to the launch page.  I have not got the time to work through all this for a game so I will leave at the end of the year.

Dec 8, 2020, 13:3312/08/20
06/20/15

So what might be the solution when missing admin rights and guidelines prevent installing plarium play app!? For this case a web based solution is required.

Can this use case be supplied by plarium? 

Dec 8, 2020, 15:0512/08/20
11/14/15

Not everyone can afford a powerful PC. My laptop (2008) with a slight upgrade suits me. WebGL is too heavy for him. I am using LinuxMint (x64) operating system (based on Ubuntu). There is no plarium play for this system. Wine doesn't help. 

ps:small remark. install firefox and set him default web-browser and start plarium play. Work for me test in win8.1x64.

NancyAdmin
Dec 9, 2020, 10:2112/09/20
07/09/19
landi

i cant load plarium play apparently i am missing libcef.dII. this means nothing to me . currently looking to find how i install it. any suggestions welcomed

Try to remove Plarium Play and then install it again. If it doesn't help, please check Plarium Play FAQ here and contact the support team for further assistance. 

NancyAdmin
Dec 9, 2020, 10:2312/09/20
07/09/19
Bobo

I had previously installed Plarium Play but it stopped working after an update earlier in the year so switched back to browser.  have now downloaded plarium play after a facefull of reminders and the game still doesn't open.  starts to launch and then flashes (irony) black screen and I'm back to the launch page.  I have not got the time to work through all this for a game so I will leave at the end of the year.

Please refer to the article 'My game won't load. How do I fix it? '. I hope it helps.