Upgraded Oracle...But..

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Mar 29, 2020, 07:1903/29/20
01/10/16

Upgraded Oracle...But..

Hello,

I upgraded my Oracle recently from Level 22 to Level 23-the deciding factor was that this was supposed to increase my city defense by a factor of 1000.

Before the upgrade, my city Defense was at a certain number. I checked it before the upgrade, wanting to make sure I received the 1000, yet that figure did not go up.

http://prntscr.com/ropzsz

Why didn't my city defense number go up by this factor of 1000? I logged off and logged back in several times and my city defense number did not go up.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 29, 2020, 08:3103/29/20
Mar 29, 2020, 08:33(edited)
10/15/15

Meritus© said:

Hello,

I upgraded my Oracle recently from Level 22 to Level 23-the deciding factor was that this was supposed to increase my city defense by a factor of 1000.

Before the upgrade, my city Defense was at a certain number. I checked it before the upgrade, wanting to make sure I received the 1000, yet that figure did not go up.

Why didn't my city defense number go up by this factor of 1000? I logged off and logged back in several times and my city defense number did not go up.

Hello, young man.

The failure is in the description of what is achieved with each improvement, to improve the Oracle (occurs in the description of all buildings) what we really get is the following:

Level 21 - +50% pickup speed.

Level 22 - +1000 city defense

Level 23 - +15% pickup speed

Level 24 - +20% defense of units stationed in villages.

Hola joven

El fallo esta en la descripcion de lo que se consigue con cada mejora, al mejorar el oraculo ( ocurre en la descripcion de todos los edificios ) lo que realmente conseguimos es lo siguiente:

Nivel 21 - +50% velocidad de recogida.

Nivel 22 - +1000 defensa de ciudad.

Nivel 23 - +15% velocidad de recogida.

Nivel 24 - +20% defensa de unidades apostadas en villas.

Mar 29, 2020, 16:3503/29/20
01/10/16

Elias said:

Meritus© said:

Hello,

Hello, young man.

The failure is in the description of what is achieved with each improvement, to improve the Oracle (occurs in the description of all buildings) what we really get is the following:

Level 21 - +50% pickup speed.

Level 22 - +1000 city defense

Level 23 - +15% pickup speed

Level 24 - +20% defense of units stationed in villages.

Hola joven

El fallo esta en la descripcion de lo que se consigue con cada mejora, al mejorar el oraculo ( ocurre en la descripcion de todos los edificios ) lo que realmente conseguimos es lo siguiente:

Nivel 21 - +50% velocidad de recogida.

Nivel 22 - +1000 defensa de ciudad.

Nivel 23 - +15% velocidad de recogida.

Nivel 24 - +20% defensa de unidades apostadas en villas.

Thank you for your response Elias, but your post did not explain "Why" I did not receive the extra +1000 in city defense.

My city was at a 41344 city defense rating-

"Why" didn't it go to 42344? The description stated that i would get a +1000 city defense rating after upgrade and a +15% pickup speed (whatever that means) after the upgrade.
Mar 29, 2020, 17:2303/29/20
10/15/15

Meritus@ sorry but you didn't understand me.

You only get a +1000 bonus for city defense when you upgrade to level 22.

The following upgrades do not give any defense bonus.

Meritus@ perdona pero no me entendiste.

Unicamente se gana un bonus de +1000 de defensa de ciudad cuando mejoras a nivel 22.

Las siguientes mejoras no dan NINGUN bonus de defensa.

Mar 29, 2020, 22:0303/29/20
01/10/16

Elias said:

Meritus@ sorry but you didn't understand me.

You only get a +1000 bonus for city defense when you upgrade to level 22.

The following upgrades do not give any defense bonus.

Meritus@ perdona pero no me entendiste.

Unicamente se gana un bonus de +1000 de defensa de ciudad cuando mejoras a nivel 22.

Las siguientes mejoras no dan NINGUN bonus de defensa.

Well ..ok...I understand that, but that does not seem ethical to list that. It was listed (+1000) when I was at level 22. I up-graded and it was listed as +1000 plus the speed increase.

So that means you only get one of the items when you upgrade. Respectfully, disagree-it was listed as an upgrade.

So, according to this screen shot:

http://prntscr.com/rp1vrh

My next upgrade will only include a 20% defense capability-since the +1000 city defense and 65% Gathering speed is already active.

Misleading! 

Totally and unabashedly "Misleading"! 

My mistake was "reading" the "bonus after upgrade" and the figures posted below believing I was going to receive the upgrades listed. 

I mean no disrespect, but I should have remembered that whatever is written here in the game-is not always what you end up receiving.

So in effect, the upgrades are "Cumulative". You upgrade-you get +1000 City Defense. 

The next level, you get a 65% speed booster and the next level you get a 20% defensive booster.

Thank you for your post Sir.

Mar 30, 2020, 07:2703/30/20
10/15/15

I understand your anger at feeling cheated, so do all of us players when we read what it says in the explanation and what it really is.

Plarium promised to check the accompanying signs to see what you are earning with each update (what you are really earning) and hopefully it will be soon when you rectify.

And I assure you that it is not the fault of those who are here to answer.

Thank you for your understanding Meritus@

Comprendo su enfado por sentirse engañado, asi nos sentimos todos los jugadores cuando leemos lo que pone en la explicacion y lo que realmente es.

Plarium prometio revisar los letreros que acompañan diciendo lo que se gana con cada actualizacion ( lo que realmente se gana ) y esperemos sea pronto cuando rectifique.

Y le aseguro que la culpa no es de los que aqui le respondemos.

Gracias por su comprension Meritus@

Mar 30, 2020, 12:1403/30/20
01/27/15

It's not misleading at all, you just misread it.  I shows you what bonuses you have at which levels. 

Mar 30, 2020, 23:3003/30/20
12/02/16

Hi All and Meritus, Meritus I think we met at some siege or resource donations once in good spirit .

It is definitely misleading, many players that I know have stated that. This system of notifying rewards repeats itself in several places.

For example, the buildings upgrades show after level 20, 2% of enhanced offence or defense, however it is not increasing so once you get 2% in level 21 you will not get the same 2% in higher levels, although the 2% icon appears also there.

I hoped this will be fixed since one can imagine there might be financial reasons behind keeping this misleading information. The honesty factor should be more important than any financial factor.

Mar 31, 2020, 11:1303/31/20
01/10/16

Elias said:

I understand your anger at feeling cheated, so do all of us players when we read what it says in the explanation and what it really is.

Plarium promised to check the accompanying signs to see what you are earning with each update (what you are really earning) and hopefully it will be soon when you rectify.

And I assure you that it is not the fault of those who are here to answer.

Thank you for your understanding Meritus@

Comprendo su enfado por sentirse engañado, asi nos sentimos todos los jugadores cuando leemos lo que pone en la explicacion y lo que realmente es.

Plarium prometio revisar los letreros que acompañan diciendo lo que se gana con cada actualizacion ( lo que realmente se gana ) y esperemos sea pronto cuando rectifique.

Y le aseguro que la culpa no es de los que aqui le respondemos.

Gracias por su comprension Meritus@

Thank you for your response Elias.

My post was "Not" intended to place any fault at any one person's feet, but to ascertain what the bonus was in the listing.

I believe Rix, as posted above, was correct-I mis-read the bonus listing as I did not know. 

As Lior posted above as well, many players seem to have the same issue. I have informed my coalition members as a few had the same questions.

Thank you Elias, Rix and Lior for your posts.

Best Regards

Mar 31, 2020, 11:2203/31/20
01/10/16

Lior said:

Hi All and Meritus, Meritus I think we met at some siege or resource donations once in good spirit .

It is definitely misleading, many players that I know have stated that. This system of notifying rewards repeats itself in several places.

For example, the buildings upgrades show after level 20, 2% of enhanced offence or defense, however it is not increasing so once you get 2% in level 21 you will not get the same 2% in higher levels, although the 2% icon appears also there.

I hoped this will be fixed since one can imagine there might be financial reasons behind keeping this misleading information. The honesty factor should be more important than any financial factor.

Yes..your "Good Spirit" remembered-very few players exchange courtesies or signs/words of respect.

The building upgrades of 2% were once stated to me that they were/are "cumulative".

That is not the case. I now know that it is just listed and % increases are not cumulative. As stated before, I did mis-read the listing. 

Hope you have been well Sir and that you and your family are safe and healthy.

Best Regards