All Categories

The adventurer... new plarium super-dud feature?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Nov 5, 2019, 13:0311/05/19
02/25/16

I was eager to receive my new "adventurers" when the arena event ended.

Turns out they are totally and utterly useless.

They are guardians without any ability and with further restrictions on use.  Contrary to regular guardian you can't use them to increase rank without colors matching them. 

The "incredible" XP boost feature means that when you disband a level 15 adventurer you can get a regular level 1 guardian up to level 10... what's incredible about that?

This appears to be the most pointless feature Plarium has ever come up with.

If you can figure out anything else to do with them please post it here.
Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 30, 2019, 11:5611/30/19
Nov 30, 2019, 11:59(edited)
03/19/15

Totally agree. 

Not only it is useless and to some extent idiotic. Plarium keeps telling us us they are so overloaded that cannot take care about pressing issues.And yet, they had time for that. 

The most idiotic, it is proudly declared that Adventurers "help" to get rid of guardians, without any increase of the level. Why would a sane person need that? We always can "retire" a guardian old way - and use that for increasing a level of another guardian. 

Dec 4, 2019, 10:4312/04/19
02/14/18

Hello Spartans! 

Thank`s for your feedback in this particular matter. We will deliver this issue to CM. 

As a player, I agree with you about this particular feature, Adventurers are not very useful. I use them as soon as I collect them, upgrade all the guardians I can, and use the rest of adventurers to rise XP levels of others. That way, space is free again for new regular guardians. Hope That advise can help you! Have a nice day!

Dec 23, 2019, 16:3812/23/19
08/21/14

Mikalosos said:

I was eager to receive my new "adventurers" when the arena event ended.

Turns out they are totally and utterly useless.

They are guardians without any ability and with further restrictions on use.  Contrary to regular guardian you can't use them to increase rank without colors matching them. 

The "incredible" XP boost feature means that when you disband a level 15 adventurer you can get a regular level 1 guardian up to level 10... what's incredible about that?

This appears to be the most pointless feature Plarium has ever come up with.

If you can figure out anything else to do with them please post it here.

coalition arena is useless tournament,useless rewards(adventures) and the only good reward(holly summoning bond) is not possible to achieve unless you sell a kidney or both of them,plarium developers and management are stubborn,and it'll take at least 1 year for them to see that players ignoring this tournament,and then,after 1 or 2 years,they could make some changes,never the less,the only superfast "thing" at plarium,is Morteee's satisfaction on deleting my posts,which will happen as soon as she read my post :)

Tonaya
Dec 27, 2019, 09:2912/27/19
Dec 27, 2019, 09:36(edited)
12/02/16

Hellow Fellow Players,

I disagree with the opinions above and think that the Coalition Arena and the Adventurers are both useful and contributing.

The original topic of this chain of posts was on the Adventurers features, and it changed in the last post to the entire Coalition Arena event. I will comment on both and explain my opinion more in details. First I would like to say that Mikalosos and Tonaya (NE I am sure I have read your also lol), I like your posts in the forum, you contribute a lot to the knowledge and reading fun times. It is important to know first that a certain way of playing affects the opinion of different players. Usually people that posts in this forum had acquired huge armies and their in game upgrades are close to max.

The point of view for making an opinion is to consider the point of view of players that are not spending much money or not spending at all money, which are the majority of the players, myself included. I for myself am a player for 3 years with small or none budget, and still has a lot to upgrade, this because there are new features that are introduced to this game all the time and it is ok by me.

1) First the Coalition Arena, the most important aspect of it is to help the coalition members help each other. That is why its name is accurately called "coalition arena" and not something like "missions arena" or "guardians arena". This is all about coalition members helping each other, and players with more money or more active or more advanced in the game have opportunity to help the players with less money.

The prizes of the coalition arena are secondary and not the main thing, but still very good prizes to my opinion (around level 50, not commenting on something higher than that which are not realistic for almost all coalitions).

Beside the Adventurers and General Items the prizes are small and insignificant, in the level of a small daily mission prizes.

2) In the mystery chests the general items are very important, I got in my last arena tournament something like 5 general items, which some people will upgrade and the rest will break, both in the period of weekend coalition tournament to contribute points. The general items given are sometimes legendary class 2 (light and heavy troops), I got one this week also legendary class 3 (light, heavy and phalanx troops). These general items for non coiner players are very important, they go automatically for the upgrade slots part of the general items.

3) Adventurers, first I thought they have limitations and annoying, (which are still annoying ) but I learned that they are very useful. Active player in the Arena gets 10-15 adventurers, let's look for example in an average one of them, 2 stars maxed (and there are better of 3 stars maxed). 2 stars maxed guardian takes to reach to it something like 50-60 mouse clicks, for many players to hit a guardian need to wait 2 minutes until the guardian will return (only dominion level 10 will reduce it to 30 seconds), so 50-60 clicks are a lot of time and effort to max a 2 stars guardian. The arena gives 10-15 free guardians like that, which yes, they help a lot upgrading the regular guardians.

4) How much money will it cost for a non coiner player to get 10-15 free guardians level 1,2,3 maxed and average of 5 general items? Answer: None, no money at all. if the player chose, for few emeralds he can buy more hits but most players will not buy more hits, and still get these rewards for free.

5) How much time will it cost for a non coiner player to get 10-15 free guardians level 1,2,3 maxed and average of 5 general items? Answer: almost none, hitting once in each 5 rings takes one minute. For people that don't have time hitting at once all guardians takes 3 minutes maximum.

Conclusion: For regular players that didn't maxed their upgrades, guardians and items, this tournament is both fun and useful in getting many free prizes for neither spending not time and not money and for players that maxed their upgrades it is place when they can easily relatively help the rest of the players of their coalition.

Thanks.