All Categories

Guardian  Error or  again update without warning ?

Guardian Error or again update without warning ?

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Oct 18, 2019, 03:5710/18/19
09/20/16
Halomesword LS said:

When I noticed this change I asked VIP agent asap.  Shocked to see hey decreased it. It takes 24-2 star to make 12-3 star guardians, 12- 3 star guardians to make 3-4 star guardians to make 1 5 star guardian. and the reward for all of this is 50 gems.

This just causes me not to buy a gem pack every once in a while. I use to enjoy playing this tournament. It was one of the longest hardest ones to play. Had to play non stop to get in the high ranks. Real fight right to the last minute.

Now I is just another tournament for those players that easy spend 1k a month on this game without a thought, For the rest of us. They took this little corner of the game where we all had an equal chance.

Real Shame
I fact it takes 5 x 4-star guardians to make one 5 star guardian... each 4-star guardian requires 4 x 3-star guardians and each 3 star guardian is made from 3 x 2-star guardians each made from 2 x 1-star... 120 x 1-star guardians to make ONE 5-star.  total reward 50 + 5 x 25 + 20 x 10 + 60 x 5 + 120 x 2 = 915 emeralds if every single guardian is raised to max before being upgraded.  However every one under level 4 costs more emeralds to upgrade than than you get back from award so only the 4 and 5 star were worth upgrading WITH the old rewards.  With new lousy rewards rank 4, 5 and 6 are not worth upgrading either.
Oct 18, 2019, 04:5310/18/19
02/25/16

It's been 48 hours... just stopping by to remind Plarium that I have stopped playing and am not spending any more of my money on this lousy game because they cheat and steal from their customers. 

I was giving you hundreds of dollars per month to play your addictive game but you were too greedy and tried to reach into my wallet to take more.  I have now cut off your hand... and in 5 days I will permanently end the relationship with you. 

I am one of two real "coiners" in my coalition.  I think others will leave as well when the tournament rewards start drying up.  I feel bad because they are my friends but I cannot support a company that disrespects their customers like this.

Oct 18, 2019, 09:1310/18/19
12/29/14
On top of this have players noticed that summons bonds dont come as frequently as they used too, one time I was 100+ bonds now I am almost to zero, so dont go throwing away guardians as easy as you used too. Because of this scandal of reduced emeralds is it worth all the time and effort to upgrade. Total disregard from plarium and the real question is what about all those that gained loads of emeralds before this change and now have an advantage. I am sure glad I dont spent monies on this game, I would but all the time plarium try to rip players off, every time I think I will they have some other way of unsettling the playing community of Sparta. As for new players unless they spend a fortune, they will never catch up to a level where they can compete. Some of my members who come for advice from me I dare not tell them how much time and effort they will have to spend to become competitive. As for doing this on the sly, well we know this is the way this company operates.
Oct 18, 2019, 09:2910/18/19
03/11/15
So interesting on this subject
Oct 18, 2019, 10:2410/18/19
04/07/16

the bad idea of ​​plarium as if we had not already seen that the number of link was dimninute lately with the advent of a new building which must make us earn more and now the decline of diamonds in full event and without warning the players.

Good job Plarium 

NancyAdmin
Oct 18, 2019, 11:5010/18/19
07/09/19

Spartans, I completely understand your frustration. Each of you has its own tactics and purpose while playing Guardians and such a change might have led to a change in your routine tasks and shift the focus of your current in-game activity, but we noticed that some players might have abused this feature and were forced to take such a decision.

I understand why you don't like this change so much and I forwarded all feedback from players to devs.

I hope they will consider it and maybe review the balance once again.

Oct 18, 2019, 13:1210/18/19
03/13/16

@Nancy

Some players might have abused this feature? What the heck are you talking about? You have implemented this feature and now it is the player's fault when they play your features as intended?

Oct 18, 2019, 13:1510/18/19
Oct 18, 2019, 13:20(edited)
02/25/16

Nobody was "abusing" this feature... Such a remark is an insult to all smart players!! The only strategy in this game is to find the most economical way to grow your city.  Once you find that path and develop a strategy, you obviously use it you gain an advantage over other players.  If you call that abuse then every strategy in the game is abuse!! 

The only abuse here is Plarium trying to force players to spend more money for something that was free. 

I am fed up with this kind of doublespeak:  In fact you are saying that some players are using this feature to get around Plarium's absurd pricing on all Emerald packages...

Nancy - Your response only reinforced that my decision to cut off Plarium is the right one.

Oct 18, 2019, 13:4810/18/19
01/03/16

These guardians was huge mistake from plarium. Its basicly same system than elixirs but guardians need lot more work. i just ask, who want play the game what feel more work than fun? Now they decrease emerald amount. Its kinda slave labour. One thing what should fix immediately is that once click must do all the work what now need 100000000 clicks.

These forum posts dont change anything. Soon there is only few coiners left in the game and they wonder why did they wasted so much money in this game what end very soon because there are no "regular" players left.
Oct 18, 2019, 16:4610/18/19
12/29/14
Nancy stop defending the indefensible, when this game is gone you are gone and we all go elsewheres remembering what a great game this should have been.
Oct 18, 2019, 17:4510/18/19
02/05/16

Nancy said:

Spartans, I completely understand your frustration. Each of you has its own tactics and purpose while playing Guardians and such a change might have led to a change in your routine tasks and shift the focus of your current in-game activity, but we noticed that some players might have abused this feature and were forced to take such a decision.

I understand why you don't like this change so much and I forwarded all feedback from players to devs.

Absolute nonsense.

Please stop with this inane rhetoric Nancy.
Oct 18, 2019, 18:5210/18/19
09/26/14

Plarium is nonsense for a long time already, every move they did increased gap between players who are spending money and non spending ones. Of course that every game is giving some advantage for money spent, but this went too far. I am playing this game for a years already and there is no tactic and strategy that can beat money. By time passing i am becoming less and less competitive despite being active for few hours every day. It was not the case in time when I started, but Plarium "smart" changes killed this game. This step is just one of many in same direction. Non spending players will quit sooner, but also by time, real spenders will get bored and start quitting also. At the end everyone loses. I have no hopes this guardian thing will change, because plarium is insisting on  keeping this course for a really long time.

Oct 18, 2019, 18:5710/18/19
07/07/19
Nancy said:

That is complete hogwash, so it's the players fault for playing the game within the rules that your company set? I have never heard such nonsense to justify a gaming company changing game payouts to suit their own balance sheet.
Oct 18, 2019, 20:3210/18/19
Oct 18, 2019, 20:46(edited)
06/18/15

Nancy is right in 1 point:

Few players   found a way to beat the system, i already pointed the issue several times  few month back and nobody( from plarium)  listened.

Few group of  5-6 players  took a 50 -100  X  guardian development lead compare to the  top 200 average player, a 500x development compare to average players

With all guardians  99%+   compare to avergae players 25-30%.

Few of us + / - 50 players try to get into the race time to time but reaching the  top 3  .50-60 mio xp is almost impossible without lot of emeralds and ress.

FAct is plarium implented guardians, but did not have figured it all the consequences.

Personally my 2 BIG concerns and  complaints are

1) WHY THE  HELL  PLARIUM IS NOT CAPABLE TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS  even  24h prior a major change.

we have ingame message, we have app notifications, where is the difficulty ?

2) WHAT NEXT NOW ? a group of players (5/6)  took a 1.000.000  xp lead ( in term of guardian development).

With this new reward it is totally impossible to  close the gap  unless we put  4 times extra investment ( compare to original rewards), which is already demonstrated past 6 month almost impossible to reach.

All what i learned  from this

when you point issues you get silenced

then if necessary plarium will deny the issues

then they will tell us  for 6 monthes they look into it

and they hope you forget it, and come with  new  stuff, once more not fully tested.

As long we pour money into their hands willingly  do you think they will change their behavior ?

One fix idea  to study: get all players 5-6 most important guardians ( if not all ) class V, add  5 more ranks same concept rank 7.8.9.10 , only  level maxed can be use to upgrade and disable the  ressource / rank1  upgrade, so in mesure to upgrade you would have to do all the way up.

So you would need t o do  lvl 1 to 15  then 1 to 20  then 1 to 25 then 1 to 30  then 1 to 40 ect to be able to use your guardians to upgrade.also a random positioning window ( or othe mesure )  for energy refill  to avoid bots programs

Oct 18, 2019, 21:3110/18/19
02/25/16

The players who "abused the system" (actually they figured how to maximize Guardian play) are already through the door and now you slam it in the face of those who are slower to figure it out in the name of "fairness"?  How does that make any sense?

In fact Plarium created Guardians, a very boring and annoying aspect of the game... many players ignored it for the first year until others - who exploited it - suddenly have huge advantages in every aspect of the game.  Now all players want this same advantage so Plarium takes away the "free road" and builds a "toll road" to it.  Smart strategy: create a need for something by letting some people use it for free then start charging for it.  But it is totally unethical.

I am one who "got through the door" and I have many rank 5 and 6 Guardians of every type most class 4 and 5.  I am ranked around 50 in the all time Guardian XP category. I still think it's totally disgusting to change the rules SIGNIFICANTLY after years of play.  It imbalances the game more with the only objective being to create more income for Plarium.

The advantage I've gained I will keep and others will not be able to match it now that the door is closed behind me.
Oct 18, 2019, 21:4110/18/19
11/05/15
Mikalosos said:

The players who "abused the system" (actually they figured how to maximize Guardian play) are already through the door and now you slam it in the face of those who are slower to figure it out in the name of "fairness"?  How does that make any sense?

In fact Plarium created Guardians, a very boring and annoying aspect of the game... many players ignored it for the first year until others - who exploited it - suddenly have huge advantages in every aspect of the game.  Now all players want this same advantage so Plarium takes away the "free road" and builds a "toll road" to it.  Smart strategy: create a need for something by letting some people use it for free then start charging for it.  But it is totally unethical.

I am one who "got through the door" and I have many rank 5 and 6 Guardians of every type most class 4 and 5.  I am ranked around 50 in the all time Guardian XP category. I still think it's totally disgusting to change the rules SIGNIFICANTLY after years of play.  It imbalances the game more with the only objective being to create more income for Plarium.

The advantage I've gained I will keep and others will not be able to match it now that the door is closed behind me.
this post gains my respect because you are being extremely fair here in wanting others to be able to match your achievements - thank you :)
Oct 18, 2019, 21:4210/18/19
06/17/16

It is absolutely unfair, I remember when they took out an offer of legendary chests for a few hours and then withdrew it, many players got $ 9.99 for the legendary full class 4 general, and then began giving away in coalition chests, despising players who had been years playing Xerxes to get it, at that moment I understood that Plarium has no ethics, will do anything unfair to win more and more money, even if it destroys the game.

Oct 18, 2019, 22:2410/18/19
06/18/15
YaviZ HBG said:

It is absolutely unfair, I remember when they took out an offer of legendary chests for a few hours and then withdrew it, many players got $ 9.99 for the legendary full class 4 general, and then began giving away in coalition chests, despising players who had been years playing Xerxes to get it, at that moment I understood that Plarium has no ethics, will do anything unfair to win more and more money, even if it destroys the game.

you are of the 5-6 players exploiting the guardian  issue lately  LOL  dont try to  introduce you as a martyr :D 
Oct 18, 2019, 23:2510/18/19
Oct 20, 2019, 01:30(edited)
07/07/19

I think that this is game over for me and I have spent a lot of money on this game and other Plarium games, Stormfall, Soldiers Inc and Total Domination. You guys have crossed the line here and enough is enough. It seems that I cannot even do one click here but you want money. 

This is not a game, this is gambling as you never know what is going to happen with PP or on opening a Holy or Epic summoning bond. I would like to know EXACTLY what I am buying.

I know that a lot on this thread are saying that they will stop playing or that they will stop coining. For myself to call this end ex will have to mean that I suicide all of my troops against a Pan, player or COA capital.

People are sick of your underhand antics Plarium. 

Make the game fair to the players and do not rape us for coin at every opportunity, it's not ethical, fair nor moral. If you were to do this then player retention would increase.
Oct 18, 2019, 23:5510/18/19
05/05/16

This is a total crock.....

I am a coiner but totally agree with others here. The change will kill any attempt for non-coiners to develop their guardians.

Not even a notice was announced which is totally unacceptable. I like to develop guardians to level 30 and leave them there util I want to make a run for weekly rankings or tournament. So I lost a lot of emeralds because of this change.

This needs to be changed back ASAP and not only that but also we should be able to retire a rank 6 level 40 to upgrade another guardian to rank 6. This would help the non-coiner because they develop grade 2's, 3's and 4's since that is all they get. Then eventually with enough time hitting warlords they might get a grade 4 and they should be able to retire a grade 3 rank 6 to upgrade their new guardian otherwise all that hard work is thrown in the trash.