one big dud

one big dud

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Apr 3, 2019, 12:4804/03/19
02/25/16

one big dud

After 2 months of using the Elysian City the conclusion is in... it's a total dud!

Nothing to see here.

City development is uninteresting, unit abilities are worthless, Elysian positions are pointless and 100% losers, development tree is expensive, slow and goes nowhere.  Moonstone is a totally worthless commodity since you have much more than you can ever use or store so developing quarries and warehousing is unnecessary. Units are super expensive and not worth the cost of revival even at  the 75% discount rate.

Huge amount of smoke... but once you see through it, there is absolutely nothing there!

Why is that?  Because Plarium developers are so timid their main goal appears to be not to influence the core game balance.  Therefore any new feature is less and less impactful but always more expensive than the previous one... and of course very time consuming because Plarium does not value our time... it is there for them to waste on endless mouse-clicking contests.

And Plarium does not value our input... they just plow ahead with dumb ideas when there is a plethora of good ideas listed on the forum by people who actually play and understand the game.  They wouldn't want to appear responsive to their customers would they?  And they absolutely refuse to correct any past mistakes.  It's like the government: always adding new programs and never deleting or fixing the ones that are proven not to work.

The Elysian City is so badly implemented that it hurts. Yet there is no chance Plarium will ever fix it.  If they deleted the whole feature right now 99% of players would not even care or notice.  To me it's just like an annoying pop-up ad that interferes with my game.

If you are one of those players who is desperately working on signing Sparta so you can get YOUR Elysian city I can tell you that once you see behind the curtain, there is just a tired old man with same old Plarium gimmicks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 3, 2019, 15:4904/03/19
Apr 3, 2019, 16:02(edited)
01/26/15

Latest implements   intellect tree, guardians and Aleysia is just to pull off the last dollars.

If you have not yet noticed, tech support no longer exist, community managers ? one left and doesnt answer to any issues except " you dont need to participate, there is other things in the game "

brings me to the financial situation of the game and the Argentina pesos  story .

1- was it a plarium self implemented bug  to get people buying more often 

because if was not i really wonder what kind   shit accounting dpt of a multi million cie like plarium cannot see 40%  hole in their revenues

2- if  it was a bug and took 3 years to fix it  --> they have to correct their budget and all staff is gone for good

3- was it a way to wash money ?

4-if was self implanted bug, the rest of customers are entittled to a refund for over priced .

5- plarium can write as many times they want  that they can  change any rules of the game any prices, anything they want at anytime, doesn t mean that it is the true.

There is commercial laws, international laws, customers protection laws, they can try to intimidate you, to shut you out, at the end there is a justice court that regulate.

Dont expect any improvement anymore, this game is losing customer at mach 3 speed, and the staff is already out.

Apr 3, 2019, 17:5104/03/19
Apr 3, 2019, 17:55(edited)
03/10/15

100% agree on the elysian city, a waste of time

100% agree, plarium does not listen users to look for a direction

100% agree, developers have no clue orf where to go

100% agree no support, no community manager (common, to read twice per week a forum where only 10 people post regularly? obviously they are finding excuses to close the forum, so they shut up us)

100% agree, the direction of the game seems to be to get the last pennies before closing it down

the scary thing is that they say that summer will come with more improvements, when the old ones are still not working and players detest them and asked please not to implement before they did ....

and if i answer as active player in a forum, i am accused of stirring the pot and receive threats ....  

Apr 3, 2019, 20:4504/03/19
11/05/15

erm never threatened you with anything!

Just said I was fed up with you stirring the pot :P

anyway Morteeee has her sense of humour back now ;) 
Apr 4, 2019, 06:5004/04/19
03/10/15

did i say it was you? omg! you are the one that seems following my posts lol not the other way around lol

Coming back to the original question, Elysian positions, i have not gone positions up, but what i heard from everyone that did, even with all the extras, is that you lose more that you gain, its a con to make people spend money buying the units, and the units die the same as the others, a waste... i heard the same in forums in other plarium games like stormfall where it was implemented first, i did say here before it happend, but does plarium listen to us? noooooooppppeee, they don't give a ......

Apr 4, 2019, 20:1004/04/19
11/05/15

what can I say ;)

anyway, regarding EP's I have only taken mine to L20 and havent gone beyond at the moment, I know for a fact that L19 and below can be killed safely with 1 Dimacha with no losses so I just do that for my daily chronos quests as at least I am getting some reward that way 

I will be sticking to that until I have a greater understanding of them 
Apr 4, 2019, 21:4404/04/19
03/10/15

moortee i have seen informs of people with high levels of that troops and all extras and you loose more, much more and only compensate if you revive troops... there is nothing to understand in that attacks whith that troops... no pattern unless algorithm is wrong

or Elysean city is a way to force us to spend money and brings no value to game

Apr 5, 2019, 09:1604/05/19
03/05/19

Hello! Thank you all for sharing your feedback.

Elysian Positions - just one of many in-game features. If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do. There are a lot of interesting things in this game in addition to the Positions. 

Apr 5, 2019, 12:2304/05/19
03/10/15

boris,  can you tell me in your opinion what other interest things are in the game apart of positions? 

but please try yo remember the ones that you also have said to us "just one of many in-game features. If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do" because i am not sure there are many left.... and you of course cannot be telling us NOT to play, isn't it?

Apr 5, 2019, 13:3904/05/19
07/06/15

elysian positions is waste of units 

BORIS :

Elysian Positions - just one of many in-game features. If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do. There are a lot of interesting things in this game in addition to the Positions. 

XP guardian trnt  is rigged  by BOTS

BORIS :

XP guardians - just one of many in-game features. If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do. There are a lot of interesting things in this game in addition to the Positions. 

No much less to play

Boris:

If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do 

>Repeat undefinitly>>>>

Apr 5, 2019, 14:3304/05/19
08/21/14

James Madison said:

elysian positions is waste of units 

BORIS :

XP guardian trnt  is rigged  by BOTS

BORIS :

XP guardians - just one of many in-game features. If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do. There are a lot of interesting things in this game in addition to the Positions. 

No much less to play

Boris:

If you are unsatisfied with them you can always choose another in-game activity to do 

>Repeat undefinitly>>>>

it is ex cm Alyona 

invention,copy-paste answers,i got million of those for all different suggestions,famous and the one i had nightmares was:Tonaya,troop value may differ.........   o.O   and question was simple: do imperial troops have same value with regular troops,or not?  3 years ago,still no answer

Tonaya 
Apr 6, 2019, 03:5804/06/19
02/25/16

Good morning could I speak to Luxos Customer Service?

Customer Service: How can I help you?

The radio in my new car has stopped working...

Customer Service: Don't worry about it, listen to the CD player instead that is why there is both a radio and a CD player

The CD player stopped working as well.

Customer Service: Well it is not good to be distracted by music while driving - just pay attention to the traffic

And the brakes seem to be really loose and it takes a long time to stop the car...

Customer Service:The brakes work fine you are just wearing the wrong shoes.

What type of shoes should I wear? 

Customer Service:We can't tell you that - it is part of the Luxos proprietary design features. But if you send me a list of the shoes you have worn in the past 12 years with the dates and the stores where you purchased them I will forward it to our technical group and they will confirm that you are wearing the wrong shoes.

I think it is too dangerous to drive this car with unresponsive brakes

Customer Service: You don't have to drive the car, there are plenty of other features, you can sleep in it, store clothes in the trunk or use it as an extra room to visit with your friends.

But I bought the car so I could get to work...

Customer Service: Luxos has reserved the right to change any and all features of the car.  We don't consider being drive-able as a key feature in a car.

You are crazy!

Customer Service: You violated customer support etiquette and I am banning you from calling Luxos Customer service for the next 12 months, You ungrateful customer!

Apr 6, 2019, 07:2204/06/19
03/10/15

that answers look so familiar.... funny enough they are applied by the same people to the rest of plarium games uff so many people wearing th wrong shoes....

mikalosos I could have not said better!
Apr 9, 2019, 09:3804/09/19
03/05/19

Thank you for your comments. I see your point, guys. You believe that Elysian Positions feature works wrong. Sure, they can be challenging. However, they work as expected. Yes, I can give the same answer sometimes but, to tell the truth, I receive the same questions. So, don't surprise if you face the situation when you can see the same answers on the same questions. 

Try to discuss this matter with other players, choose your right, smart strategy. I know that some players use massive armies of strong Units to engage Positions (Elysian and regular ones). I can't forbid doing it since it's only up to a player to decide how to play this game. Still, in my opinion, there is no benefit to lose the Units of the highest tier to get them back. Positions are not the tool to increase your army. It's better to convert your weaker Units into stronger ones. 
Apr 9, 2019, 13:2804/09/19
03/10/15
boris, do you want me to find the same empty meaning answers you give here in the rest of the games? to show your total lack of interest in users?
Apr 10, 2019, 01:0404/10/19
02/25/16

Community managers are there to promote Plarium not to resolve problems.  When you bring them problems they either dismiss them, minimize them or tell you that you don't have to participate in that particular aspect of the game if you dont like it. 

You will never hear the answer that Plarium really messed this one up and they are trying to fix it...  That is the answer 99% of the time but they are paid mouthpieces and their script does not allow them to tell the truth.
Apr 11, 2019, 10:3304/11/19
03/05/19

Good day! I surely see your point, guys. I'm sorry to hear that you have such an opinion. Still, I respect it.

We're trying to fix all the issues if we find them or if players report them to us. However, if we're talking about the regular game mechanics, we can't fix it since it's not a problem. It's how the game features work.  

I hope for your understanding. 

Apr 11, 2019, 10:4204/11/19
09/14/15

I have no understanding. The game mechanics are the problem. You have no understanding as well.  So many of your customers

are greatly upset and YOU DONT SEEm TO CARE. So stop pretending to sympathise.
Apr 11, 2019, 14:5404/11/19
09/14/15
On further reflection, I think Boris thinks we are all idiots.....most insulting

Good day! I surely see your point, guys. I'm sorry to hear that you have such an opinion. Still, I respect it.

We're trying to fix all the issues if we find them or if players report them to us. However, if we're talking about the regular game mechanics, we can't fix it since it's not a problem. It's how the game features work.  

Apr 12, 2019, 21:2904/12/19
03/10/15

Hellion6 said:

On further reflection, I think Boris thinks we are all idiots.....most insulting

actually, i think you are right hellium, he must think that if he says 1000 times the same sentence, it will become true, because we are brainless....

he does nto realise how insulting is that answer again and again like a parrot, when we prove day by day that is not right what he says...
Apr 16, 2019, 10:0204/16/19
03/05/19
hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

Hellion6 said:

actually, i think you are right hellium, he must think that if he says 1000 times the same sentence, it will become true, because we are brainless....

he does nto realise how insulting is that answer again and again like a parrot, when we prove day by day that is not right what he says...
Thank you for this feedback.